Closed Thread
Page 574 of 667 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 576 584 624 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 13330

Thread: Indecision 2016 - In Soviet Russia, we elect american president!

Default Re: Indecision 2016 - Can we get a do-over?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Alt-right is a term made up by the left to label people on the right that they disagree with.
    The Alt-right does actually exist, it's just a very small group. People do overuse the term though, similar to how SJW is used inaccurately to criticize anyone on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Great idea to let the inmates cook together. I mean letting them work in certain areas isn't new or anything, but this looks like a really intimate environment where people can learn to live with each other.

That would be the same prison that is shown in those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Want this thread to become people sharing the shit they've put up with so far? What they've seen? Their genuine concern for the near future? Maybe that's what you need. Some actual sense that no, in fact this isn't just a big empty slap fight between reddit and tumblr people.
    So, last year at some point I broke a tooth. It didn't start hurting right away, so I thought I'd dodged a bullet, but... yeah, pretty quick it started hurting real bad.

I had just started a new job, and didn't have health insurance because the way it works at my job, when they hire you, you're a contractor at first for 6 months to a year before they then hire you on as a Full Employee if they like your performance, so naturally Benefits are slim to none for Contractors. So, I couldn't afford to get it fixed.

I basically just dealt with it as best I can. tons of extra strength Orijel, Ibuprofen etc, but it still wasn't quite enough. I'd have to call out of work sometimes the pain was so bad, I got in trouble for my attendance.

I finally broke down and paid a dentist >$300 to just yank it, but it turns out it's not the only problem tooth. There are a few others that either broke or had a filling fall out or have the start of a cavity forming, They already hurt from time to time. Thankfully, it's not yet at the debilitating point the broken one was, but it wouldn't take much more damage to push them there... meaning I'm really close to having this happen again.

It's less important, but I also got into a car accident ~4 years ago, and I have severe joint pain in both knees and my left shoulder as a result. It's gotten progressively worse to the point that I sometimes have issues walking. Luckily my job is Sit-down so I haven't had to miss any work over it, but it isn't exaclty nice feeling. I would very much like to have this looked and and potentially fixed.

Flash forward to a month ago. Through a ton of hard work and dilligence, I got myself promoted to a full employee. Naturally, Healthcare doesn't kick in right away, but I have a date now. January 10th.
    I'm finally THIS close to having my teeth fixed and this nightmare of pain and fear of pain fixed.

But oh wait.

They're getting rid of Obamacare....

I'm transgender, so you know what that means?

PREEXISTING CONDITION!!!! No more Health Insurance for me!

I'm gonna just have to get used to perpetual pain.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    http://static.neatorama.com/images/2...or-inmates.jpg

In the US they'd have killed a guard and escaped, forcing the state to spend millions tracking them down. Maybe Norway has the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I think it highlights the fact that we focus way too much on the racist actions of individuals and not nearly enough on voting rights.
    The irony though is restricting voting rights to an extent has to do with racism even if the people insisting upon fixing a system that's not broken won't openly admit it.

The Democrats can't help women and minorities if the system is permanently rigged against them.

47%: B-B-B-B But the system being rigged isn' one of the reasons why certain states were close and why Hillary lost. She lost because she didn't earn my vote and colluded with the DNC to screw Bernie in the primaries.

Is that such a bad thing? If Trump is constantly fighting with the military he'll be more likely to cut their funding.
    ......Lol Republicans and Neocons aren't going to let him do that.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; November 15th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

A person completely unrelated to the deceased, through the credible news medium of facebook posts, uses idiots shutting down roads to attack a symbol other people are using to protect and respect other people's lives and livelihood. A symbol concerning people's lives and livelihood being given some modicum of protection because of thugs and scumbags who are deliberately attempting harm.
    Yeah we get it Louis, from the get go you don't have the slightest skin in the game of what's going on aside from you imagined status as a business owner gunned for by democrats because you sell anime figurines out of your apartment.
    But maybe when your literal family and way of life is on the line because of this bullshit, you won't think a safety pin is just some liberal status symbol for carepoints.

You want that? Want this thread to become people sharing the shit they've put up with so far? What they've seen? Their genuine concern for the near future? Maybe that's what you need. Some actual sense that no, in fact this isn't just a big empty slap fight between reddit and tumblr people.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm sorry we don't use that word anymore. That's banker hollywood talk.
    Where do you get this stuff from?

Thanks for your concern, but I'm certain I'll manage to be just fine no matter who our President is.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King
    Yeah we get it Louis, from the get go you don't have the slightest skin in the game of what's going on
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Thanks for your concern, but I'm certain I'll manage to be just fine no matter who our President is.
    Not to get dragged into this myself, but isn't this sentiment reflecting precisely the accusation Monkey leveled against you?

That's exactly my point lol.
    I.... just lol really. I have nothing else to add. This was the ideal response to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Alt-right is a term made up by the left to label people on the right that they disagree with.
    Sorry, but no.

HOW DID THE TERM ALT RIGHT ORIGINATE?

White supremacist Richard Spencer, who runs the National Policy Institute, a tiny white supremacist think tank, coined the term “Alternative Right” as the name for an online publication that debuted in 2010. The online publication changed hands in 2013 when Spencer shut it down. It was soon re-launched by Colin Liddell and Andy Nowicki, who were former writers for Alternative Right. Spencer went on to found another online journal, Radix. Both Alternative Right and Radix act as forums for racists, anti-Semites and others who identify with the Alt Right.

