+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3248

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Default Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

He look Kyo (apparently Kei is her correct name) appeared from the abyss finally. Makes me even more interested why she's missing from the photo in the flash forward if we're still going to get to that.

Ok that was cute and all, but if i'm not mistaken this is still taking place in 2011 and Yasuho is 19.
    For her to be a "young child" as stated in the chapter, i assume she must have been 10 yo max, so we're talking turning of the century. This is confirmed by the fact that the "head doctor" was 79 at the time, and now he's 89 (a small detail some may have missed). So 2001.

I was around back then. I'm a couple years older then her. I may not recall perfectly every detail about that time, but i'm pretty sure that smartphones with access to the Internet wasn't something even japanese children were supposed to have.

Come on Araki, you're better than that.

Also holy shit it's been almost 10 years since the four balls reveal, i can't believe it. Or rather don't want to.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

Nah, I remember that the attachment that allowed you to get Celebi from the japanesse pokemon crystal version through a cellphone was already a thing back then.

The smartphone part tho.

"The first phone of any kind with a large capacitive touchscreen was the LG Prada, announced by LG in December 2006"

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

That camp counselor looks creepy af.

Oh, it was a flip phone. never mind.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Nah, I remember that the attachment that allowed you to get Celebi from the japanesse pokemon crystal version through a cellphone was already a thing back then.

The smartphone part tho.

"The first phone of any kind with a large capacitive touchscreen was the LG Prada, announced by LG in December 2006"

oh. wow. didn't even bother to check, since i remember that at the time around here being the coolest kid with the raddest phone basically meant you had Snake on it. Guess Japan is a whole other level.
    I still think it's highly unlikely for a child to have one of those, but it's cool.

Thanks for the info by the way :)

Oh yeah, being common enough for a kid to have it is another thing enterely, but her stand can be sumed up as super google maps, some technology affinity required.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Probably just an oversight but at the same time the original universe had crazy cybernetic tech in the 1930s so I don't think it's that much of a stretch that even the SBR universe may also have been a bit ahead with some things than our universe. What I find even funnier is that Josuke's sister, Kei's, name has had the wrong furigana for 23 volumes so that it was Kyo.

Edit: I think there being a comprehensive database of nursing home patients in 2001 is more of a stretch than her having that kind of phone back then.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; November 19th, 2020 at 07:12 PM.

I chalk the database to her stand manifesting early.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

That slide panel is sure taking it's time to fall off.

"please don't step on those, each is worth 200 millions"
    "oh yeah? i bought these sneakers at the discount"
    *splash*
    I missed Josuke.

So, bets are open for whose name's on that falling panel i guess.

Also, Araki revolving once again crucial plot point around random trivia he found on the internet, is just pure dadaism.

Volume 25 extras bring information about Wonder of U, but until then the stand is:
    The panel is falling on Yusuho, no now is on Josuke, not back to Yasuho, now is Kyo.

I hate wonder of u. I hate this fight, I hate the flow of this battle, I hate the mistery of "what is in the bubbles" mistery that has lasted over 4 months now.

At least they finally drew blood.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Yeah this whole arc isn't very appealing to me either. I never liked spin in SBR so it coming back isn't something I'm excited for. And it's felt like it's been dragging for a while now. Kei coming back is cool but it probably would have been better if she wasn't completely absent for over a dozen chapters. And we still haven't seen Caato for a while too. Araki has always had trouble juggling characters and storylines but this feels like some of the worst in the series. Maybe it just seems worse because this is the first part I've read while it was ongoing.

I do think the setup with the falling plane part is cool though. I'm interested in what's going to happen there.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

So, did Araki fully retcon Yasuho receiving her Stand due to the wall eyes? And how many plot threads are still left? It seems like there will be at least a few arcs after this...
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1175175/1

Spoiler:
    I can't believe he brought Nijimura back just to kill her instantly

I will be so happy when this arc ends.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Apparently Part 8 is coming to an end. And god damn Cesarino, Gappy is already too much characters into one get out of here.

What? No surprise Kato final boss?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information