+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 829

Thread: Chapter 786 : Gatz

  1. #281
    I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago View Post
    But the question is would someone else be able to use not fourth but even second gear ?
    Probably not, but does any body but Luffy know that his devil fruit is nigh useless with training?

  2. #282

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    I'm terrified at the notion that Luffy needs "only 10 minutes". In DBZ, it was only 5min for Goku's Genkidama. Granted, I didn't read the manga so I don't know how many chapters that took, but I'm still horrified at the amount of useless filler from the anime. ;___;


  3. #283

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Looks like we have a spirit bomb situation. Because if the entire Strawhat Gang could ascend a hundred foot tall tower, disable the two snipers posted in it, and disarm a bomb, all in the span of ten seconds, then Ten Minutes is enough time for Doflamingo to go drop a deuce, read a chapter in his favorite book, and go for a short walk before coming up and finishing off Luffy.
    Kudos for funniest comment.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by qtipb View Post
    So devil fruits and haki have time limits lol..I'm making a logical conclusion that ancient weapons, seastone, and sword durability are next in line for plot treatments
    You can bet your sweet teets that seastones will break once in the series.
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

  4. #284
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Oh shit, the return of Meadows!! King of AP!!

  5. #285
    Blue Popo Speeddasher01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Eh, pretty mediocre chapter. After seeing the spoilers, I was kinda hyped that Doflamingo wasn't down yet, but deep down I had a feeling I was gonna be disappointed. Instead of getting the main fight, we get Doflamingo fighting a bunch of rejects from the coliseum, who are basically just here to waste time so Luffy can use his finisher attack. Lame. Honestly, this wouldn't even be so bad if they had shown more of the fight last chapter, and not skipped twenty minutes, and then just focused on Riku. I am officially never letting myself get hyped for this fight again.

    There is no hope for Fairy Tail

  6. #286

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Burgess fanboys are going to be shedding tears, "BB commander" they said "EoS enemy for SH" they said "strong as Sabo" they said. Sabo is in another league and could take out the main boss of this arc if he had to. Enjoy watching the wannabe champ get his butt handed to him officially next chapter.

    Doflamingo is going to be the disgraced king of Dressrosa, his usual walk of arrogance will become a long walk of shame as all the people he manipulated and treated like crap will jeer him and mock him, he'll still have his stupid grin on his face but after he ploughs through his enemies and finally reaches Luffy Luffy will probably have Gear fourth back up and running. I hope it's not gear fourth though, I want to see a red hawk gatling bury Doffy once and for all. We need the iconic scene of Doffy on his knees, kneeling to Luffy the true king. Also, the mandatory smashing of his sunglasses as that happens. Luffy looks like he's dying from exhaustion.

    If Burgess is that desperate for a fruit why doesn't he just take Bellamy's the guy is practically laying there dead he could do it more justice than Bel-lame-y.
    One I've never said that he's as strong as Sabo.
    Two all I saw was someone getting surprise kicked like has happened to many other strong characters.
    And even if he gets trounced he'll still be my favorite BB Pirate because I don't really care about strength.

  7. #287

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    In the next chapter we'll see Jesus and The (young) Lord face off against Sabo like the catbrothers against Zoro.

  8. #288

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    I have a feeling that next luffy attack won't be a gear fourth poundman type. I mean i beat the shit out of doflamingo but we now the bazooka type of attack are close to the strongest in each gear. So i think that for luffy to be sure he's gonna defeat with one blow doflamingo he's gonna use something else like the blueno fight where he nearly used gear third remenber. Does anybody think that too ? sorry if the idea was already mentionned i didn't read completely the thread.

  9. #289
    Chemist Pirate Bladia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cygnus Rift

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Excuse my language, but holy shit, does Jesus looks evil as fuck in that face shot panel











  10. #290

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladia View Post
    Excuse my language, but holy shit, does Jesus looks evil as fuck in that face shot panel
    http://i995.mangapanda.com/one-piece...ce-5675849.jpg

    I would rate it on par with BB's evil face or Shiliew's evil face. And it's hard to stand out since all BB pirates look evil as fuc.

  11. #291

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazo View Post
    It was a nice chapter, defeating Dofla sure is a team effort.

    So this confirms that Doffy is stronger than Luffy, and I really can't think of an argument proving otherwise. But I also think help from other people is a better way to defeat the antagonists than being protected by plot armor. I hope Sabo/Burgess and Dofla/gladiators will get an equal amount of screen time, but I doubt that will be the case. And we finally got the G4 penalty, although it doesn't seem as restrictful as the previous ones. The way he described it made it seem like he could still fight with his regular abilities, but I guess haki is essential to fight any enemy from now on.
    One could argue that if Luffy had noticed Doula wasn't defeated sooner, he would have won the fight by now.

  12. #292

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Liked the chapter, even if it did bring the fight to a halt.

    I liked how everyone is going to buy Luffy some time, I do hope though, that they don't buy enough. 10 minutes against people so far beneath Doffy, even if it is so many people shouldn't be too much trouble for him.

    That Law mentioned the birdcage remaining up puts paid to people theorizing it would stay up after Doffy gets defeated.

    Were people this annoyed when Sanji had his "I'm the hunter" moment in Enies Lobby? Same thing, with less foreshadowing. Would you rather have the chapter end with Burgess coming at Luffy, despite us all knowing something would stop him next chapter?

  13. #293
    Discovered Stowaway Sir_Drastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New World

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    This was a pretty decent chapter good to see luffy getting some recognition in the new world for defeating doflamingo. The most hype part of the chapter though was the return of the Legendary Meadows doflamingo is in serious trouble now and so is Burgess.
    One Piece fan since '99

  14. #294

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Ok, I finally got around to reading the whole chapter and honestly, there is not much for me to say about this chapter other than the following:

    SABO VS BURGESS ROUND 2, BITCHES!!

    GET HYPED!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)


  15. #295

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    One could argue that if Luffy had noticed Doula wasn't defeated sooner, he would have won the fight by now.

    1) One could argue that if Doflamingo would not have 3 fights with Law, the fights with Aokiji and Smoker at PH, the fight with Sanji, and if Law din't crush DD's organs with Gamma knife, Luffy would be dead by now.

    2) Another man could argue that DD din't even try his 'Parasite' move he used on Jozu and Sanji. Maybe because it would work like a charm?

    Quote Originally Posted by joesephes View Post
    Ok, I finally got around to reading the whole chapter and honestly, there is not much for me to say about this chapter other than the following:

    SABO VS BURGESS ROUND 2, BITCHES!!

    GET HYPED!
    I can bet with you that it's 'DOFLAMINGO AND BURGESS TEAM UP ON SABO'. Unless Zoro shows up and fights Doflamingo for 10 minutes.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; May 14th, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

  16. #296

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Great chapter!!!
    Doffy is going to lay the make down on the gladiators.

    I also think by Sabo attacking Burgess will cause BB to declare war against the revolutionary army which will finally bring them into the story more than they are now. Because as it stands it's Pirates vs WG/Marines, Revolutionary army vs WG now it's going to be Revolutionary army vs Pirates. Which makes sense so to make the final battle so to speak a three-way battle. I can def see in the near future luffy and dragon meeting.

  17. #297

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    He's a commander in the final villain's crew, as such, he's a major antagonist.



    I know Darth's likes and dislikes because I debated with him a lot.

    How exactly does knowing somebody's likes and dislikes have anything to do with "beginning to sound like them"?

    Even your attempted snappy retorts have no logic behind them.



    I've outlined my very tangible reasons for disliking Sabo in some detail, in this thread alone.

    By all means though, continue trying to think of witty comebacks and ignore all the actual content of the thread your browsing.
    How are you sounding similar to him? No real basis of disliking characters other than they looked funny at characters you have a personal bias for.

