+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need cheap cosplay suggestions (+Kuma?)

Default I need cheap cosplay suggestions (+Kuma?)

I went to my first Con this year and didn't haver time to make a costume or anything. They are going to be doing another con next year and I am thinking this time I will try and cosplay. I am a complete and utter novice and have no real idea how to make a costume so need ideas.

I'm female around 16 stone and 5'6 I'm also more of an Orihime then a Rukia if you know what I mean. (Honestly Id rather be a Rukia way way more)
    So I'm sort of limited to choices. Oh I'm also in the UK.

I don't do sexy outfits and I don't like showing a lot of skin. I also prefer male characters. I like traditional Japanese styles best but prices seem to make that a difficult option. (I've been looking for a Shinigami outfit but they costs silly money PLUS import costs on top) My budget is rather limited. Ideally I don't want to spend more then maybe 40.

I was thinking maybe attempting to make a Bartholomew Kuma costume but I'm not sure how to go about it. The hat part is simply enough as I can get one on Amazon for less then 15. It's the rest of it that's going to be difficult. Is Kuma a good option for me anyway?

Default Re: I need cheap cosplay suggestions (+Kuma?)

I think, given your criteria, that Kuma is an excellent choice. You've already got the hat down. If you can sew and don't mind the time investment, then you can hit a fabric store and just sew on the pants and shirt designs. And the book prop is pretty easy, too. Just get any hardback, print out Kuma's Bible cover and put it in one of those plastic book jacket covers to wrap around your hardback. Lastly, if your hair isn't already the right length and color, grow it, dye it, and curl it and you're good to go.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information