+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

Default Re: Theory : Kaido has a Dragon Devil Fruit

Might as well throw in my 2 cents.

Let's not forget a kaido is a long winding road. After doing a little research I've come to find the kaido has often been given the features of dragon.

What came to my mind was this.

As far as the 8 headed dragon beast, I sure hope that comes to be!

I'm interesting in seeing the first person who is majorly disappointed that Oda is way too predictable and never surprises us any more.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Spoiler:

this picture seems like a clash between a samurai and the dragon, is this clash part of the folklore? or is it just a painting? this could be more evidence in the direction of the war between samurais and dragons (kaido?).

i cant help to remember that zoro has a sword from an ancient wano samurai... i think he will have a more protagonist role in this next arc

Thi theory seems plausible. What if Kaido is a dragon that ate the human zoan fruit model giant? And maybe Kaido hates samurais because time ago a samurai (Ryuma) killed his father (a dragon).

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Very well written and illustrated theory. Whether he's a regular one-headed dragon or not, I still think Oda will have some kind of surprise up his sleeve.

Far out theory but... perhaps Kaido has been after Kinemon for a long time as he knows a technique (or something) that can finally kill Kaido. This is however until Luffy gives Kaido a reason live, through strength of character, reason, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Some people on 2ch say there is a kanji (八) on Kaido's (probably) pirate flag. It means "eight"
    It looks more like ハ rather than 八 if you ask me, though...though typed out I was never clear to me why the kanji for hachi looks like that...
    though if it is just ha it'd make no sense
    or it could mean nothing at all
    eh whatever.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

What I question about a dragon fruit, and him having a fruit in general, is what would prevent him from drowning. If he's an anchor, what is it about being a dragon that makes it so simply being dropped in the middle of the ocean doesn't neutralize and drown him.

Thank you guys for your support and appreciation of my theory. I have read each and every one of your posts in this thread and the latest chapter thread. I would have liked to show my gratitude individually to each one of you if it wasn’t for the fact that such act would be spammy. We have be considerate of others if we wish to find them considerate of us. Once again, thank you very much. You guys are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    Hi Guys, this theory was posted in the latest chapter thread by Australopithecus.

Being a fledgling member of the forum, he doesn't yet have the ability to create new threads, but requested that I do so for him.

It's a very good theory, parts of which are similar to things that have been already been speculated about on the board, as well as some other interesting speculations.

It ties together a lot of separate theories and fashions an easy to follow narrative involving Kaido, Dragons, Wano and the Samurais of the One Piece World.

On top of that, it's very well layed out and succinct, and as such it really does deserve it's own thread.
    Dear Rob, what could we do without you? You are a blessing to us.

Quote Originally Posted by RODY View Post
    My friend, I want to first shake your hand and second give you a cold beer. The theory, even if it turns out not to be true, is great. U put the puzzle pieces together sherlock holmes style. I can totally see oda pulling something like this off.
    *shakes your hand* :D

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    The dragon thing sound reasonable but i actually had a different idea after seeing him:

First time i have seen Kaido, i did not think of dragon (though granted, the moustache points in that direction) but Oni with horns and stuff which are also supposed to be invincible, the image of an Oni carrying iron clubs called kanabō leads to the expression "oni with an iron club" (鬼に金棒 oni-ni-kanabō?), that is, to be invincible or undefeatable. So something like mythical Hito Hito no Mi: Oni could be possible.
    That would also go well with the fact that Momonosuke (Momotaro) left with 3 Samurai (companions) to defeat the Oni, the companions, as you probably know, are the inspiration for the 3 Admirals before the timeskip.

Just a few thoughts
    Thank you for sharing such wonderful thoughts with us.

I went to Wikipedia and read about the oni, and I found out that they mean devils, trolls, ogres, and demons. These are usually depicted with horns in Japanese culture; therefore, I do agree with you that his gigantic form and his horns are prominent features of oni; however, I do not think that ‘oni’ is his devil fruit ability.

Devil fruits are normally power-ups. When Kaido jumped from the sky island, he was in his ‘oni’ form. Activating such form before both jumping up from the sky island and making impact against the ground will increase his chances of survival tremendously. Now, what kind of person tries to kill himself while shielding himself from death? It is like trying to slit your wrist with a plastic knife.

Quote Originally Posted by enkidude View Post
    Greg first laid this theory out on OPP 793, give it a listen, he talks extensively about it,and more
    It would be very nice if you could link us to such post.

This is one of the better theories I've read. I'm often demanding of theories, favoring deductive certainty over inductive likelihood.

But this theory has a lot that is crystal clear - a lot that strikes me as just plain correct - and the parts that aren't certain/are more interpretative still seem well thought out, coherent, and even plausible.

