+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AP Gaming Streams~!

Default AP Gaming Streams~!

This is super overdue.

Basically, it has become clear at this point that there's a variety of regulars here who have gotten into streaming of one form or another, and rather than have us posting all over the place how we intend to stream this or that, it might be handy to have a specific place for that information to reside.
    That way maybe anytime you're bored you can come by here and see if your fellow APer is playing something you might enjoy watching, or maybe you just want to see them salt and slog their way through games you love and enjoy. It's a good way of fostering the gaming community we have here, and in some cases a good way to have some classic schaudenfraude fun at their expense. Huzzah!

I'll go ahead and list here, by alphabetical order, people who frequent this site and who stream on a somewhat regular basis. If you want me to add your info here or update it, feel free to ask me or wagomu and we can have that updated. Note also I'm only adding the info of people who have given permission for us to share their info here. I know there's more than the ones I'm currently adding but I'm waiting for their permission/consent to include their info below.

In the meantime, enjoy!
    ========================================

Foolio

Stream link: www.twitch.tv/egheadfool
    Content type: Primarily PS4 stuff, random emulation, completionist runs, speed run
    Past Streams: Resident Evil Remake, Bloodborne, Ori, Journey, Secret of Monkey Island
    Currently streaming: Life is Strange
    Upcoming content: Resident Evil 0 HD (when it releases), Dreamfall Chapters (when it fully releases), Other stuff (???)

Galaxy9000
    Stream link: www.twitch.tv/galaxy9000
    Content Type: Very salty
    Past Streams: Sonic Adventure 2, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Crash Bandicoot Warped, others
    Currently streaming: ----------
    Upcoming content: Nothing planned for now (Suggestions being taken)

Hekti
    YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw
    Content Type:
    Pokémon Let's Plays and Videos
    Past LP's: Pokémon Blue Nuzlocke (German, LQ), Pokémon Gold Randomized Nuzlocke (German,LQ)
    Current content: Pokémon Omicron Nuzlocke Challenge (English, one Episode every Monday, Wednesday, Friday); Shiny Pokémon Evolutions (whenever I catch a shiny and evolve it lol)
    Upcoming content: Planning on trying the Pokémon TCGO one day

Hiroy
    Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/akimaye
    Content Type: Bright and colorful games that range between hard, overly cute, or has actual depth.
    Past Streams: I drew/colored stuff. La-Mulana. Crimzon Clover. Momodora 4
    Currently streaming: Castle in the Darkness, Dark Souls 3 (random nights after 9pm)
    Upcoming content: (these are "might do") Yoshi's Island, Momodora 4 again, maybe Kirby games(blind. never played any besides the VERY first one), Megaman Unlimited

KaizokuJinbei
    Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/ryuunaga
    Content Type: Variety of games via emulator, Steam, and PS4
    Past Streams: Pillars of Eternity, Fallout 2, Fallout 3
    Currently streaming: ----------
    Upcoming content: "No real current or upcoming stream I usually just play something different each time usually depends on what I feel like playing sometimes I'll let viewers decide for me."

Nobodyman
    Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyman9/
    Content Type: Nothing in particular. But if I do continue, it'll probably be just PC games for a while.
    Past Streams: Secret of Monkey Island
    Currently streaming: Secret of Monkey Island
    Upcoming content: Nothing Planned

Noqanky
    Stream link: www.twitch.tv/nephy4
    Content Type: Primarily Nintendo stuff (console and emulation), platformers, PS1, maybe smash/splatoon?
    Past Streams: Paper Mario, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Metroid Fusion, Pac-Man World
    Current content: Ape Escape (Friday, Sunday, Wednesday, ~8:45pm-10:45pm PDT)
    Upcoming content: Tai-Fu: Wrath of the Tiger, 24-Hour Mother 3 marathon

Wagomu
    Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/gaberaham_lincoln/
    Content Type:
    Blind runs of visual novels and junk, chillstreams with The Binding of Isaac, occasional weirdo streams
    Past Streams: Shovel Knight, Psychonauts, Teslagrad, Dangan Ronpa 1/2, Katawa Shoujo
    Current content: Mon-Fri 12:00-2:30AM EST, M, W: Katawa Shoujo, T, R: Ghost Trick, F: Anything goes
    Upcoming content: More Katawa Shoujo, Ghost Trick, Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, VA-11 HALL-A

============================================

Again, if you want me to add your stream to the list above, let me or Wagomu know and when we have time/feel like it we'll go ahead and add it. Naturally, if you happen to join the site and your first post is literally asking us to highlight your stream, we probably won't feel like it as we want to highlight people part of this community first and foremost. Please Understand. Kthx bai!
    Last edited by Wagomu; June 15th, 2016 at 08:31 AM.

Default Re: AP Gaming Streams~!

Galaxy's streams in one gif:

Of note: Wagomu is currently streaming Isaac runs while saying weird stuff and playing metal.

We've been starting these streams kind of spontaneously over #APSmash, so it's worth checking that out if anyone's interested.

I've been streaming most nights from 1AM-3AM. I might make that a consistent schedule and post here when I'm not doing it. Currently, though, I'm mostly doing practice runs for the Balls of Steel races, which are now going on weekly. They're a lot of fun. Essentially, people try to get to the end of the game as quickly as possible against each other, which involves some heavy RNG, but mostly a lot of quick decision-making when encountering new random situations. I don't know what criteria they use for selection, and I didn't apply for this week's, since I'm not going to be there for them, but I'm just trying to get down strats and beat in some consistency.

