+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1085

Thread: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

  1. #681
    Discovered Stowaway Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    Very true. DD received a pretty powerful attack from Law though. Because of that i'm assuming that at his best he would've done a little better against Luffy. Better this way, i'm enjoying this bitch slap to the max.
    I don't think so MadieV.

    I think Oda showed Doffy to be nigh untouchable before Gear 4 jut to really highlight how much of boost Luffy get from it.

    As soon as Gear 4 activated the roles were reversed with Luffy shrugging off all of Doffy's attacks.

    Doffy does not appear to be visibly weakened by the damage from Law's attacks nor does he state this anywhere, so his strings must be very effective indeed.

    Injured or fresh he has no answer to Gear 4, not even his awakened df stunt made any difference.

    That is the impression I get from the last two issue's.

  2. #682

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    He didn't touch Burgess!
    Can you point me the panel where Sabo touched or severely hindered Burgess in any capacity?
    All I remember is Burgess clashing with a serious Sabo using an arena busting attack and coming out unscathed.
    Burgess was sending out shock waves that rocked the entirety of Corrida Colosseum casually, beat his block in minutes, and was leaping around and throwing hotels high in the air pre skip which probably puts him on Zoro level then.
    He's a Yonkou commander.
    He didn't touch Burgess? He shattered his elbow armor like it was a joke he also didn't touch anyone in that fight because the objective was to get the fruit, that's all. Why exert yourself when you can wrap things up as quick as he did? Oh he didn't touch Diamanté so I suppose they're fairly close in strength too? Burgess is a chump, classic lack of brains for brawn type of individual. Yonkou commander you mean the guy who's been Yonkou for not very long and who's entire crew almost got wiped out with a Shockwave attack by Sengoku? Blackbeard is strong but he's not exactly the strongest Yonkou. (Not yet anyway)

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    I actually think we should give Burgess a little bit more credit. Maybe put him on par with Zoro?

    I also think Luffy should be on par with Doflamingo at most.
    Are we reading the same thing? How can he be on Doffy's level when even after his awakening Doffy is getting his ass handed to him lol, ok you can argue that the onesidedness will come to an end soon when gear fourth expires but the fact Luffy has that in his locker puts him above Doffy.



    Year of Sanji, let's go!

  3. #683

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    He didn't touch Burgess? He shattered his elbow armor like it was a joke he also didn't touch anyone in that fight because the objective was to get the fruit, that's all. Why exert yourself when you can wrap things up as quick as he did? Oh he didn't touch Diamanté so I suppose they're fairly close in strength too? Burgess is a chump, classic lack of brains for brawn type of individual. Yonkou commander you mean the guy who's been Yonkou for not very long and who's entire crew almost got wiped out with a Shockwave attack by Sengoku? Blackbeard is strong but he's not exactly the strongest Yonkou. (Not yet anyway)

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Are we reading the same thing? How can he be on Doffy's level when even after his awakening Doffy is getting his ass handed to him lol, ok you can argue that the onesidedness will come to an end soon when gear fourth expires but the fact Luffy has that in his locker puts him above Doffy.
    You mean a serious Sabo with an arena busting attack (go look at his face) and a serious Burgess clashed for a short period of time and Burgess came out unscathed except for a broken elbow thing and continued to throw casual Colosseum shaking elbow shockwaves?
    Come back to me when a chump can do that.

  4. #684

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post

    I do not create those alone, you know? You are all free to just let it go, and let me have my opinion. Nobody forces you to question it. Nobody forces you to make it the focus of the discussion.

    You are setting your own house on fire, and then question the fire itself why is it burning, when it should totaly be not. It is not rational.
    So true, but non the less your addiction to showcase your negative opinions seems to have no boundary.
    You got your point across countless threads, but you ainīt tired to seek attention again and again.
    I understand this, being the focus of something...who doesnīt desire that.
    But in the same line of thought itīs pathetic to spend so much time on something you donīt like anymore.
    Who are you kidding, trying to make a hobby for someone foul and going to such lenghts, on a forum mainly consisting of people, who ainīt share the majority of your opinions.
    Thats what you want under the banner of "iam free to state my opinion!" and "You respond so itīs your fault"
    Donīt get me wrong..you are and people are , but your urge is the one problematic.

    Just curious, when youīre so done with the manga and you see you get kicked out here with your sozial internet behavior(lol, hope you get what i mean,hehe),
    what is it, that makes you coming back and spending your days on this ?
    The mentioned attention and so playing the well-known alternate i-net chara, your less perfect sozial skills or like Zephos getting some fun(but he also loves the series, so that at least makes sense) ?
    Boredom ?
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevilīs plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonneyīs past/Joy-Boy/Zunishaīs story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  5. #685
    Young Lord MadieV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I don't think so MadieV.

    I think Oda showed Doffy to be nigh untouchable before Gear 4 jut to really highlight how much of boost Luffy get from it.

    As soon as Gear 4 activated the roles were reversed with Luffy shrugging off all of Doffy's attacks.

    Doffy does not appear to be visibly weakened by the damage from Law's attacks nor does he state this anywhere, so his strings must be very effective indeed.

    Injured or fresh he has no answer to Gear 4, not even his awakened df stunt made any difference.

    That is the impression I get from the last two issue's.
    But the time limit is quite an issue really. If Luffy isn't able to sustain the Gear until he defeats Doflamingo then i think DD has the upper hand.

  6. #686
    Meridiani Planum airy-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virmire

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    No, the response to the posts I make is unparalleled.
    Like forty something posts defending enjoying blood sports.
    I do not create those alone, you know? You are all free to just let it go, and let me have my opinion. Nobody forces you to question it. Nobody forces you to make it the focus of the discussion.
    You are setting your own house on fire, and then question the fire itself why is it burning, when it should totaly be not. It is not rational.
    You can reason otherwise, but I was just pointing out a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    You really must have hate most of the pre-timeskip arcs then, I guess?
    What logical leap are you making here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    And all of it was, in your mind, essential?
    Telling a story is not about including all that's essential.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    Because violence supposedly goes against his entire world view.
    And he will be so arrogant that he will force his opinion on his entire population?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    Him being wanted stopped being a plot point a long time ago. And even when it was, Viola dismissed it. Turns out she was right. Who knew?
    The citizens are not the only ones in the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    And he only just now gave said inspirational speech. He could have been doing that for the last forty chapters.
    Why? Everyone knows the speech is always saved for the final push.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    He could have been doing something, anything.
    Who says he isn't? There's no need to show that when most people are already complaining about the length of the arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    No, I mean making the case for destroying Flamingo. Pretty sure Fujitora would have been a nice asset to have.
    And risk having all his new pirate friends caught.

  7. #687

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Oh well wont be long till we see darth3.0 since he's doing exactly the same thing that got him banned first time.
    just hope it doesn't take another year for that to happen lol.

    3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

  8. #688
    Discovered Stowaway Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    But the time limit is quite an issue really. If Luffy isn't able to sustain the Gear until he defeats Doflamingo then i think DD has the upper hand.
    True it may be setup as an "Oh Shit" moment but that last hit was Luffy's finisher and as others point out it was to the stomach, the same area Law's Knife went in, perhaps the force of Luffy's attack was enough to affect Doffy's internal strings.

    It may be that Luffy's last attack was enough to stop Doffy alone, we shall see I guess.

    You never know Luffy may have more up his sleeve than just Gear 4, perhaps an awakening of his own, perhaps you don't have to be evil to awaken just face evil.

    Also the wording in the last panel on the mangastream version clearly indicates it is over.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    Oh well wont be long till we see darth3.0 since he's doing exactly the same thing that got him banned first time.
    just hope it doesn't take another year for that to happen lol.
    I think at the moment he is being given the benefit of the doubt by the mods, it wont last forever though.

  9. #689

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    True it may be setup as an "Oh Shit" moment but that last hit was Luffy's finisher and as others point out it was to the stomach, the same area Law's Knife went in, perhaps the force of Luffy's attack was enough to affect Doffy's internal strings.

    It may be that Luffy's last attack was enough to stop Doffy alone, we shall see I guess.

    You never know Luffy may have more up his sleeve than just Gear 4, perhaps an awakening of his own, perhaps you don't have to be evil to awaken just face evil.

    Also the wording in the last panel on the mangastream version clearly indicates it is over.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    I think at the moment he is being given the benefit of the doubt by the mods, it wont last forever though.
    Oh is it like the ChopperMan thing where people pretend it isn't him?

    3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

  10. #690
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    So true, but non the less your addiction to showcase your negative opinions seems to have no boundary.
    You got your point across countless threads, but you ainīt tired to seek attention again and again.
    I understand this, being the focus of something...who doesnīt desire that.
    But in the same line of thought itīs pathetic to spend so much time on something you donīt like anymore.
    Who are you kidding, trying to make a hobby for someone foul and going to such lenghts, on a forum mainly consisting of people, who ainīt share the majority of your opinions.
    Thats what you want under the banner of "iam free to state my opinion!" and "You respond so itīs your fault"
    Donīt get me wrong..you are and people are , but your urge is the one problematic.

    Just curious, when youīre so done with the manga and you see you get kicked out here with your sozial internet behavior(lol, hope you get what i mean,hehe),
    what is it, that makes you coming back and spending your days on this ?
    The mentioned attention and so playing the well-known alternate i-net chara, your less perfect sozial skills or like Zephos getting some fun(but he also loves the series, so that at least makes sense) ?
    Boredom ?
    Why do I post those things?

    Because I feel the need to share my opinions.

    It is not that I seek attention. If did, as I said, I would mock Bleach and Naruto, which, I'm pretty sure, would bring me not only attention, but also approval.

    And then, there are occasional chapters that remind me why I loved the series, and why I still keep reading.

    In all honesty, I've re-read the entire One Piece a shortwhile ago, and I still really like the earlier stuff. I could go on for hours why plot points, action, art, characters fit together, and work for me.

    And Dressrosa lacks that for me. It is that simple.

    So I talk. And why the volume... well, it's easy to write it when you are working on a pc, and need a break from more serious stuff.

  11. #691
    Discovered Stowaway Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    Oh is it like the ChopperMan thing where people pretend it isn't him?
    Sort of but he is really really not helping himself at the moment.

    If I was banned from a forum (never have been) I would stay away and go do something else.

    I don't crave attention and I don't feel the need to be right all the time.

    Some can't let it go.

  12. #692

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    You mean a serious Sabo with an arena busting attack (go look at his face) and a serious Burgess clashed for a short period of time and Burgess came out unscathed except for a broken elbow thing and continued to throw casual Colosseum shaking elbow shockwaves?
    Come back to me when a chump can do that.
    Coloseum shaking casual attacks lol, you know in terms of destructiveness Pica is probably the most destructive, casually changing the landscape with ease but hey guess what? He's still a chump as Zoro showed us, Burgess is the same. Maybe you have a bias for this particular character but facts are facts he's not on Sabo's level. Why didn't Burgess obtain Mera Mera if he's supposedly that good? I mean he came to Dressrosa for it you would think he'd be serious too (go look at his face when his armor shatters you can see sweat droplets running down his head)

    Also, that's not his serious face that's his I'm about to wreck shit face. He had the same face against Bastille, looked rather menacing almost like he enjoyed it.



    Year of Sanji, let's go!

  13. #693
    Young Lord MadieV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Are we reading the same thing? How can he be on Doffy's level when even after his awakening Doffy is getting his ass handed to him lol, ok you can argue that the onesidedness will come to an end soon when gear fourth expires but the fact Luffy has that in his locker puts him above Doffy.
    Yes, we are reading the same manga and i'm not psychorigid with my opinions so chill. Depending on the outcome i could concede on him being above Doflamingo.

    This fight is very difficult to measure though. Doflamingo took a couple of hits from Law before. One of them said to be lethal. Luffy himself said that there's no way he's not affected by the Gamma Knife attack.

    On the other hand, Luffy was fighting at the Coliseum and then Bellamy, plus was running around like crazy, carrying Law. I'm sure he's pretty worn out but even all that isn't comparable to Law's Gamma Knife.

    We have those two now as opponents. Both handicapped. Doflamingo was tanking Luffy's attacks like they were nothing and was clearly bouncing back. Luffy was not being a pushover but was not overwhelming his opponent either before G4.

    Then we have Gear 4. In this form Luffy is Blunofying his opponent but may i say it has a time limit? I think it all depends on how much damage Luffy was able to make with his Gear Fourth and how much of Luffy's power in attacks Doflamingo was able to reduce with his haki. If DD stands up next chapter like it's nothing, then from that point on, it's going to be hard for Luffy to overwhelm Doflamingo.

  14. #694

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

    Also the wording in the last panel on the mangastream version clearly indicates it is over.
    That's the editor's note, so not really. That text is just there to hype the reader for the next chapter, and is absent from volume releases.

    There are way too many signs pointing towards it continuing for at least one more chapter.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  15. #695
    Discovered Stowaway Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    That's the editor's note, so not really.

    There are way too many signs pointing towards it continuing for at least one more chapter.
    I know what you mean Galaxy 9000, sometimes they have proven correct and sometimes not but as that was Luffy's finisher and time is running out I feel it has a better chance of being true than usual, not too mention all of a sudden we have Burgess popping up out of nowhere.

  16. #696

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I know what you mean Galaxy 9000, sometimes they have proven correct and sometimes not but as that was Luffy's finisher and time is running out I feel it has a better chance of being true than usual, not too mention all of a sudden we have Burgess popping up out of nowhere.
    But we've had fake-out endings very similar to this in the past. Moriah's first "defeat" comes to mind.

    Spoiler:


    And we've also got many things that point towards it not being the end as well. Doflamingo's glasses are still attached to his face, he didn't get a "last resort speech" (nor much dialogue in the chapter that's apparently his "defeat") that almost every other antagonist has received, and Law, the one who has the the most emotional attachment to his defeat, wasn't even present in the chapter.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  17. #697

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Verus View Post
    Why do I post those things?

    Because I feel the need to share my opinions.

    It is not that I seek attention. If did, as I said, I would mock Bleach and Naruto, which, I'm pretty sure, would bring me not only attention, but also approval.

    And then, there are occasional chapters that remind me why I loved the series, and why I still keep reading.

    In all honesty, I've re-read the entire One Piece a shortwhile ago, and I still really like the earlier stuff. I could go on for hours why plot points, action, art, characters fit together, and work for me.

    And Dressrosa lacks that for me. It is that simple.

    So I talk. And why the volume... well, it's easy to write it when you are working on a pc, and need a break from more serious stuff.
    Well, when you enjoy it that way, i just canīt deny finding it a bit odd in this extent :)
    Too sad you ainīt willing to enjoy the manga for at least a few things recently, but your overall impression makes that difficult i assume.
    You shouldnīt forget, that a story directed towards young adults, shouldnīt aim for perfect writing or no mistakes in continuity.
    For that start reading some serious literature.
    Even being able to debate about it, shows that OP has non the less reached here a high level, but itīs mainly just aiming for humourus entertainment and some action.
    So with having false hopes for it to be, you miss the ride, not saying for each person some stuff could be different to enjoy it more...but being the grumpy guy on the side mocking it over and over for these reasons...yeeah.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevilīs plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonneyīs past/Joy-Boy/Zunishaīs story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  18. #698
    Young Lord MadieV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    True it may be setup as an "Oh Shit" moment but that last hit was Luffy's finisher and as others point out it was to the stomach, the same area Law's Knife went in, perhaps the force of Luffy's attack was enough to affect Doffy's internal strings.

    It may be that Luffy's last attack was enough to stop Doffy alone, we shall see I guess.

    You never know Luffy may have more up his sleeve than just Gear 4, perhaps an awakening of his own, perhaps you don't have to be evil to awaken just face evil
    I thought the evil part of the awakening was part of the fake spoiler. Is it not? i hope it turns out to be true. I really want to see Luffy's evil side.

  19. #699
    ウサギ joekido the Second's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, my kind of place to be

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    I thought the evil part of the awakening was part of the fake spoiler. Is it not? i hope it turns out to be true. I really want to see Luffy's evil side.
    Basically dude, Luffy is already evil. He's about to find the One Piece that will throw the world in chaos.
    Currently writing a book

    https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

  20. #700
    Young Lord MadieV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Whole Cake Island

    Default Re: Chapter 785: Even if my legs were broken...

    Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Basically dude, Luffy is already evil. He's about to find the One Piece that will throw the world in chaos.
    We can't tag him as evil if he's ignorant about what he's about to unveil. All he wants to do is be Pirate King so he can be the free(er) person within his world. To achieve that, he needs to find One Piece. Nothing more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts