+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 306

Thread: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

  1. #41

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Hi guys! First and foremost, I would like to thank you for appreciating and sharing your views about my theory with me. Thank you!

    I have just added other premises to my theory, one about Momo’s phobia of dragons and another about Kinemon’s worry about his son’s whereabouts at the presence of dragons.


    If I remember anything else that supports this theory, I’ll add it here. :)


    Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    This is one of the better theories I've read. I'm often demanding of theories, favoring deductive certainty over inductive likelihood.

    But this theory has a lot that is crystal clear - a lot that strikes me as just plain correct - and the parts that aren't certain/are more interpretative still seem well thought out, coherent, and even plausible.

    There's no guarantee or certainty that you're right, but - so far - I'm as convinced as I'll probably ever be by a OP theory (and that's not to be ironic; I'm actually pretty darn convinced!).

    Great job here.
    Thanks, Ned.

    Inductive reasoning is great too. Assertions based on inductive reasoning can be just as great as those based on deductive reasoning, as long as the arguments are either inductively strong or cogent.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; August 8th, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    I've never seen such a theory praised. Good work.

  3. #43
    Bisoromi Bear Game And Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hitchhiking through the Galaxy

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    It could be that someone who has control over Wano - whether or not it's Kaidou, but for the sake of this thread, let's say it's Kaidou - is in possession of the Dragon's Horn, which can upon a dragon (or more). Kaidou himself may not be a dragon zoan, but rather, a guy in control of the Dragon's Horn.

    You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

  4. #44
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    An interesting theory.

  5. #45
    Pervert Legion Kasouya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Behind the Lens

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    wow, this good regardless how this turn out.

    but i'm still believe that kaido don't have any DF power ( purely gut feeling ).

    looking forward to see more of this kind theory from you.
    Agree to Differ
    Some People Feel the Rain, Others just get wet
    Why so Serious?, Let's Put a Smile on that Face!

  6. #46

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I actually lean towards this one more. It would explain why he's the strongest creature.
    For me it would also fit more than simply a guy that ate dragon zoan.

    Dragon eating some mythical zoan like Sengokus that is giving him some form of human abilities - speaking, more complex thinking and so on sounds really good.
    Him flying would be explained as his natural, core ability and not something he gained by eating devil fruit.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Maybe Kaido can turn into a dragon like the Great Tao Dragon from Shaman King.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Good theory. It's strange he would jump from Sky Island though if he could fly up there anyway. Still a toss up between dragon and oni for me.

    Maybe a dragon that ate the oni oni no mi? :P

  9. #49

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    Hi guys! First and foremost, I would like to thank you for appreciating and sharing your views about my theory with me. Thank you!

    I have just added other premises to my theory, one about Momo’s phobia of dragons and another about Kinemon’s worry about his son’s whereabouts at the presence of dragons.


    If I remember anything else that supports this theory, I’ll add it here. :)



    Thanks, Ned.

    Inductive reasoning is great too. Assertions based on inductive reasoning can be just as great as those based on deductive reasoning, as long as the arguments are either inductively strong or cogent.
    Definitely. My preference for deductive arguments is, at least primarily, a personal bias. I teach categorical logic, so I'm often immersed in deductive logic. We do some inductive stuff too, but it isn't as prominent in my professional life.

    Certainty might be nice, and might be possible in theoretic or hypothetical scenarios, but life is more complicated and certainty is by far the exception rather than rule. Inductive arguments simply do most of the work when it comes to actually evaluating many concrete states of affairs.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    I don't get why people think it would be a Typhon fruit. Typhon is a very obscure Greek Mythology reference that you'd only find if you googled him up. Oda creates his mythology around concepts that are recognizable and within the realm of pop culture. Remember, he aims the material at the '12 yr old kid' range. He's not going to pull obscure mythological references when there's so many more recognizable ones to choose from (or make up completely).

  11. #51

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I don't get why people think it would be a Typhon fruit. Typhon is a very obscure Greek Mythology reference that you'd only find if you googled him up. Oda creates his mythology around concepts that are recognizable and within the realm of pop culture. Remember, he aims the material at the '12 yr old kid' range. He's not going to pull obscure mythological references when there's so many more recognizable ones to choose from (or make up completely).
    Iunno. The mythology around the admirals (and, potentially, Monkey D. Dragon) is obscure enough that I don't even remember the details; something about "Four Great Seas," various animals, etc. It's more or less described in here, starting at about 2:05 (though I think the whole video is worth the time, just for entertainment value; all the stuff about ancient weapons is purely speculation, and doesn't matter for our conversation here lol).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXPhEPpPkU

    Even if you disagree with the conclusions, it does seem like the admirals are based on a fairly obscure piece of Chinese mythology. Maybe it's just obscure to me as an American, and Japanese 12 year olds would be familiar with it... But I have no idea if that's the case.

    My only point is, sometimes, Oda does use seemingly obscure mythology. I agree with you that Typhon is a stretch, but only because there is a lack of evidence, not because Oda doesn't use obscure mythology.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I don't get why people think it would be a Typhon fruit. Typhon is a very obscure Greek Mythology reference that you'd only find if you googled him up. Oda creates his mythology around concepts that are recognizable and within the realm of pop culture. Remember, he aims the material at the '12 yr old kid' range. He's not going to pull obscure mythological references when there's so many more recognizable ones to choose from (or make up completely).
    There are tons of stuff that Japanese 12 year olds would not get, hardly an argument

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    Iunno. The mythology around the admirals (and, potentially, Monkey D. Dragon) is obscure enough that I don't even remember the details; something about "Four Great Seas," various animals, etc. It's more or less described in here, starting at about 2:05 (though I think the whole video is worth the time, just for entertainment value; all the stuff about ancient weapons is purely speculation, and doesn't matter for our conversation here lol).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXPhEPpPkU

    Even if you disagree with the conclusions, it does seem like the admirals are based on a fairly obscure piece of Chinese mythology. Maybe it's just obscure to me as an American, and Japanese 12 year olds would be familiar with it... But I have no idea if that's the case.

    My only point is, sometimes, Oda does use seemingly obscure mythology. I agree with you that Typhon is a stretch, but only because there is a lack of evidence, not because Oda doesn't use obscure mythology.
    If you mean the folklore of Momotaro, itīs like one of the most famous tales in Japan

  13. #53
    Noseless and Handless akagami7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    lugo or madrid, Spain

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    Even if you disagree with the conclusions, it does seem like the admirals are based on a fairly obscure piece of Chinese mythology.
    No, they're based on Momotaro's tale which belongs to Japanese folklore. Fujitora and Ryokugyuu aswell
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_76
    Also the only four beasts which guard a direction in chinese mythology that I know of are a white tiger, a black turtle, a red bird and a blue dragon.
    http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ssu-ling.shtml
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_S...nstellation%29
    Not a red dog a blue bird a yellow monkey and a white dragon that's just wrong


  14. #54

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    There are tons of stuff that Japanese 12 year olds would not get, hardly an argument
    I dunno. Stuff like Phoenix, Buddha and Dragons tend to be very recognizable and icons of pop culture. This makes it easier to drop them into the story without giving too much details about what they are or do as most people would be aware of their mythical abilities.

    Other famous mythological creatures that come up at the top of my head:

    Cerberus (dog class)
    Unicorn (horse class)
    Monkey King (monkey class)
    Fire Salamander (salamander class)
    Last edited by King Cannon; August 9th, 2015 at 06:40 AM.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I dunno. Stuff like Phoenix, Buddha and Dragons tend to be very recognizable and icons of pop culture. This makes it easier to drop them into the story without giving too much details about what they are or do as most people would be aware of their mythical abilities.

    Other famous mythological creatures that come up at the top of my head:

    Cerberus (dog class)
    Unicorn (horse class)
    Monkey King (monkey class)
    Fire Salamander (salamander class)
    Impel Down - Danteīs Divine Comedy
    Alabasta - Egyptian mythology with Anubis and Horus as inspiration for Chaka and Pell
    Boa sisters - Gorgon and Medusa
    Klaubautermann is a German folklore
    Shandora - El Dorado

    Just off the top of my head, i surely did not know anything about these as a 12 year old. There is actually a lot more stuff you find out comes from different mythologies, whether itīs Greek, Hinduistic or whatnot. And remember, i never said that everything is hard to get, the fact that Japanese adolescents would know about Buddha, the Monkey King or Dragons is hardly surprising, but those are the really obvious ones.
    I think there was a thread around here that compiled the mythological inspirations but the search option fails me sometimes.

