+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    That would've been...pretty nice actually.The reveals always have a bigger impact when things are being discovered through the characters and their curious motives than when we have an omniscient being explaining everything. I also felt mildly conflicted when Sugar was defeated. I was expecting Usopp to shine like the sun then and i got this crack defeat instead. I had a good laugh so i wasn't sure if i liked it or not.
    I think ussop shine better in this arc than he has in many.
    He is suppose to be a sniper but we never really get any insight into it .
    In this arc he learn CoO , we also see all the steps he take and think while doing it.
    Hell he hit her from miles away threw a wall how badass is that .

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Well Oda thought this way was better. It's common for authors to make hits and miss so.
    Well you can't please everyone that is just how it goes .
    Last edited by andy; May 8th, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    hhmmm you ignore me when i show you king riku help people but now quote me.
    how funny.
    Not ignore. Miss. Quite an easy thing to do, when people throw as much info at you as they do at me.

For the record, what was that about Riku helping people?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    so why did you react to our posts..?
    Never mentioned your username.
    Oh yes, you were oh so very inconspicuous in your comments.

I reacted because it is an off-topic discussion that serves no purpoes but creating toxic atmosphere.

And I find it annoying that you are using me as a justification to start it.

I think ussop shine better in this arc than he has in many.
    He is suppose to be a sniper but we never really get any insight into it .
    In this arc he learn CoO , we saw how he thinks when he does and what he does while doing it .
    Hell he hit her from miles away threw a wall how badass is that .
    Yeah, i guess his previous fight with Sugar was all for that Glorious moment when he thought he could forget about Luffy and got scared. Can we just proclaim that chapter as the best in this arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    Not ignore. Miss. Quite an easy thing to do, when people throw as much info at you as they do at me.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh yes, you were oh so very inconspicuous in your comments.

I reacted because it is an off-topic discussion that serves no purpoes but creating toxic atmosphere.

And I find it annoying that you are using me as a justification to start it.
    Start what?
    an off-topic discussion that serves the purpose to prevent future on-topic toxic atmosphere?
    Well yeah perhaps lol.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

yeah, the goofy guy who almost always ends up helping people and outright said that he wants to help the Dressrosa populace is evil.
    Because that selfishness must mean that he is "already evil", because no moral ambiguity ever existed in the history of literature and the end all is a complete rigid view that basically goes in a simple way, that is "do something evil = definitively evil"

Luffy is in no way evil. He's dumb, sometimes selfish and very stubborn, but he never once did something that expressed actual malicious intent. He doesn't plunder, hurt civilians or as much as revels in the misery of other people. He shows glimpses of compassion that aren't necessarily tied to the people he cares about personally.
    Doflamingo is evil. He abuses his subordinates that aren't part of the inner circle, laughs and revels in the misfortune of others and apparently genuinely enjoys inflicting pain onto people physically and mentally.
    Edit: great, answered something that isn't even relevant on this page to a guy who isn't even online anymore and wasn't that serious about it anyway.
    nice waste of time, but I'll leave this I guess -_- Maybe someone can pointlessly debate me on this over several pages, since that is what the cool kids do now, apparently
    Last edited by Sheep; May 8th, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

In chapter 777 he said he was going to help people and other people went with him.
    In chapter 780 we see him climbing down from the hill.
    In chapter 781 we see him down in the town .
    In chapter 783 we see him in town shouting .
    In chapter 785 he gave his rally speech and don't forget that people was with him during all of this.

What more do you want ?

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    Yeah, i guess his previous fight with Sugar was all for that Glorious moment when he thought he could forget about Luffy and got scared. Can we just proclaim that chapter as the best in this arc?
    It's one of the best that for certain .
    Still my favorite panels are the one when luffy stop don from stepping on law while looking him.
    Last edited by andy; May 8th, 2015 at 05:24 PM.

What the hell is going on around here. Stay on topic guys. :/

So was I.
    No you were arguing. I made a one line statement and you went on complaining about other people.
    None; what you have described is exactly the situation that we had in terms of early One Piece. Thus, I assumed since you are of opinion that it would be bad, you disliked when One Piece was using it.
    Except that early One Piece didn't have this many things to keep track of, therefore it was okay to cycle through couple events and let things resolve.
    Fights were often isolated therefore resolving them individually was okay. This arc, however, had too many things happening at the same time and required frequent communication between different groups to focus on only one thing.
    No, telling a story is about deciding what would be most beneficial to it, and then including that.
    There is no such thing as the most beneficial, that's mostly subjective.
    Where did that come from? You asked for a reason for internal conflict; I gave you one. What does the population has to do with it?
    You said "More internal conflict regarding the approval of violently deposing Flamingo.",how does that not have anything to do with the population?
    And there is no possible way Oda could justify it?
    Cliches should not be conflicting with character's personality.
    Don't dismiss it as a cliche, speeches are more effective to unite people when they face a tangible, common danger. The birdcage contracting was the perfect time for it.
    Oda does, by showing him repeatedly just sitting around.
    Often was someone in the background or getting updated by Viola. As I recall he was not always "sitting around".
    And they are at less risk when he is actively gunning for just them how, exactly?
    Fuji is currently helping the citizens. Him intervening requires him to also catch Law/Luffy.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

