+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 788: "My Fight"

Default Re: Chapter 788: "My Fight"

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Maybe it's time to revive an old debate...or not!
    Is this haki ?

Toei is always right!
    I'm a little curious if we'll see another DF attack next chapter. Conisdering how outright bizarre it is for her DF to even have attacking abilities to begin with, I'm curious to find out if she has more crazy powers left to show.

i mean c'mon guys, its clear why Viola and Rebecca are stopping Doffy and someone like zorro and kyros doing other shit... the answer probably... Boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Even checking on what is taking luffy so long is a waste of time since the cage is moving faster .
    Also since they are stronger than most they have better chance of slowing the cage.
    Time is running out on luffy because don is closing the cage faster , fighting him or staling him not going to change that .
    Right now luffy has two problems don finding him ( which law should be able to take care off) and the cage moving in faster .
    The cage moving in faster is the bigger problem since don don't have to find him to kill him and he has even less time to recover .

Rebecca and her aunt being idiots but there nothing you can do about that .

EDIT it comes down to this the gladiators feel they have a better chance at slowing down the cage than beating don even if he hurt.
    Now consider this; They all try to stop the cage, it doesn't work and the cage shrinks shrinks and suddenly doflamingo slashes them all from behind. Because noone checked if luffy was taken out and all of them blindly went to try stopping the cage. Doflamingo could even use parasite on them as they won't face him.

This arc is long but this is a normally paced climax.
    That's how I put it into context.

Discovered Stowaway Farsighted Annie's Avatar

Okay, I think that Viola has the potential to be some kind of badass . I enjoyed Fujitora helping out and Princess Mansherry being useful with her temporary heals. Man, I enjoyed that brief God Ussop moment . Make what you will about this chapter I enjoyed it for what it is .

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticMonkey View Post
    Fujitora could have done what zoro and the rest do right now. Zoro even has to tell the marines what they need to do. As a military leader Fujitora is looking really incompetent right now?
    Zoro didn't tell the Marines anything.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The setup is simple. Some strong fighters go and check why luffy needs so much time to finish doffy and try to help while everyone else slows down the cage, The first group see doffy alone and attack. They won't know that luffy is currently resting and they don't need to know that. What they will do is essentially stalling doffy. With them down luffy might step in and finish luffy. They will have unknowingly bought time. They will at least be more effectve than the weaker gladiators.
    Fighting Doula wouldn't slow down the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Zoro didn't tell the Marines anything.
    You're right i got the impression it was zoro saying the marines without haki should help pushing the factory. Well it still doesn't help Fujis case if we don't see him directly commanding his troops for a while. We have to guess he told them to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luffy View Post
    I'm a little curious if we'll see another DF attack next chapter. Conisdering how outright bizarre it is for her DF to even have attacking abilities to begin with, I'm curious to find out if she has more crazy powers left to show.
    Whale tears. I forgot that was a thing.

Well, this chapter exists.

Oda could have made it work. The birdcage slowed by fuji and half of the colosseum fighters while the rest fight doffy (better than the weaker gladiators). That would still make the birdcage a hax device but it will help more. The birdcage would have been slowed and doffy would have been effectively occupied.

Hell Oda could have made the birdcage stopped with the dwarves Franky zoro kinemon and Kanjuro and Fuji. Or whthout fuji they would have slowed the cage a bit and he steps in to make it stop.

Now consider this; They all try to stop the cage, it doesn't work and the cage shrinks shrinks and suddenly doflamingo slashes them all from behind. Because noone checked if luffy was taken out and all of them blindly went to try stopping the cage. Doflamingo could even use parasite on them as they won't face him.
    It does not make any sense to consider that .
    Most of them have no chance to beating him and they also have to worry about the healing powers running out .
    If they don't stop cage from shrinking the people they want to save and they also will die .
    Plus bart who might stand a chance going to believe in luffy and zoro to the end lol.

For the gladiators it stop the problem at hand while they have time than worry about something that can happen since don can appear at any part of the cage .
    Hell don is sick enough to just stand or fly above and watch all of them strugle as they die .
    Of course it won't come to that .

Oda could have made it work. The birdcage slowed by fuji and half of the colosseum fighters while the rest fight doffy (better than the weaker gladiators). That would still make the birdcage a hax device but it will help more. The birdcage would have been slowed and doffy would have been effectively occupied.
    They wouldn't have stood a chance. Remember how easily Doula almost killed Kyros, who is one of the stronger characters in the island.

And the Birdcage only stopped when everybody started pushing, so a few gladiators would have made a difference.

I just remembered. Luffy slept for like 10 minutes before his final fight vs Crocodile and woke up focused as ever. Had he exausted his haki like he's now?

They wouldn't have stood a chance. Remember how easily Doula almost killed Kyros, who is one of the stronger characters in the island.
    Yet if they tried they would have got lucky with doffys current state.
    Why you guys use that line every time is beyond me. We don't have a fresh doffy right now. And the colloseum fighters are temporary back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    This goes back to my original point. I don't think Fujitora's fruit can do the things people are assuming it can. I don't think Fujitora could go all Sokovia on Dressrosa. Powerful as he is we haven't seen anything on that scale outside of meteor strikes.

