Closed Thread
Page 606 of 667 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 604 605 606 607 608 616 656 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 13330

Thread: Indecision 2016 - In Soviet Russia, we elect american president!

Default Re: Indecision 2016 - Can we get a do-over?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    The fairest way to do things would be to split the electoral votes on a percentage basis rather than winner-take-all. Everyone's vote is worth more that way and you'll start to see candidates campaign in more than a handful of states.
    (Not responding to this post in particular, just quoting for attention).

Louis, I didn't see you address the point I raised last time this came up (nor have I seen you address it this latest time, although I apologize if I've missed it). The core premise underlying all your arguments on this subject is that each state should get an equal, or at least a 'fair' (putting aside how one would define that) say in the election of the president. Put simply, my question to you is: why do you believe this is the fair basis, rather than each *person* having an equal say? The two are, as I think has been very well demonstrated by now, mutually exclusive (unless you define a state having a fair share as being directly proportional to its population, which you very clearly are not).

You keep going in circles with everyone over the system needing to not deprive smaller states of having their say, but without doing anything to defend the axiom on which you build that argument, you're not actually doing anything to convince anyone. Which is fine, if you just like being argumentative for the sake of it, but if you actually have some intention of having honest, healthy debate, then you really do need to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Prove to me that Bannon is a literal Nazi.
    Why are you so invested in pretending that Bannon isn't a legitimately awful person with a long track record of white supremacist statements?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Why are you so invested in pretending that Bannon isn't a legitimately awful person with a long track record of white supremacist statements?
    I'm not, but I am invested in preventing the people screaming THE SKY IS FALLING AND IT WAS NAZIS from panicking everyone without cause. Based on his statements, it's difficult to say what Bannon believes, similar to how the Republican Party has continually catered to racists because of the mistaken belief that most of their supporters are racist klan members.

In the real world, Trump is already moving to disenfranchise Muslims, and obsessing over Nazi conspiracy theories with little or no evidence isn't going to help make things right.

Just an innocent question the movement that Bannon helped shape and become mainstream is asking and is in no way related to nazism.

I spent about 30 minutes writing a long detailed quasi rant about why it's disappointing so many people are willimg to look past Trump and his cabinet of shit bags.

But I'm too drained. It's not something minorities can fix. Because a white supremacist is only going to be pushed back into the darkness by white people publicly rejecting them at every step.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Just an innocent question the movement that Bannon helped shape and become mainstream is asking and is in no way related to nazism.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx0TYO0WEAAZI7C.jpg
    As I said earlier, Bannon doesn't seem to actually know what the alt-right is. The original white supremacist group obviously hates Jews, but the term has been expanded greatly by various media outlets who use it to describe almost all young Trump supporters.

Do you really believe that the Trump administration is going to start killing Jews? Why do you believe this "issue" deserves more attention than the frightening measures he's planning to implement against Muslims?

I'm not, but I am invested in preventing the people screaming THE SKY IS FALLING AND IT WAS NAZIS from panicking everyone without cause. Based on his statements, it's difficult to say what Bannon believes, similar to how the Republican Party has continually catered to racists because of the mistaken belief that most of their supporters are racist klan members.

In the real world, Trump is already moving to disenfranchise Muslims, and obsessing over Nazi conspiracy theories with little or no evidence isn't going to help make things right.
    Trying to figure this out. ...Is it a semantics issue for you? Like again, with the alt-right label? The man literally espouses Nazi ideology and runs a hate-based media empire. Neo-Nazis and the KKK are cheering with joy about his appointment. That didn't happen with Bush's milquetoast [in retrospect] appointees. All of that remains true whether or not the man shaves his head and dresses like Edward Norton in American History X.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I spent about 30 minutes writing a long detailed quasi rant about why it's disappointing so many people are willimg to look past Trump and his cabinet of shit bags.

But I'm too drained. It's not something minorities can fix. Because a white supremacist is only going to be pushed back into the darkness by white people publicly rejecting them at every step.
    I'm so sorry.

I promise, we're trying. You are not alone.

As I said earlier, Bannon doesn't seem to actually know what the alt-right is.
    What the fuck.

Do you really believe that the Trump administration is going to start killing Jews?
    People in this thread: "These guys are dangerous"
    You: "HOLY SHIT CALM DOWN THEY ARE NOT GOING TO KILL PEOPLE WE DONT EVEN KNOW IF THEY ARE RACIST GIVE THEM A CHANCE ALRIGHT

Why do you believe this "issue" deserves more attention than the frightening measures he's planning to implement against Muslims

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my distaste for that plenty of times. You're the one who's been defending these people for months with your pedantic devil's advocate shit lol.

What the fuck.

People in this thread: "These guys are dangerous"
    You: "HOLY SHIT CALM DOWN THEY ARE NOT GOING TO KILL PEOPLE WE DONT EVEN KNOW IF THEY ARE RACIST GIVE THEM A CHANCE ALRIGHT
    No, the people in the thread said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    We have literal

-no hyperbole or exaggeration-

literal NAZIS and KKK taking head positions in the white house and actually quoting Hitler, in a non-ironic totally positive way.

