+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Clover

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

Default Re: Black Clover

Talking bout chapters 8-10 from SJA release yesterday

Spoiler:
    Good thing is it seems that the Wizard King isn't Short-sta's father (thank God)

As for Golden Dawn, it's most likely only one (or a few) of them are evil/rogue. But who knows.

Asta was pretty cool this chapter, I like what he said to that guy.

Asta slicing up the wind magic was cool too. I wonder what else he'll be able to pull off out of his Grimoire

I actually enjoy this series quite a bit. It does have potential

Only thing that's dragged my enjoyment down was I started hunting the raws when it looked like it wouldn't be picked up from the Jump Start program, a habit that continued to chapter 9. Glad it got picked up though...

One thing I like about Asta over Naruto is that Asta really is a hard worker. Naruto was running around pulling pranks trying to get noticed while being unable to pull of a single clone etc etc. Asta worked super hard to compensate for his lack of magic and it shows. Don't get me wrong Naruto chapter 1 was BAD ASS but really he pulled of the multiple shadow clone Jutsu in a few hours (not even that) with the help of the Kyuubi.

Sure Asta got help from the Black Grimoire but everything he does with it is pure skill.
    beware

Noelle is so adorable. Her succumbing to Asta was funny. Can't wait for more.

Discovered Stowaway Master Killer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bryannmaina View Post
    Talking bout chapters 8-10 from SJA release yesterday

Spoiler:
    Good thing is it seems that the Wizard King isn't Short-sta's father (thank God)

As for Golden Dawn, it's most likely only one (or a few) of them are evil/rogue. But who knows.

Asta was pretty cool this chapter, I like what he said to that guy.

Asta slicing up the wind magic was cool too. I wonder what else he'll be able to pull off out of his Grimoire

I actually enjoy this series quite a bit. It does have potential

Only thing that's dragged my enjoyment down was I started hunting the raws when it looked like it wouldn't be picked up from the Jump Start program, a habit that continued to chapter 9. Glad it got picked up though...

One thing I like about Asta over Naruto is that Asta really is a hard worker. Naruto was running around pulling pranks trying to get noticed while being unable to pull of a single clone etc etc. Asta worked super hard to compensate for his lack of magic and it shows. Don't get me wrong Naruto chapter 1 was BAD ASS but really he pulled of the multiple shadow clone Jutsu in a few hours (not even that) with the help of the Kyuubi.

Sure Asta got help from the Black Grimoire but everything he does with it is pure skill.
    Asta is not pure Naruto copy. They have some differences. Asta is more reckless and determined than early Naruto. But the main difference is that he doesnīt have Talk no Jutsu, so far. For me heīs a little bit too OP already, but I expect him to fail soon and keep working hard like Rock Lee did.
    Spoiler:
    I was expecting a Wizard King to look more badass, but I like that he seems to be nice guy.
    Golden Dawn gave me a bad vibe from the beginning, but I really donīt want Yuno to become a villian too. But itīs very likely he will

Quote Originally Posted by Master Killer View Post
    Asta is not pure Naruto copy. They have some differences. Asta is more reckless and determined than early Naruto. But the main difference is that he doesnīt have Talk no Jutsu, so far. For me heīs a little bit too OP already, but I expect him to fail soon and keep working hard like Rock Lee did.
    Spoiler:
    I was expecting a Wizard King to look more badass, but I like that he seems to be nice guy.
    Golden Dawn gave me a bad vibe from the beginning, but I really donīt want Yuno to become a villian too. But itīs very likely he will
    My thoughts exactly... Maybe he'll fail at
    Spoiler:
    stopping the resurrection

Yeah the WK reveal was underwhelming but I liked it. looks like a cool, humble (and carefree) guy. I like that
    beware

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I actually really liked the WK reveal, but I'm generally a big fan of the king/god who pretends to be a citizen and rewards/punishes people based on how they act.

Series is still a little too happy-go-lucky for me right now.

Asta's striking me as a rather one-note protagonist (or two-note at best?). He's got the standard try hard determination part down pat. And he's an easily impressed country bumpkin. But Tabata isn't showing much more with him, personality-wise. Similar to the problem that Horikoshi had with Sensei no Bulge's protagonist (not much depth and development in the limited given time span).

Aside from that... eh, still not a bad series, but it's stuck in mediocrity for me. Nothing really stand out about it and the execution isn't pulling me in yet.

Asta is really annoying with his constant rectangular mouth and sparkles in his eyes. I hate it when an author insists with retarded same faces like that. Same problem i had with World Trigger and the constant =3= in every page. It's not funny.
    The mangaka really sucks at conveying emotions which makes it really hard to care for any of his characters .

Quote Originally Posted by bryannmaina View Post
    My thoughts exactly... Maybe he'll fail at
    Spoiler:
    stopping the resurrection

Yeah the WK reveal was underwhelming but I liked it. looks like a cool, humble (and carefree) guy. I like that
    Spoiler:
    Speaking about ressurecting...Whom do they want to ressurect? I guess itīs a person and not some kind of Demon, because the guy calls him Master. But we wonīt know it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    I actually really liked the WK reveal, but I'm generally a big fan of the king/god who pretends to be a citizen and rewards/punishes people based on how they act.

Series is still a little too happy-go-lucky for me right now.
    I thought he will be arrogant like all Royalties weīve seen so far, but I like him being this way too.
    Yeah it needs more drama xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Asta's striking me as a rather one-note protagonist (or two-note at best?). He's got the standard try hard determination part down pat. And he's an easily impressed country bumpkin. But Tabata isn't showing much more with him, personality-wise. Similar to the problem that Horikoshi had with Sensei no Bulge's protagonist (not much depth and development in the limited given time span).

Aside from that... eh, still not a bad series, but it's stuck in mediocrity for me. Nothing really stand out about it and the execution isn't pulling me in yet.
    Yeah, heīs very simple shonen protagonist. He havenīt got much character development so far, even Noelle got more than him. But thatīs because everything goes his way. Thatīs why I want to see him fail and struggle more, maybe it can reveal something new about his personality. Also Yuno, his background, backgound of his grimoire can make it. Beside of not having complicated personality he can easily get some development, if Tabata wants of course
    Last edited by Master Killer; April 21st, 2015 at 01:03 PM.

Saturated shounen at the start, but I'm interested. The art really makes an impact and sticks with you at places. Doesn't really stand out though... I hope it picks up!

The sparrow is my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    He would make a great mascot for the series.

I haven't seen chapter 10 yet. But I'm liking Magna and Aster more than I thought I would. Still not too fond of the girl, but she's not terrible. She's at least not the tsundere that is over powered. Her lack of control keeps her somewhat amusing.

I can definitely see that happening.

Tsun dere dere bitch!

I dunno why. But I like when a series reuses fodder characters.

This guy will become a Buggy type of character in the future

Chapter 10 scanlated by Jaminisbox & not from mangapanda

http://bato.to/read/_/317643/black-clover_ch10_by_jaiminisbox

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    He would make a great mascot for the series.
    I checked again and the bird was there chilling in chapter 2
    beware

This weekīs color page:

Last edited by Master Killer; April 26th, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information