Putting aside we already have potential black holes with the Dark Dark Fruit, if Fujitora could do that there would still be the issue of collateral damage and loss of life. Especially in the confined area the Birdcage has become. Black holes aren't minor things. The former may be a moot point by now but the latter would be unacceptable to Fujitora.
    Why would black holes be needed though? That would only make the birdcage to be even more overpowered. The yami yami no mi is pretty much a different version of Fuji's fruit already since a black hole is pretty much extreme gravity.

As for pushing things around, again, not sure that's in the scope of his powers. I'll admit my memory of his early actions is sketchier than I'd like, but his powers so far seem to be increasing or removing gravity from objects or the area. Reversing gravity is a logical extension of that and we've seen it (or something close to it) in levitating rocks. But I don't think that extends to pushing things sideways unless he makes himself a center of gravity and acts off that (or if I'm forgetting something again, like I said my memory with him isn't as good as I'd like it to be).
    If your thoughts on his abilities are correct and he can increase/decrease the gravity of an object then why not the gravity of the strings or the cage which are objects as well?

I can't think of a strong use for gravity powers in the current scenario and options like the above I've seen seem either too large scale for what we've seen, present an unacceptable (to Fujitora) risk, or feel someone somewhere should be saying "gravity does not work that way."

I mean no disrespect or anything, in case I come off that way. It's just a lot of comments seem like they're expecting more out of Fujitora than he's equipped to deliver.
    Gravity is in fact a simple force, simple enough that it's not unreasonable to think he can do such things. The birdcage itself is the anomaly here. A plot armored object that can pretty much resist anything that's thrown at it.

Are you serious? Then why luffy needs to fight and defeat Doula to stop the cage? Do you mean, if by any chance, an admiral, zoro, sai, prodence king, bartoromeo, cavendish would team up like they are doing it right now but instead of pushing strings, try to lend some hits on a half dead Doula wouldn't stop the cage?
    I don't know why people are thinking that most of us are complaining about the pace. We are not. We are complaining about the most destructive power that we've seen so far in "One Piece". I mean, the most powerful man alive was supposed to be WhiteBeard with his fruit which creates things that are intangible, earthquakes. And even then we saw the admirals stopping one of his earthquakes. But now, we have something physical, all this people could even scratch it?
    I really don't understand why Doula is not the pirate king with this birdcage of his.

Yet if they tried they would have got lucky with doffys current state.
    Why you guys use that line every time is beyond me. We don't have a fresh doffy right now. And the colloseum fighters are temporary back in the game.
    Getting lucky is not a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    So are we all in agreement here that A: this arc has dragged on way too long, B: this shit is really boring now, and C: all these stupid haki powers have gotten way out of control? That the general consensus around here? Cause hot damn, this arc needs to wrap up like.. two months ago.

And I always hated haki for this reason. I knew it would be a slippery slope to batshit dumb powers. Welp, here you have 'em now. I can't remember being this let down and bored with One Piece in a long time.
    A) for a week by week type of reading , yes i agree , but if you read the whole arc in one go , the only annoying parts are the one with rebecca at the colosseum , and those last chapters where everyone tries to come up with the dumbest solution to stop birdcage

B) yes , but this chapter was necessary , the arc is already messed up so Oda shouldn't mess it even more

C) totally agree with you on that one , i was one of the big detractors back at the time , creating some drawbacks to powerful logias was a better option ( for me , but there is that will thing and oda probably was thinking of that since rogue town )

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    This stuff is really simple guy. The revived Gladiators are on the other side of town. The ones close to DD got impaled and are dead. No one else thinks they have a chance against DD so they're contributing to the effort of stopping the cage instead.

Viola has been tracking DD, like you she knows he's weak.

The one person who could've been there but isn't is Cavendish..y did law teleport down alone.
    ah Cavendish , i have a feeling that we will see him next chapter when viola will be nearly slaughtered , and hop he saves the day :D
    Dragon have a den den mushi zoan type , awakened , he can call anyone anywhere , call anything like clouds in rogue town , send radio waves , intercept any discussion , read other people mind , and most importantly , transform into a super awesome snail

Getting lucky is not a good argument.
    It's not about a good argument. It's about an alternative scenario where doflamingo wouldn't have faced useless guys and where everyone would have been put to better use. The alternative scenario lessen the power of the birdcage thus liberating all the colosseum fighters from the plot task to stop it.

It's not about a good argument. It's about an alternative scenario where doflamingo wouldn't have faced useless guys and where everyone would have been put to better use. The alternative scenario lessen the power of the birdcage thus liberating all the colosseum fighters from the plot task to stop it.
    Well you can come up with many alternative scenarios for it to not even get this far .

Quote Originally Posted by skoopa View Post
    C) totally agree with you on that one , i was one of the big detractors back at the time , creating some drawbacks to powerful logias was a better option ( for me , but there is that will thing and oda probably was thinking of that since rogue town )
    Well it hard to have draw backs when you characters are ice , light , lava , fire etc etc .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information