Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 784 : Gear Fourth

Default Re: Chapter 784 : Gear Fourth

YEEAAAAAAAAH !!!

Very Oda-ish design, Nightmare Luffy is back with goofy compression XD
    And that endless Haki, too

Too thrilled for rationality at the moment, will make actual comments later

Anyone else wind up seeing an ad for tires from that site too? Lol gotta say it timed perfectly.

I like the overall design of the attack. I can say I'm not disappointed and I like that this chapter answered a couple of my questions for what the other characters are doing while Luffy dukes it out. I can only hope they bring out their A team for when this gets animated.

so..basically gear 4th was ALL THE THEORIES made combined

-inflating muscles
    -looking like nightmare luffy
    -armament haki is part of it

at start i was the same as doflamingo,finding it stupid..but i must admit that being able to use the power up of the elasticity without the time to actually lose the time to stretch is kinda genious

only drawback...luffy kinda looks ridicolous

Yaaaay!! Gorilla Luffy lol
    We Live In An Age Where Men's Dreams Come True!!!!

I was torn for a moment by Gear 4 Luffys design but I think I love it. Certainly a callback to Nightmare Luffy, at least visually, only better.

read.

I like how it looks like a Devil Ape.

Too bad people exerted themselves on spoiler thread. Wish chapters would sometimes have 30 pages. I respect doffy.he is a tank. But if doffy did nt know how he got to mid town did he lose consiousness for a sec, should'nt birdcage have fallen? If the center of birdcage follows doffy, where is bird cage boundaries now? when did dressorosa get so small?

Love the mechanics and the design of Gear 4. Nice chapter

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G_soildier View Post
    Too bad people exerted themselves on spoiler thread. Wish chapters would sometimes have 30 pages. I respect doffy.he is a tank. But if doffy did nt know how he got to mid town did he lose consiousness for a sec, should'nt birdcage have fallen? If the center of birdcage follows doffy, where is bird cage boundaries now? when did dressorosa get so small?
    I think he was just surprised how far he flew and the Birdcage's center is where Doflamingo started the technique. It doesn't necessarily follow him
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Yeah...I really don't like the way Gear Fourth looks.

The idea behind the offensive and defensive upgrades is a good one, but it looks pretty awful.

One of the great things about Luffy is that despite being a small, unintimidating guy, he's still incredibly strong, clashing with guys many times his size.

This gear really takes away from that, in my opinion.

Of course, there's still scope for it to become more stream-lined as time goes on and Luffy uses it more.

As it is though...ugh.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeComing View Post
    Short chapter , we deserved more especially in the middle of two breaks but ...

GEAR 4 FOR THE WIN !!
    Don't go by the manga panda page count, counting the three two-page spreads in the chapter, and the colorspread, this was 19 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post

only drawback...luffy kinda looks ridicolous
    Wouldn't be One-Piece if it was any other way, would it?

I want to avoid talking about Gear 4th and spend 2 cents on what a likeable character Cavendish is when he's serious.
    I really like the character and hope we will see much more of him.
    Proud Kintama Owner

I absolutely loved this chapter.

Gear 4's goofy design is awesome. I like it.

I wasn't able to fully enjoy the chapter since it felt way too short... I was kind of hoping for a double chapter this week like with fairy tail (I know, too much),
    so the thought that I have to wait for another 2 weeks for the next chapter is too much....

I liked the idea of Gear 4 (I am sooo glad it's not a mixture of G2+G3 like in thriller bark) But I want to know more about it!
    For example, is luffy in gear 2 while he is using gear 4? I can see the smoke but it's not very obvious...

Are the attacks still named after real-life artillery?
    I know the last, but not the first two attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    Yeah...I really don't like the way Gear Fourth looks.

The idea behind the offensive and defensive upgrades is a good one, but it looks pretty awful.

One of the great things about Luffy is that despite being a small, unintimidating guy, he's still incredibly strong, clashing with guys many times his size.

This gear really takes away from that, in my opinion.

Of course, there's still scope for it to become more stream-lined as time goes on and Luffy uses it more.

As it is though...ugh.
    well most of luffy's future opponents might be huge fighters like big mama and probably kaidou.

Quote Originally Posted by D.aelthasaar View Post
    I want to avoid talking about Gear 4th and spend 2 cents on what a likeable character Cavendish is when he's serious.
    I really like the character and hope we will see much more of him.
    Seriously he could have his own series and would be better than Bleach

At first glance, I didn't really like the design but it grew on me as I continued the chapter. At least in this way, he can look more formidable and intimidating. I love how it's so creative though. Keeping his elasticity despite being clad in hardened armament haki. Plus retracting his limbs. That is badass. It really is like a mixture of the speed of Gear 2nd with the retractions shooting out like jet attacks but adding the added muscle mass to give strength like Gear 3rd. I love the shading around his eyes too. It kinda looks kabuki-esque. I really liked how Doflamingo, despite taking 2 direct and powerful looking hits is still able to move around seemingly unfazed. I have no doubt in my mind that when it's all said and done, this will have been one of the better fights in the series. Too bad there's Golden Week before we get to see the rest of the fight but I can safely say I am not disappointed; Oda has delivered once again.

Default Re: Chapter 784 Gear 4

Color spread confirms that Sanji is into necro, at least of the living dead variety. Though it could be that he's just imagining a normal living cutie gnawing on his shoulder and will soon be in for a shock.

I'll also keep Gear 4 discussion short and just say that I am pleased with Gear 4. The design is very Oda, the aspect of it still having it stil based on Luffy as a rubberman is well preserved, and the gear is more than a one-trick pony--something Luffy spent 2 years enhancing and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    I really want to know how he is able to redirect his already stretching arm.
    I'm pretty sure he is using geppou to richochet his punch off the air repeatedly in different directions.
    Last edited by Mr. Luffy; April 23rd, 2015 at 01:38 AM.

Well, that probably confirms that this isn't the last gear in the series. Although it is as powerful as it sounds, it just doesn't seem the best that Luffy can get when facing Yonkous

I wonder what kind of a disadvantage this would have. Is it possible that the elasticity gets worn out after consecutive use and doesn't have the amount of tension which is required to throw punches with power? With quite an unorthodox technique, I guess the possibilities are wide open for creativity
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information