+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3144

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II: Do the Dio Walk!

Yeah, Jojo part 8 is just a weird weird dissapointment. The character just don't have any... what's the word I'm looking for? Personality? Depth? Charisma? Relatability? Energy? Dynamism? Stand-out-ness?

And the plot is just about the messiest thing in the world. No focus, non-linear, lacks direction, moves places without really emphasizing why, motivations aren't clear... it's so difficult to follow! It's not even episodic like part 4, it's genuinely trying to tie everything together and just failing really bad.

Not to mention constant changes of location, drawings that don't help the reader in the slightest, characters that all have the bland overdetailed Jojolion Araki style that doesn't communicate any feelings, it's a shambles.

The bit with Damio Tamaki and the flashback with Kira and Josuke were perhaps the most redeeming bits of this atrocious 8th installment of the francise but... It's really lacking that energetic feel that characterised other Jojo parts. Even Part 6 at its slowest, or part 5 at its most retconny, or part 1 at it's cliche-est can go toe to toe with part 8 on sheer characters and energy alone.

Okay, that's enough ranting, I think i've gotten my point across. Were it any other series, I'd drop it. But I adore JoJo... I just wish this weren't such a step down from all the previous parts. Especially Steel Ball Run. Steel Ball Run was godly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

What if we get a descendant of Valentine as main villain for Part 8?, only someone with info on Johnny Joestar and the Corpse could make the connection of the government being interested in the Rokakaka fruit..
    "IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Yeah, Jojo part 8 is just a weird weird dissapointment. The character just don't have any... what's the word I'm looking for? Personality? Depth? Charisma? Relatability? Energy? Dynamism? Stand-out-ness?

And the plot is just about the messiest thing in the world. No focus, non-linear, lacks direction, moves places without really emphasizing why, motivations aren't clear... it's so difficult to follow! It's not even episodic like part 4, it's genuinely trying to tie everything together and just failing really bad.

Not to mention constant changes of location, drawings that don't help the reader in the slightest, characters that all have the bland overdetailed Jojolion Araki style that doesn't communicate any feelings, it's a shambles.

The bit with Damio Tamaki and the flashback with Kira and Josuke were perhaps the most redeeming bits of this atrocious 8th installment of the francise but... It's really lacking that energetic feel that characterised other Jojo parts. Even Part 6 at its slowest, or part 5 at its most retconny, or part 1 at it's cliche-est can go toe to toe with part 8 on sheer characters and energy alone.

Okay, that's enough ranting, I think i've gotten my point across. Were it any other series, I'd drop it. But I adore JoJo... I just wish this weren't such a step down from all the previous parts. Especially Steel Ball Run. Steel Ball Run was godly.
    Pretty much this, yes. Even though I'm finding Rai extremely likable (in his dickish way).

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post

Yeah, on one hand, it's quintessential Araki. You can't help but being amused of how he just makes shit up as he goes, just tossing in whatever cool thought comes across his mind, and how non-chalantly shameless he is about it.
    In the other hand, though, the premise of Jojolion being a self-contained, coherent mistery tale kinda spoils all the experience once you realize (and it doesn't take long) that it really isn't.
    The stand-granting bitemarks, the crest in the higashikata household, the Joestar family tree... so many plot points you were induced to be invested in, only to realize that probably will never be resolved or even addressed again, since we've moved to a main plot that was blatantly thought up mid-way and god forbids Araki keeping track of more than one over-aching storyline.
    I still enjoy the ride, charachters are fun enough and Gappy is a very fine JoJo imho. I'm not invested in Morioh as I was reading part 4 and except from Yasuho and Joshu the supporting cast doesn't add much, but the monthly chapter is always fun enough to keep going.

ROHAN OVA Pics.

Spoiler:

"IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

They look really weird...

Koichi looks like what can only be called "The Folly of Man"

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Izumi looks like female Funny Valentine (before Araki buffed him), Koichi looks like that sick kid from SBR, and Okuyasu has a fish face for some reason.

This style(like the DIU) only fits some characters.
    - RIC FLAIR

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Koichi looks like what can only be called "The Folly of Man"
    incidentally that is also what i think of koichi

Man that did not feels pleasant to they eye, specially Koichi and Okuyasu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But hey on the other hand
    It's just the Rohan OVA so who even cares

Hopefully the art in part 5 isn't uh
    horrifying and filled with bee-sting face

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

As I've read somewhere, this might be David Productions testing out the look for the latter parts of Jojo a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    As I've read somewhere, this might be David Productions testing out the look for the latter parts of Jojo a bit.
    It's exactly this, they made the Rohan OVA basing themselves in the Thus Spoke Rohan art, the problem is that besides Rohan himself the characters seen rather unappealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind if they did Rohan at the Louvre with that style. At least I would see it animated.

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

Can't stand the current direction of the series? (Forgive the pun) Just chill out with a good tune.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

The dub of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 3: Stardust Crusaders is premiering on Toonami on July 29th.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ctober/.118320

So, the last BD/DVD release of Part 4 just happened, do we have any word on it?

Specifically: A: has the OVA Rohan episode hit the net yet anywhere? and B: Any word on Vento Aureo teasers like a "TO BE CONTINUED" added to the last episode or anything?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Chapter 1 Live-Action Movie Spoilers:

Spoiler:

1. The film ends with Josuke vs Keicho Nijimura.
    2. Toshikazu Hazamada and Surface is not in the movie.
    3. Koichi's Stand egg immediately hatches into Echoes ACT 1.
    4. Sheer Heart Attack kills Keicho Nijimura instead of Akira Kobayashi's Red Hot Chili Pepper, along with destroying the Bow and Arrow.
    5. Film ends with Sheer Heart Attack going back to Kira's house and seeing Kira's body excluding his face. And yes, there are nail jars.

I like these changes. Especially if they expect to keep the story contained to a trilogy.
    Last edited by Count Mario; July 15th, 2017 at 06:53 AM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information