    Ah found it: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=36777

  16. #56

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Maybe Kaido simply is a dragon ?

  17. #57
    Discovered Stowaway HERO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    kinda sad the human-human fruit is already gone, would be awesome if he IS just a big old dragon that eat the human-human fruit


  18. #58

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    There are tons of stuff that Japanese 12 year olds would not get, hardly an argument



    If you mean the folklore of Momotaro, itīs like one of the most famous tales in Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    No, they're based on Momotaro's tale which belongs to Japanese folklore. Fujitora and Ryokugyuu aswell
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_76
    Also the only four beasts which guard a direction in chinese mythology that I know of are a white tiger, a black turtle, a red bird and a blue dragon.
    http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ssu-ling.shtml
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_S...constellation)
    Not a red dog a blue bird a yellow monkey and a white dragon that's just wrong
    After being fact checked by akagami7, I guess that is what I "mean," MiyamotoMusashi!

    Woops :P Argument rescinded!

  19. #59

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Impel Down - Danteīs Divine Comedy
    Alabasta - Egyptian mythology with Anubis and Horus as inspiration for Chaka and Pell
    Boa sisters - Gorgon and Medusa
    Klaubautermann is a German folklore
    Shandora - El Dorado


    Just off the top of my head, i surely did not know anything about these as a 12 year old. There is actually a lot more stuff you find out comes from different mythologies, whether itīs Greek, Hinduistic or whatnot. And remember, i never said that everything is hard to get, the fact that Japanese adolescents would know about Buddha, the Monkey King or Dragons is hardly surprising, but those are the really obvious ones.
    I think there was a thread around here that compiled the mythological inspirations but the search option fails me sometimes.

    Ah found it: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=36777
    I can tell you that those legends are part of pop culture except for the Klabautermann. Anubis and Medusa are some of the most well-known Egyptian/Greek mythological figures. El Dorado is up there with Atlantis in terms of popular mythological places. They're hardly obscure.

    Sure, a 12-year old might not know about those, but I'm sure they eventually will hear about it thanks to all the media that depict them in some form. Can't say the same about the Typhon, which from what I can see appears to be some kind of dragon, which is already mythological to begin with.

    Just saying that it might be safer to bet on creatures that are woldwidely well-known (Cerberus, Dragon, Unicorn) or popular in Eastern media (Buddha, Monkey King, Moon Rabbit). Or as you said, the really obvious ones.

    After all, this is the case of all the Zoans we've seen so far. You've got Leopards, Giraffes, Wolves, Elephants... none of them obscure except maybe for the Axolotl.
    Last edited by King Cannon; August 9th, 2015 at 11:01 AM.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I can tell you that all of those legends are part of pop culture except for the Klabautermann. Anubis and Medusa are some of the most well-known Egyptian/Greek mythological figures. El Dorado is up there with Atlantis in terms of popular mythological places. They're hardly obscure.

    Sure, a 12-year old might not know about those, but it's a sure a bit he will learn it thanks to all the media that depict them in some form. Can't say the same about the Typhon, which from what I can see appears to be some kind of dragon, which is already mythological to begin with.

    Just saying that it might be safer to bet on creatures that are woldwidely well-known (Cerberus, Dragon, Unicorn) or popular in Eastern media (Buddha, Monkey King, Moon Rabbit).
    I never spoke about the Typhon, i simply answered the claim "itīs targeted at 12 year olds, so no mythological concepts besides famous ones can be used". Heck, i can not think of any popular piece of medium that featured Dharmic deities or Hinduistic phrases for example, so the argument hardly holds up. There is Kaidu who is supposed to have had 2 dinosaurs serving him if we can believe Marco Polo (lol) while Kaido already has one of them for example, the SHs getting swallowed by Laboon comes from a Hebrew myth and so on. The link above actually provided tons of examples that are not really part of pop culture.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts