+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon

Default Splatoon

Made a thread for Splatoon since the demo already came out.

For those who don't know what Splatoon is, it's like a mix between Paintball and reverse Super Mario Sunshine.

You can also set up matches with other forums players by using the AP Smash IRC channel.
    Chat (Select Rizon on the right, put in your nickname, and in the channel column put #APSmash. Then click start and you're in!)
    Chat 2 (Use this if the other one isn't working. Find Rizon in the list, and put in your nick, the channel #APSmash, and then connect!.
    For AP members' NNIDs and more info, head on down to Meta's post here.
    Last edited by Ouroboros; July 4th, 2015 at 05:46 PM.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: Splatoon

Another testfire is happening in 10 mins in fact
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I'm ready for the final test fire.

Also, maybe spruce up that opening post a bit, Ouro. A colorful new franchise like this deserves a more elaborate intro.

If anybody misses the demo sessions, there's tons of footage here.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Loads of fun, and for me their servers felt up to it. Roller will probably feel less overpowered when we get the other match types. The nes-style squid jump game was fun too.

Oh damn it. For some reason I thought the last testfire was from 1-2, and I completely missed it

T_T

Roller is easy to beat. Simply back away while shooting, and they're dead

Darn it, Ouro beat me to the punch.

Why are the demos at bad times for me......gaah, but it sounds like you guys had a blast....of ink

Tried the sniper rifle for the last hour and I totally suck with it. But I suck with snipers in most games in general, especially if I've got to play with dual analog controls.
    But totally killing it with the splattershot junior.

The rollers are a bit OP in this mode. Easy to kill but they can cover areas really fast and it's a pain the butt, especially during the last crucial seconds of the match.
    I feel like rollers are better off just avoiding fights altogether and 100% focusing on covering the map.

I fought a team with 4 rollers and I trapped them at their spawn point for like a full minute. It was fun.
    NNID: julsjacket

Just finished trying out all the weapons.

-Splattershot is boring but simple to use. Can't really go wrong with it.
    -Splattershot Jr. is a little too inaccurate for my tastes. I have a hard time hitting other people when I get attacked.
    -Sniper thingie was rather cumbersome to use. Takes a long time to charge, and individual shots were near useless.
    -Roller is definitely my favorite. Definitely suits my aggressive play style. Only problem is that fighting others is death or glory. If you don't kill them right off the bat, you're probably going to die.

Such is the way of the sniper

I see you lurkers. Need some info?

Hidden:

Splatoon is a new IP in the Nintendo family, developed by Nintendo Entertainment Anaylsis and Development, by the same team that brought you Animal Crossing.

Directors: Yusuke Amano, Tsukasa Sakaguchi
    Producer: Hisashi Nogami
    Artist: Seita Inoue
    Composer: Toru Minegishi (yes, of Mario and Zelda fame)

What IS Splatoon?
    -Splatoon is a third-person shooter involving cute little squid-humanoids called Inklings. They remain in squid form swimming in ink, while they adopt a human form (at 14) outside of their ink streams.

So it's a shooter. What's the gameplay like?
    -Ah, the objective is not your typical CoD mold. Inklings don't set out to kill each other but rather, fire their ink to cover territory, pop balloons, and outsmart the opposing team. You move slower in the opposing team's ink, so be sure to cover your territory and play smart!

MULTIPLAYER MODES:

Turf War - your team must spray more area than the opposing team before time runs out (Online)
    Splat Zones - your team must maintain control of a specific area with your ink, like King of the Hill (Online)
    Battle Dojo - against a single foe, the goal is to pop more balloons! Fun, no? (Offline)
    Tower Control (To Be Released after launch) - standing on a tower, you move through enemy territory to the goal. But you may be sitting duck for fire!

SINGLE PLAYER MODE:
    -The Octorian Attack! - Nintendo's newest critters have their own battle to fight. The single player campaign has your character up against the enemy of the Inklings....Octorians!

Solve puzzles, perform platforming, and reach for the starts as you navigate through 20+ stages!

Hold up? Character? I can make one of these Inklings?
    -Yessir or ma'am! You can pick a male or female Inkling, and you can even pick hats, glasses, shoes, shirts....all kinds of gears! Getting gear has a value beyond the aesthetic asss.....they influence your stats!

A shop? Huh?
    -Yes, see Splatoon has a hub.

It's where you enter the various modes, customize your Inkling, and engage on Miiverse!

Does this game have DLC and/or amiibo support?
    -Yes it does! Splatoon amiibos will be released on May 29th (when the game comes out!)

They give you exclusive gear and new missions, so keep an eye for them!

As for DLC, more will be coming! The Tower Control is one such example, and so is the option to customize your matches online! Splatfest will host a series of upcoming events, where you ally with specific teams! (think MK8 tournaments, the time for each event has a set time)

S​platoon shall be released on May 28th, 2015 in Japan, and May 29th, 2015 for North America and Europe.

For more info, check out Nintendo's dedicated direct!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw

GET YOUR HYPE ON!

EDIT: Interested in playing against your fellow park members? Check out everyone's NNID here, and feel free to add your own!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kFg/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by MetaMario; July 3rd, 2015 at 09:01 AM. Reason: PLS let me know if I missed anything

I played two of the three test fires, and had a blast both times. I only changed up weapons the first time, but I tried every available one; my favorite was the Splattershot Jr., by far. It has a good rate of fire, works well when in confrontation, and comes paired with the superior of the bombs available in the sets.

My win/loss ratio was pretty good, with a bit more wins than losses, but those losses were always because the other people in my team weren't picking up their slack, so playing matches where you're set up by rank should be great. I can't wait until the 29th, when I can experience the full extent (almost) of what this amazing new IP can offer...

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I see you lurkers. Need some info?

Hidden:

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-con...boxart-big.jpg

Splatoon is a new IP in the Nintendo family, developed by Nintendo Entertainment Anaylsis and Development, by the same team that brought you Animal Crossing.

Directors: Yusuke Amano, Tsukasa Sakaguchi
    Producer: Hisashi Nogami
    Artist: Seita Inoue
    Composer: Toru Minegishi (yes, of Mario and Zelda fame)

What IS Splatoon?
    -Splatoon is a third-person shooter involving cute little squid-humanoids called Inklings. They remain in squid form swimming in ink, while they adopt a human form (at 14) outside of their ink streams.
    http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/co...charset_01.jpg

So it's a shooter. What's the gameplay like?
    -Ah, the objective is not your typical CoD mold. Inklings don't set out to kill each other but rather, fire their ink to cover territory, pop balloons, and outsmart the opposing team. You move slower in the opposing team's ink, so be sure to cover your territory and play smart!

MULTIPLAYER MODES:

Turf War - your team must spray more area than the opposing team before time runs out (Online)
    Splat Zones - your team must maintain control of a specific area with your ink, like King of the Hill (Online)
    Battle Dojo - against a single foe, the goal is to pop more balloons! Fun, no? (Offline)
    Tower Control (To Be Released after launch) - standing on a tower, you move through enemy territory to the goal. But you may be sitting duck for fire!

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/...e_splatoon.jpg

SINGLE PLAYER MODE:
    -The Octorian Attack! - Nintendo's newest critters have their own battle to fight. The single player campaign has your character up against the enemy of the Inklings....Octorians!
    http://nintendonewsfix.com/wp-conten...ed-octopus.jpg
    Solve puzzles, perform platforming, and reach for the starts as you navigate through 20+ stages!

Hold up? Character? I can make one of these Inklings?
    -Yessir or ma'am! You can pick a male or female Inkling, and you can even pick hats, glasses, shoes, shirts....all kinds of gears! Getting gear has a value beyond the aesthetic asss.....they influence your stats!
    http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-cont.../Splatoon2.jpg

A shop? Huh?
    -Yes, see Splatoon has a hub.
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news/...tion/large.jpg
    It's where you enter the various modes, customize your Inkling, and engage on Miiverse!

Does this game have DLC and/or amiibo support?
    -Yes it does! Splatoon amiibos will be released on May 29th (when the game comes out!)
    http://wiiuandmii.com/wp-content/upl...oon-amiibo.jpg

They give you exclusive gear and new missions, so keep an eye for them!

As for DLC, more will be coming! The Tower Control is one such example, and so is the option to customize your matches online! Splatfest will host a series of upcoming events, where you ally with specific teams! (think MK8 tournaments, the time for each event has a set time)

S​platoon shall be released on May 28th, 2015 in Japan, and May 29th, 2015 for North America and Europe.

For more info, check out Nintendo's dedicated direct!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw

GET YOUR HYPE ON!

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...nkling2500.png

I like to imagine in my head MetaMario going to town on this post, then he's all "ready to make the thread!" and he refreshes the site and sees Ouro's thread made. xD

Made a video of the tutorial if people who didn't get to play want to see what that was like. Naturally though, I blitzed through it, but you can see what the basic controls are:

I for one want to get better with the charge shot. Anyone can just go splattershot jr. and roller ... but charge shot, that's what will take true skill to master, it seems. It's like how I flock to low tiers in smash xD

I like the charger too because if you manage to kill a lot of dudes it means that you did very well, instead of just rolling everywhere covering areas effortlessly. You have to know that you won't spend the match covering areas, but instead you should focus only on killing everyone to protect your friends (and if you manage to cover a bit even better).

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I like to imagine in my head MetaMario going to town on this post, then he's all "ready to make the thread!" and he refreshes the site and sees Ouro's thread made. xD
    I've been itching to make a thread for a while, gotta redeem myself for the crappy ones I made in the past. Plus I'm dying to play. XD

Also:
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/11...eball-stadium/

Makes sense, seeing as Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners

This is the weirdest game ...
    And for some reason this is stuck in my head now too.

I said it in the Nintendo thread; those two give me the creeps (it's the eyes).
    Last edited by y2kyle89; May 11th, 2015 at 05:44 AM. Reason: And why are they Pop Idols? The soundtrack has sounded alt-rock to me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Nintendo broadening their waifu selections

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information