There's no guarantee or certainty that you're right, but - so far - I'm as convinced as I'll probably ever be by a OP theory (and that's not to be ironic; I'm actually pretty darn convinced!).

Great job here.

But I thought Dragon has the dragon did? lol

No seriously sounds interesting and could be. But an own thread for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Forestry View Post
    this picture seems like a clash between a samurai and the dragon, is this clash part of the folklore? or is it just a painting? this could be more evidence in the direction of the war between samurais and dragons (kaido?).

i cant help to remember that zoro has a sword from an ancient wano samurai... i think he will have a more protagonist role in this next arc
    This drawing seems to depict the fight between Yamata no Orochi and Susanoo, the Shinto god of storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    But I thought Dragon has the dragon did? lol

No seriously sounds interesting and could be. But an own thread for this?
    It would be really cliche to have someone named Dragon eat the dragon fruit. There's a theory that he ate the storm\wind fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaruh View Post
    This drawing seems to depict the fight between Yamata no Orochi and Susanoo, the Shinto god of storm.

It would be really cliche to have someone named Dragon eat the dragon fruit. There's a theory that he ate the storm\wind fruit.
    Just as obvious as Akainu having the magma fruit maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Just as obvious as Akainu having the magma fruit maybe?
    How so? I had no idea what his ability was until I saw it.. because of the aka part? there are plenty of red things lol.

Holy shit at both of you. I have been sarcastic. But to Akainu. It was obvious that he had the magma df and most people predicted it.

Same as it is obvious for Dragon. Now waiting for the obligatory Oda is unpredictable and anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Holy shit at both of you. I have been sarcastic. But to Akainu. It was obvious that he had the magma df and most people predicted it.

Same as it is obvious for Dragon. Now waiting for the obligatory Oda is unpredictable and anything can happen
    Not gonna say he's unpredictable, since people are predicting what's going to happen all the time, but I also don't see why it's so "obvious". Even if we assume that Akainu's ability was "obvious", his epithet was given to him AFTER he gained that ability, so it's related to his ability just like with Aokiji and Kizaru.
    If anything, Dragon's name is related to Sabo's fighting style which was in most likelihood taught by him, but there's no reason for someone to eat a certain fruit just because he was given a matching name by his parents.

We know about red dog aka Akainu ever since th SHs met Aokiji for the first time. There it started. After Kizaru has been confirmed to be logia as well everyone bar some people said he will have a magma df to fit the epithet and theme of the other 2

Dragon is another case. There it is about him showing 2 times up and twice it is about wind and storms. Further more it it fits the theme of revolutionary. You know wind of change and such. Even more now with Sabo being fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaruh View Post
    Oriental dragon has the ability to summon thunderstorm. a mystical zoan will be cooler than having a storm fruit.

they are also many oriental mystical beasts that fall into kaido's kind of looking. even dragons has several species too.

the ballons under the sky island may be a sign of him don't have airborne ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    It would be very nice if you could link us to such post.
    http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/08/0...s-fly-a-kaido/
    HEAVY VOODOO-PANTHER SALVO!

Karam, from another forum, argued and I quote:

’If in fact his toughness is because of his DF, then the kairoseki chains would have negated them and he would have died at the time. ‘
    So I wanted to shed some light on this issue before I proceed to my next argumentation.

When Luffy was at the bottom of Arlong Park’s swimming pool with his feet manacled by a rock, his body didn’t whatsoever lose its stretching ability, but was merely incapacitated by water.

When Momo (in his Dragon form) and Brook were swept away by that deluge of water from the ‘eruption rain’, Momo was incapacitated by water but did NOT lose his Dragon form.

Therefore, I conclude that since ‘Sea Stone’ holds the same incapacitating power as water, Kaido’s dragon shape will remain intact even while manacled by Sea Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    What I question about a dragon fruit, and him having a fruit in general, is what would prevent him from drowning. If he's an anchor, what is it about being a dragon that makes it so simply being dropped in the middle of the ocean doesn't neutralize and drown him.

Perhaps that’s because he prefers more violent and unique methods of suicide, which have never been experienced before. It was shown to us that Kaido executes unique suicidal methods that you don’t see every day. It could be that he tried water-suicide methods in the past but his crew members or some other folks saved his life.

The whole suicide shebang is a comedy, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he had such fortunate luck of suicide survival added to his sturdy body structure in order to keep the suicide comedy alive.

Perhaps his devil-fruit ability provides him with some sort of inherent protection from water.
    I searched Wikipedia about Chinese dragons (and that’s just for starters) and found out that they are depicted not only as celestial entities but also as water entities.

Thanks! :D

That's a really good theory !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information