In chapter 777 he said he was going to help people and other people went with him.
    In chapter 785 he gave his rally speech and don't forget that people was with him during all of this.
    For it to happen in less then thirty chapters after birdcage started. Or him being more involved for that matter.

What more do you want ?

It's one of the best that for certain .
    Still my favorite panels are the one when luffy stop don from stepping on law while looking him.
    Aggrrr this is hard! i liked that one too! And it was followed by a chapter with great fight choreography.

With seeing a little skirmish between Sabo and Burgess, getting the full scene and interactions in Sabo's and Luffy's reunion and Defeating Doflamingo (Of course with some emotional display coming from Law) i'm all set.

For it to happen in less then thirty chapters after birdcage started. Or him being more involved for that matter.
    You are not looking at the flow of the arc .
    When the bird cage started he was a target for both the people and don famliy .
    After the flow of battle he was no longer a target from the people and half of don famliy get beat so he made his move.
    yes this took many chapters in real life but in OP all of this has been happening for a hour give or take.

Has this ever been said before? If Fuji stopped the Birdcage, then the people would have all said stuff like: "yeaaaaa, thanks mister admiral sir, you are our saviour :)) now why don't you also defeat doflamingo for us?? Fuck the pirates! Marines FTW!!!" and by doing so he would have made the WG interests, contradicting his previous statements and intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Coloseum shaking casual attacks lol, you know in terms of destructiveness Pica is probably the most destructive, casually changing the landscape with ease but hey guess what? He's still a chump as Zoro showed us, Burgess is the same. Maybe you have a bias for this particular character but facts are facts he's not on Sabo's level. Why didn't Burgess obtain Mera Mera if he's supposedly that good? I mean he came to Dressrosa for it you would think he'd be serious too (go look at his face when his armor shatters you can see sweat droplets running down his head)

Also, that's not his serious face that's his I'm about to wreck shit face. He had the same face against Bastille, looked rather menacing almost like he enjoyed it.
    I don't care about character strength really and while I am a Burgess fan pre his block I was coming at people for overrating him.
    I just happen to believe now that since his block people have been underrating him based on next to nothing in terms of evidence.

it's clear that doflamingo is no match for gear 4 luffy. luffy absolutely stomped him, to the extend that doflamingo had to run around using his "awakening" as a diversion in order to not get stomped

the question is, can a non-gear 4 luffy defeat doflamingo. doflamingo is clearly not down for the count and luffy is out of juice

I would like to see luffy use a mixture of gear 2 and gear 3 attacks to finish off the flamingo. It'd demonstrate that his base strength is nothing to be sniffed at and it'll also give us a decent fight

i'm curious to see what will happen next though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    What the hell is going on around here. Stay on topic guys. :/
    varus happened....again

Quote Originally Posted by LuffydaPirateKing View Post
    varus happened....again
    Still we gotta Focus on the positive. Not on the negative. Venus is lolcow. There's better fish to fry in this forum page. Like next weeks chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Why has Darth changed his username?

What the hell. This forum is going downhill cause you all keep reply to darth. Just ignore him already!!

Is the reason fatigue why Doflamingo doesn't even avoid or defend against Leo Bazooka? I kind of waited that defence move he pulled on Elephant Gun but I guess he didn't have the time. It's just that Luffy overwhelms Doffy so much now that he is like lost all that raw credibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Myu View Post
    Is the reason fatigue why Doflamingo doesn't even avoid or defend against Leo Bazooka? I kind of waited that defence move he pulled on Elephant Gun but I guess he didn't have the time. It's just that Luffy overwhelms Doffy so much now that he is like lost all that raw credibilities.
    Luffy gear 3 moves look much slower than his gear 4 moves .
    Also if you look at the panels you can see don has up his defense with his strings.
    Still luffy was able to hit threw them with his flying head and hit him with Leo bazooka right away .
    Gear 4 just seem to be on another level .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information