+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I never spoke about the Typhon, i simply answered the claim "itīs targeted at 12 year olds, so no mythological concepts besides famous ones can be used". Heck, i can not think of any popular piece of medium that featured Dharmic deities or Hinduistic phrases for example, so the argument hardly holds up. There is Kaidu who is supposed to have had 2 dinosaurs serving him if we can believe Marco Polo (lol) while Kaido already has one of them for example, the SHs getting swallowed by Laboon comes from a Hebrew myth and so on. The link above actually provided tons of examples that are not really part of pop culture.
    I know that there are some more obscure myths out there in One Piece (like, say, most of Enel's named techniques referencing some really obscure thunder deities), but when giving someone an ability, it's very probable that Oda won't really go full obscure on it so that things become easier to explain to the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Not really first, people were saying this before the podcast came out but yes I listened and Greg made mos the points in this thread yeah.
    Actually I've been championing this theory since Chapter 698.
    Last edited by Greg; August 9th, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    W

Well I have no idea who first started it, just listened to you int he podcast and saw some people suggesting it here since I read the thread before the podcast and you don't post as much I didn't notice who started it.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

am I the only one considering the Dragon's Horn in this

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Maybe Kaido simply is a dragon ?
    That ate Mythical Gigant devil fruit and that gave him personality and ability to think like human. Same as chopper gotten a lot of human "perks" from devil fruit.

I do think its more likely than Kaido simply eating dragon Zoan devil fruit.

Kaido can simply be one of those mythical creatures, without any df powers. We need a demon or an ogre, since we already have giants, dragons and dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    W

Well I have no idea who first started it, just listened to you int he podcast and saw some people suggesting it here since I read the thread before the podcast and you don't post as much I didn't notice who started it.
    Yeah, a lot of people had that idea since forever, impossible to know who started it.

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏw̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Unfortunately this is a bit on the "too long didn't read" side for me but I get some of the idea, just wondering how the direct ties to Doflamingo fit in (i.e. Momosuke's visions of Doflamingo, and Doflamingo wanting Momonosuke)... I know that Doflamingo was a factor in his hating pirates (Kinemon's was from getting cut up, though), but I didn't pick up on anything about a second pirate being involved or envisioned (Kaido) when I read the manga. Also it's been a while but I thought there was some confusion with Kinemon about whether his son was eaten by a dragon or became one, which accounted for him hating random dragons... again, it's been a while since that part of the story and I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that wrong, though. In any case, I may come back to this topic sometime when I have more time and re-read to look and see if the Doflamingo thing was already addressed, though.
    Last edited by Psycrow; August 10th, 2015 at 03:13 AM.
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

Oh yeaaaah! Well! I came up with this theory in chapter 697!

This has been pretty obvious since we know Momonosuke and Kinemon both dislike the dragons and seems to fear Kaido who seems to be related to Wano. It's not a stretch to say Kaido the King of the Beasts could ends up with a Dragon Zoan, there was no need to make such a big ass theory.

Also, the Dragon being the main event/bad guy of Monster, one of Oda's previous work which happened at Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiatus View Post
    there was no need to make such a big ass theory
    there is no need to be an ass.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

There are tons of stuff that Japanese 12 year olds would not get, hardly an argument
    No, it's a very credible argument. Kids recognize dragons, cerberus and phoenix. I could have told you those because they appear all over popular culture. Kraken is even popular. So are giants, mermaids, dwarves and sphinx. Typhon? He's completely obscure. Could you truthfully tell me you knew who or what Typhon was when you were 12? Let alone 20?

Maybe Dragon has the Kaido Kaido devil fruit in the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara-San View Post
    Maybe Dragon has the Kaido Kaido devil fruit in the other hand.
    I like this theory .

I never spoke about the Typhon, i simply answered the claim "itīs targeted at 12 year olds, so no mythological concepts besides famous ones can be used". Heck, i can not think of any popular piece of medium that featured Dharmic deities or Hinduistic phrases for example, so the argument hardly holds up. There is Kaidu who is supposed to have had 2 dinosaurs serving him if we can believe Marco Polo (lol) while Kaido already has one of them for example, the SHs getting swallowed by Laboon comes from a Hebrew myth and so on. The link above actually provided tons of examples that are not really part of pop culture.
    Just to point it out: I've studied the philosophical (mereological, soteriological, sometimes phenomenological) underpinnings of ancient Buddhism, and Zoro actually has a lot going on that constitutes obscure references to old-school Buddhism. I'm re-reading One Piece whenever I get the chance, and this time around I'm reading Zoro as a bit more meditative than my first read-through, in which I took him to be a bit of a dolt. He's still a BIT of a dolt, in certain ways, but there is more to it than that.

But, to play King Cannon's advocate (congrats - You are now the devil ;) ), those aren't exactly huge parts of the story. Whatever Kaido turns out to be (his DF if he has one, whatever else he is if he doesn't) is kind of a big part of One Piece. In that respect, it could be argued that it will be drawn from something a bit better known.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I've never seen such a theory praised. Good work.
    Thanks, mate And thanks again for trying to help me find a thread for my theory back then. I appreciate that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasouya View Post
    wow, this good regardless how this turn out.

but i'm still believe that kaido don't have any DF power ( purely gut feeling )

looking forward to see more of this kind theory from you.

HahaThanks xD If I happen to create another one, you’ll find it posted here on Arlong Park.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    An interesting theory.
    Thanks, bud

Quote Originally Posted by kcity View Post
    Good theory. It's strange he would jump from Sky Island though if he could fly up there anyway. Still a toss up between dragon and oni for me.

Maybe a dragon that ate the oni oni no mi? :P
    Thanks! He wasn’t using his flying ability when he jumped (even though he has it) because he was seeking death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    Definitely. My preference for deductive arguments is, at least primarily, a personal bias. I teach categorical logic, so I'm often immersed in deductive logic. We do some inductive stuff too, but it isn't as prominent in my professional life.
    A man of sense and reason. I like that! Well, this explains your affinity for deduction.
    I will be keeping a close eye on your posts henceforth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    Certainty might be nice, and might be possible in theoretic or hypothetical scenarios, but life is more complicated and certainty is by far the exception rather than rule. Inductive arguments simply do most of the work when it comes to actually evaluating many concrete states of affairs.
    True. I couldn’t have said it better
    Quote Originally Posted by Game And Guy View Post
    It could be that someone who has control over Wano - whether or not it's Kaidou, but for the sake of this thread, let's say it's Kaidou - is in possession of the Dragon's Horn, which can upon a dragon (or more). Kaidou himself may not be a dragon zoan, but rather, a guy in control of the Dragon's Horn.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I had fun reading them

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Greg, it’s nice to finally make your acquaintance. I was surprised to see other people sharing the same thought as I.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Oh yeaaaah! Well! I came up with this theory in chapter 697!
    Haha! The progenitor of the theory

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Unfortunately this is a bit on the "too long didn't read" side for me but I get some of the idea,
    I understand
    just wondering how the direct ties to Doflamingo fit in (i.e. Momosuke's visions of Doflamingo...
    In my opinion, Momo was hallucinating due to hypoglycemia(lack of glucose/ blood sugar in the blood stream) because of the lack of food intake during several days.
    just wondering how the direct ties to Doflamingo fit in (i.e. Doflamingo wanting Momonosuke)...
    As I have explained in my theory, Kaido did something with his flying abilities to Momo, which rendered him aviophobic. This creates a direct connection between Kaido and Momo.
    Kinemon, Kanjuro, and Momonosuke were being chased by Kaido’s goons, and they were chasing them because of orders from higher-up, which must mean that Kaido himself desires to catch all three of them or only Momonosuke amongst them.
    Doflamigo was working with Kaido, and Kaido desired to catch the group amongst whom Momo was. So this could amount to the explanation that Doflamingo sought to catch and deliver Momo to Kaido.

Also it's been a while but I thought there was some confusion with Kinemon about whether his son was eaten by a dragon or became one, which accounted for him hating random dragons... again, it's been a while since that part of the story and I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that wrong, though.
    The news about his son’s transformation into a dragon reached Kinemon’s ears ‘after’ he had cut down the small dragon and displayed his ‘personal vendetta’ against ‘dragons’ generally (chapter 690 & 692).

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    Thanks! He wasn’t using his flying ability when he jumped (even though he has it) because he was seeking death.
    What I meant was, why not just fly up high and then fly or drop down to your death? He could go even higher than 10k meters by just flying, instead he just jumps down with relatively low speed. Doesn't make sense to me, but then again it's One Piece ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kcity View Post
    He could go even higher than 10k meters by just flying, instead he just jumps down with relatively low speed.
    Assuming he reached terminal velocity, he would be travelling at somewhere between 120-180 mph. Consider hitting a solid object at that speed unscathed.

Point being that the height he fell from wouldn't make much difference once he reached terminal velocity.

great thread!really good theory by op,and great ideas by a lot of other people as well.
    this is how great discussion and speculation thread should be like,compared to say the thread about the fate of mera mera.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Thank you for the interesting thoery, Australopithecus.

Some people on 2ch say there is a kanji (八) on Kaido's (probably) pirate flag. It means "eight".Maybe the devil fruit Kaido ate is mythical zoan "Yamatano-orochi". it is known as Japanese oldest dragon/serpent, which has "eight" heads.
    on looking closely,i can see that compared to the normal pirate flags which have 2 bones placed against each other,this one has 4,thus marking 8 points.(8 directions)
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Dragon?Nah...a cool DF,indeed,but not cool enough for an Yonkou.
    Whatever it is,it definitely must be one of the craziest DF ever seen in terms of power(just like Whitebeard's,for example).Oda certainly keeps the best ones for the coolest characters...and personally,I don't see Kaidou being an exception.The "Hundred beast' epithet seems a very strong hint of Kaidou's DF awesomeness.
    Anyway...thats just my two cents.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information