The term “Alt Right” is not the only term used to describe this movement. Some of its adherents use other, similar phrases, such as the “New Right” and the “Dissident Right.” They all refer to the same race-infused brand of extreme conservatism.
    "Alt Right" was created BY the people who holed these beliefs to create a more legitimate looking word to help them be taken more seriously, since most people immediately tune you out if you identify as a "White Supremacist" or "White Nationalist"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I bet Sakonosolo was also a fervent Gamergate supporter.

The Alt-right does actually exist, it's just a very small group. People do overuse the term though, similar to how SJW is used inaccurately to criticize anyone on the left.
    It's just a very small group, yet one of their founders is in the White House. And the online indoctrination of young men into this poisonous ideology is a serious issue.

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2...or-inmates.jpg

This is... almost tear-jerking.

As for the topic, seems we Germans don't think too highly of your future president

Red = Bad opinion
    Blue = Good opinon

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/w...-14529588.html

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    So, last year at some point I broke a tooth. It didn't start hurting right away, so I thought I'd dodged a bullet, but... yeah, pretty quick it started hurting real bad.

I had just started a new job, and didn't have health insurance because the way it works at my job, when they hire you, you're a contractor at first for 6 months to a year before they then hire you on as a Full Employee if they like your performance, so naturally Benefits are slim to none for Contractors. So, I couldn't afford to get it fixed.

I basically just dealt with it as best I can. tons of extra strength Orijel, Ibuprofen etc, but it still wasn't quite enough. I'd have to call out of work sometimes the pain was so bad, I got in trouble for my attendance.

I finally broke down and paid a dentist >$300 to just yank it, but it turns out it's not the only problem tooth. There are a few others that either broke or had a filling fall out or have the start of a cavity forming, They already hurt from time to time. Thankfully, it's not yet at the debilitating point the broken one was, but it wouldn't take much more damage to push them there... meaning I'm really close to having this happen again.

It's less important, but I also got into a car accident ~4 years ago, and I have severe joint pain in both knees and my left shoulder as a result. It's gotten progressively worse to the point that I sometimes have issues walking. Luckily my job is Sit-down so I haven't had to miss any work over it, but it isn't exaclty nice feeling. I would very much like to have this looked and and potentially fixed.

Flash forward to a month ago. Through a ton of hard work and dilligence, I got myself promoted to a full employee. Naturally, Healthcare doesn't kick in right away, but I have a date now. January 10th.
    I'm finally THIS close to having my teeth fixed and this nightmare of pain and fear of pain fixed.

But oh wait.

They're getting rid of Obamacare....

I'm transgender, so you know what that means?

PREEXISTING CONDITION!!!! No more Health Insurance for me!

I'm gonna just have to get used to perpetual pain.
    I've had similar issues with teeth, so you have my sympathy. Be sure to floss whenever you have pain, it helps. Also, you may have better luck using cheap alcohol from a liquor store over mouthwash; mouthwashes such as Listerine contain a ton of salt, which can irritate your tooth.

My story involves a car accident and chronic neck pain/stiffness that causes tinnitus and passing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I bet Sakonosolo was also a fervent Gamergate supporter.
    Please don't reflexively accuse people of being members of a group that you disagree with.

Why would you even want to bring up a dead movement that you oppose? I'd understand if they were still active... but so many people have had such bitter fights over it, aren't we all just better off not bringing it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It's just a very small group, yet one of their founders is in the White House. And the online indoctrination of young men into this poisonous ideology is a serious issue.
    That does concern me. Although... why just men? I know more women than men who read Breitbart.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; November 15th, 2016 at 03:42 PM.

That's exactly my point lol.
    I.... just lol really. I have nothing else to add. This was the ideal response to my post.
    And my point is, is that as someone who lives in a state that went to Trump in a county that leaned Trump, I choose in spite of that to not have a victim mentality or pessimistic worldview. Not everything is as doom and gloom as you think it is.

I am a solidly upper middle class straight white male who is also choosing not to have a victim mentality of pessimistic worldview. I hope the thread can appreciate the bravery and strength of character displayed by Louis and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    This is... almost tear-jerking.

As for the topic, seems we Germans don't think too highly of your future president

Red = Bad opinion
    Blue = Good opinon

http://media0.faz.net/ppmedia/aktuel...gsbild-von.jpg
    http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/w...-14529588.html
    Germans really liked Nixon huh. That sounds a little suprising.

But i dunno if popular culture has just irrationally made me associate him with suck lol.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    I am a solidly upper middle class straight white male who is also choosing not to have a victim mentality of pessimistic worldview. I hope the thread can appreciate the bravery and strength of character displayed by Louis and myself.
    Hang in there bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    You think I'm an upper middle class straight white male? Funniest thing I've heard all day!

But i dunno if popular culture has just irrationally made me associate him with suck lol.
    I thought pop culture put more of an emphasis on that propeller-like noise his face makes when it shakes side to side?
    That's all I remember about his Futurama portrayal anyways.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

People would be less pessimistic about things if the agenda of Republicans and Trump didn't look so damn bleak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    People would be less pessimistic about things if the agenda of Republicans and Trump didn't look so damn bleak.
    It's really hard to pin much of an agenda on Trump himself, he changes his mind constantly and lies about it. The people he's hiring are all hardcore conservatives though.

You think I'm an upper middle class straight white male? Funniest thing I've heard all day!
    People tend to assume that if you show any sympathy towards the right nowadays.

No. I said that I am. I know absolutely nothing about you, much like you, presumably, know nothing about the vast majority of the people posting in this thread. Everyone has their own circumstances, and to come across, intentionally or not, as having some sort of holier-than-thou attitude about your outlook on life fails miserably to account for that very basic fact. Things like this are the building blocks of sympathy, if not empathy, and the fact that you so casually come across without them is troubling, at the very least.

Closed Thread

Thread Information