HOW? WHY IS THIS NOT BEING STOPPED?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx0TYO0WEAAZI7C.jpg
    I said "do you have any proof that he's a white supremacist?" numerous times. No proof emerged, aside from him saying really dumb things like "most of the alt-right aren't white supremacists."

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my distaste for that plenty of times. You're the one who's been defending these people for months with your pedantic devil's advocate shit lol.
    I believe that judging large groups of people without evidence by saying things like "all Trump supporters are white supremacists" is wrong, and I've stated that for at least a few weeks, yes. I did not defend Bannon in any way, all I did was ask (over and over) if there was evidence that he was a white supremacist.

You need to calm down and realize that you're abandoning the real people Trump can and probably will hurt by focusing on Nazi conspiracy theories over stated policy decisions.

Tila Tequila is an idiot. I think she forgot she's not white.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ute/?tid=sm_fb

It's not a conspiracy to label someone innocent Robo. People have repeatedly linked articles about alt-right and this guy. Also he's amazingly sexist. There's plenty of articles about that too
    But whatever.

No see if they're not wearing Hugo Boss uniforms, red arm bands, and caps with skulls on them, they totally aren't Nazis!

Hidden:

Hang in there <3 Know that you have supporters everywhere.
    Hidden:

Maybe the alt-right is a more inclusive bunch of hate-mongerers than traditional nazis.

Heck even Hitler himself wasn't above giving passes to people he nominally hated but had use for. The judgement on who's in and who's not just keeps on slipping. Kind of like the mafia, first you had to be full-blooded Italian, then Italian descended on both parents, now at least come with an Italian last name three generations back and you are okay. Even the supremacists get rubbed off on by the feel of the age they are in i reckon, whether they like it or not.

Isn't alt-right just the politically correct term for white supremacy?
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Or a re-branding, like new coke. The same, but different

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Trying to figure this out. ...Is it a semantics issue for you? Like again, with the alt-right label? The man literally espouses Nazi ideology and runs a hate-based media empire. Neo-Nazis and the KKK are cheering with joy about his appointment. That didn't happen with Bush's milquetoast [in retrospect] appointees. All of that remains true whether or not the man shaves his head and dresses like Edward Norton in American History X.
    It's a facts and perspective issue for me. The fact that a few more people showed up to the annual white supremacist convention in Washington DC is concerning, but not proof of a massive Trump-led Nazi conspiracy. What it does prove is that the 140 or so attendees under age 40 are choosing a white supremacist fear movement over reason and logic, and the widespread media coverage this extremely small event is getting is a huge problem.

Sakanolosolo referenced this movie quote that may help explain the rise in attendees:
    The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.
    These young people have turned their back on our society, probably because society turned its back on them. Trump has no reason to kowtow to such a tiny, insignificant and widely loathed group, so he won't. I don't know if those 275 people can ever be saved, but young people will stop joining them if our society stops telling them how evil they are for being white men who voted for Trump.

Well if trump insists that it should be called "radical Islamic terrorism" then don't you guys have the same right to say white supremacy instead of alt-right?
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Yes. It's very deliberate on their part. It's an effort to normalize themselves and get the media to feel okay talking about them, like the LA Times article posted earlier today whose tone was remarkably...okay? Or at least measured? with this happening in this country, in 2016. Instead of absolute, no holds barred condemnation, which it should have been.

Trump has no reason to kowtow to such a tiny, insignificant and widely loathed group, so he won't. I don't know if those 275 people can ever be saved, but young people will stop joining them if our society stops telling them how evil they are for being white men who voted for Trump.
    Good thing to know you're so hopeful. We're not. Let's check back in this time next year? I sure hope you're right.

And that logic is...bizarre. They are not getting worse because we're telling them they're bad. It's a given that our society doesn't accept literal neo-nazism. They're not 12-year olds susceptible to goofy reverse psychology. They're grown-ass adults who choose to hate.

Your efforts to pretend everything's okay are just baffling.
    Last edited by CCC; November 21st, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

It's not a conspiracy to label someone innocent Robo. People have repeatedly linked articles about alt-right and this guy. Also he's amazingly sexist. There's plenty of articles about that too
    But whatever.
    Yes, and I've stated that I'm aware of his racist and sexist statements. People aren't going to believe you if those factual statements are mixed in with baseless claims that he's a Nazi, which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Imagine an election where John Roberts didn't gut the Voting Rights Act.
    Or a world where Republicans took their loss in 2008 like men instead of bitter pussies who engage in various forms of ratfucking....oh and Assange got hit by a bus.

It's curious he thinks democrats need to move away from "identity politics" even as Republicans keep sowing distrust of Muslims & Minorities......and winning elections because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Closed Thread

Thread Information