Tonight I managed to get two 18 minute runs back to back, which I felt happy about, but I didn't factor in resets, which I still need to do. I need a timer app or plugin I can use with OBS, since the ingame timer isn't an accurate representation of the actual race times.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Oh boy, I get to see my fav APers rage quit! play some games. I might check you guys out now. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    Galaxy's streams in one gif:

Oh boy I get to see-

wait Galaxy??? He strikes me as a very calm and evened gamer, that would just go "ah....that happened I guess" when something salty happens.

Meta, my man, you don't even know. Galaxy salts so much, he should have his own brand of it. :D

Check out some of his archived streams and see for yourself. All of the ones mentioned in past streams are teeming with an overdose of sodium, except Crash, which went pretty well, compared to the other ones.

It's too bad Wags doesn't archive his stuff, because his Teslagrad run was pretty salty, especially when he faced the final two bosses. It quickly went from saltcasm to genuine salt. Anyway, you can't go wrong with anyone mentioned in the first post; they're all amusing to watch. Purps should probably be added soon, since he streamed Beyond Good and Evil for Retro Month, and it was a smorgasbord of salt and just general bumbling around. Apparently he's going to stream Fallout this month, and it's a blind run, so you know it's going to be good (I know, anyway).

Here I thought I raged a lot.

Oh man he's playing Sonic Adventure 2?

Galaxy stop now, the frustration is not worth it. Some of the emblems......no man should be forced to play the likes of Mad Space or Death Chamber.

He played it already, and it was a roller coaster of salt. Not sure how long twitch saves the recordings for, though, so who knows if the SA2 ones are still available. If they are, definitely check them out for some quality entertainment.

I plan to check out all of the above just to see how bad I am compared to them

Please tell me one of you guys make puns.

Sadly, the puns are usually made in the chat (and plentifully). That should give you extra incentive to show up more often, though. ;)

Ooh, should this thread get stickied?

I've only seen Wagomu's stream so far, but I just want to say: Come for the goats, stay for the commentary.
    Hidden:

I've only seen Purple stream. If his playthroughs of constant death is anything to go by I'd say these streams are going to be filled like the Dead Sea.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post

Check out some of his archived streams and see for yourself. All of the ones mentioned in past streams are teeming with an overdose of sodium, except Crash, which went pretty well, compared to the other ones.

Twitch deletes old streams after a certain amount of time, so they're gone.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

Galaxy stop now, the frustration is not worth it. Some of the emblems......no man should be forced to play the likes of Mad Space or Death Chamber.
    I would never have gone for all the emblems. Dealing with those emerald stages was terrible enough, along with the gravitational cylinders.

(I didn't have my new gamepad back then, so I was playing it on a keyboard. That's where most of the salt came from).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

wait Galaxy??? He strikes me as a very calm and evened gamer, that would just go "ah....that happened I guess" when something salty happens.
    That wouldn't be very fun!

I kinda wish I had streamed Ducktales: Remastered when I played through that recently. It was a goldmine of salt.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Twitch deletes old streams after a certain amount of time, so they're gone.
    I noticed. :(

I would never have gone for all the emblems. Dealing with those emerald stages was terrible enough.

(I didn't have my new gamepad back then, so I was playing it on a keyboard. That's where most of the salt came from).
    Still, is it true what Mugan says? You just don't seem like the type to get super salty, if that makes sense lol

edit: I guess so haha

Still, is it true what Mugan says? You just don't seem like the type to get super salty, if that makes sense lol
    I'd say it just depends on the game. Sometimes it's in a joking around manner, where I reference old salty moments.

Then there's moments of real salt where I say things like... "Excuse me?" or "That isn't how 'insert game mechanic' works". A lot of it is hard to remember since I say it impulsively.

I'm glad I'm not immune to salt though. It makes it that much more fun to look back on.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    I'd say it just depends on the game. Sometimes it's in a joking around manner, where I reference old salty moments.

Then there's moments of real salt where I say things like... "Excuse me?" or "That isn't how 'insert game mechanic' works". A lot of it is hard to remember since I say it impulsively.

I'm glad I'm not immune to salt though. It makes it that much more fun to look back on.
    Same, it makes the feeling of beating a tough part all the more satisfying.

And don't worry, I am not immune to salt either. I ragequit and curse all the time.

Checked out Wagomu's stream today when he was commentating was pretty interesting to hear what he was thinking during his Isaac run.
    Just a shame that I'm a super Isaac casual so some of the info was lost on me due lacking context.

I will probably be streaming Persona 5 when it comes out at least it sounds like a fun thing to do. It's too bad that I don't have the setup to stream fire emblem fates so I can bore people with my stat obsessions.

I do have a stream myself, but I can't get around a schedule that works between my other personal little projects.

I usually play Roguelikes, and currently playing alot of Crypt of the Necrodancer. Been thinking of playing that more with some friends over Google Hangouts, but if you guys don't mind tuning in over Twitch for that.. I'd be down. Aside from that, I play Crimzon Clover very hard. Clocked like 250 or so hours into it and still... not very good at it. It's a shmup, and I actually planned on making a stream dedicated to just playing shmups like CC, Touhou and several other gems I got in my collection. But again, these games are very based around the fanbase of bullet hell games, and I'm not sure if anyone's interested in watching someone fumble at it.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

http://www.twitch.tv/ryuunaga

you can put mine on there too Noq

I stream a variety of games via emulator, Steam, and PS4

Past Streams include: Pillars of Eternity, Fallout 2, Fallout 3

No real current or upcoming stream I usually just play something different each time usually depends on what I feel like playing sometimes I'll let viewers decide for me.
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; July 5th, 2015 at 01:41 PM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information