+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 170 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3382

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Default Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

We are close enough to release where I could see it.

If so that is a major oof. I guess Araki just got bored.

Last chapter already went and started tying up all the remaining loose ends quite rushedly, even reprising Yasuho's narration from chap 1, now that i recall it's just the Holly situation that remains to be solved.It was exèpected.
    There's still the tiniest glimpse of hope that the legend of Johnny Joestar chapters bits about the mysterious baby washed ashore and the overall involvement of the Corpse pay out in any capacity, but i actually believe those just fall in that 80% of pre-rokakaka Jojolion that we should pretend never happened, just like Araki does.

So... part 9 huh?
    Last edited by Alfiere; July 14th, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

Worst part. Worst end villain, we got cheated out of jobin being a threat or kato doing something, instead we got the god damned head doctor.

Say what you want about the issues of early parts: that was 30 years ago, 30 years of experience before this mess, and were in the same line of quality than its part.

Or is it that jojo was never meant to be read without binging?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think even with binging this isn't a good part. Everything is fine pretty much up until we learn who Jo2uke is. But after that everything feels not thought out. Like Araki had set-up various mystery boxes but didn't know how to resolve all of them. So he decided to just resolve the main two (the curse and Jo2uke's identity) and then completely scrap all the others.

If David Production's ever gets to cover this part in the anime I hope they take a serious knife to it and cut out all the unneccesary stuff and try and introduce characters like Tooru earlier so it doesn't feel like he comes out of nowhere.

I knew it. I don't like saying the part is bad because I do think so much of it is really good. And I'm generally a person that considers that a bad ending shouldn't spoil an otherwise good manga. But it's not just the ending here. This final arc just wasn't very good and the Wu arc was already pushing it. And so many of the characters are very badly used, and the word "used" for some characters isn't even applicable. It's less that the ending ruins the rest of the part and more like the ending just solidifies the issues earlier in the part. Maybe these last 2 chapters will manage to be interesting in a vacuum and so not leave such a bad taste in my mouth.

It is not that the ending ruins everything, but that the setup without payoff of the beginning makes many things worthless. And you can have a few frayed ends, but not too many.

Also, fuck the head doctor.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I've been hoping for so long that we're going to get the one chapter that makes everything make sense and ties it all together in an unexpected and amazing way. All I got at the end was disappointment.

Absolute worst part by far. There are a few amazing redeeming moments here and there, some great characters who deserved so much better (Yasuho-chan) and I will be the few defenders of Joubin getting jobbed like a little bitch but ultimately it was this big meandering mess with a very poorly planned story and very little payoff to all the amazing potential. This was supposed to be Araki's modern take to part 4 and he just jumped the gun on it instead of going into it with any sort of actual plan. And the worst part is that he spent 10 years on this story with absolutely nothing to show for it. Araki should just take a year or two off and recharge those batteries because I do not want part 9 to be another disappointment.

I rather hope he throws out some of his typical oneshots to get out of the way those low-potential inspirations he's keeping in the back of his head before settling on something for part 9.
    I remember having a bad felling as soon as chapter 1 came out, exactly because the hearthquake setup felt really like something more suited for a oneshot than for a main jojo part.

Now i'm feeling really nostalgic of 10 years ago me coming home from university and being completely blown away by the first new jojo chapter ending on the cliffhanger of the protagonist having 4 testicles.

Chapter 109 actually does feel more like a one shot. It's pretty interesting by itself but it feels like we're just ignoring the story JJL had at this point. I'd be fine with Araki sticking to ~1 volume long series and/or one shots instead of starting a new long part.

We really getting some Sleeping Slaves of destiny ending again with this one huh? I can't think what this will result in though that actually answers anything from the main story.

How does the timeline match up though? Any possibility that Fumi is the kid who washed up on the beach? Or maybe whoever this villain is (the kid would have to be 40 years old at this point).

Chapter 109 was a lot more interesting than anything else in the part. Why couldn't we have just followed the adventures of Old Lady Lucy Steel? As is I feel this development is just going to further taint part 7, I still haven't forgiven Araki for killing Johnny the way he did.

I really can't stay mad at Araki.

Araki is a master of set up, is concise payoff that failed this time.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This key visual for part 6 emerged with this VA list:

- Ermes Costello: Mutsumi Tamura
    -Foo Fighters: Mariya Ise
    -Emporio Alniño: Atsumi Tanezaki
    - Weather Report: Yuichiro Umehara
    - Narciso Anasui: Daisuke Namikawa
    - Jotaro Kujo: Daisuke Ono

Still hoping for Enrico Pucci to have All-Star Show Ayami's voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

Great news and pics, can't wait for Part 6.! :)

I watched all of Golden Wind for the first time in the past 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. I really want to get into Stone Ocean now but I might just wait for the anime, maybe even until it's finished.

Stone Ocean is coming to Netflix in December. Also the trailer is out.

So does that mean it will be in Netflix jail and require a fansubber? Also it looks basically the same as part 5, and there's something about the way both are done that just doesn't sit right with me but I'm not sure what it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information