    Sabo jumps out of nowhere "I call bullshit, the manner in which he jumped out of nowhere is a problem"

    Burgess comes tumbling down a huge hill and is instantly where Luffy is at but you seem to have no issues with his sudden emergence. At least with Sabo Koala called him into action several chapters ago. Burgess is a cool character and all but your argument of him being eos level antagonist is really hanging by a thread here since Sabo is treating him like fodder this early in the New world, oh wait that's exactly your problem isn't it, the fact that he's being shown to be weak at the hands of an overpowered "cocky" revolutionary who should have withheld his comeback for another arc instead of messing with a BB character you really like lol. Childish stuff.



    Year of Sanji, let's go!

  18. #298

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    1) One could argue that if Doflamingo would not have 3 fights with Law, the fights with Aokiji and Smoker and PH, the fight with Sanji, and if Law din't crush DD's organs with Gamma knife, Luffy would be dead by now.

    2) Another man could argue that DD din't even try his 'Parasite' move he used on Jozu and Sanji. Maybe because it would work like a charm?
    In the 3 fights with Law, he had help from either Trébol or Fujitora, which made things easier for him. And Smoker and Aokiji were yesterday. Not to mention he had access to a healing power. And it's not like Luffy himself hadn't fought several people too.

    But in the end, all those arguments are silly. Gear 4th pretty much puts Luffy's on Doula's level anyway.

  19. #299
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Lesse here, this is really quite a marvel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    It's no little wonder you know about Darth's likes and dislikes, furthering my point that you are beginning to sound like him, I.e. Disliking something for no tangible reason besides "I just don't like his expressions"
    You criticise Rob for "hating" on Sabo for "no tangible reason". This is done despite his repeated explanation of very tangible reasons: he dislikes the tired last-minute-save trope, and feel that Sabos mary-sue hype is unbalanced compared to Burgess performance. These things rooted in his subjective opinions of importance and writing preferences, but they are tangible, easily understood reasons.

    Yet before you discredit Robs subjective opinion, you say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    What's so important about Burgess again? He looks like he could be a member of Team Rocket in the OP universe that's there to capture pikachu because he thinks it's powerful (gomu gomu no mi) but Giovanni (Blackbeard) would call him useless if he came back with such a "treasure". He went to capture Moltress, failed that, settled for someone else's fruit, looks like he's definitely going to fail that. I see him as a comedic relief character for Dressrosa.
    Which is pretty much 100% subjective opinion, especially the last bit, based on your own viewpoint that the BB pirates aren't the important endgame opponents that 99% of the fanbase sees them at.

    In other words, you base your derogatory tone and snide comments on other people having "untangible reasoning" on equally subjective, untangible reasoning. unless you somehow believe that your opinions are "more correct" and "more objective", in which case, do share.

    Finally, the cherry on the cake is the "you're sounding like Darth!!" angle. In other words, you're pretty much trying to shame Robzilla out of his arguments by comparing him to another, controversial poster. "hey dude, I compare you to darth, you don't wanna be like Darth do you, so stop posting lol". How quaint.

    I sincerely hope this isn't going to become a forum shorthand: If someone has a viewpoint you disagree with, and dares to argue this viewpoint with you over several posts, you can just reply with a condendenscending "you're pulling a Darth!" and instantly discredit the opposing poster.
    Last edited by Daz; June 26th, 2015 at 05:40 AM.

  20. #300

    Default Re: Chapter 786 : Gatz

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    In the 3 fights with Law, he had help from either Trébol or Fujitora, which made things easier for him. And Smoker and Aokiji were yesterday. Not to mention he had access to a healing power. And it's not like Luffy himself hadn't fought several people too.
    He din't have access to healing after he got the Gamma Knife, by far the worst injury. And DD is man who is now on the operation table or just got out of it because of his strings.

    And what about Parasite?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post

    But in the end, all those arguments are silly. Gear 4th pretty much puts Luffy's on Doula's level anyway.
    Don't ignore the important part here. It only puts luffy on the same level as Doflamingo FOR A LIMITED TIME and at the cost of no haki for 10 minutes. More then enough time for Doflamingo to kill Luffy and eat lunch too.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; May 14th, 2015 at 08:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts