+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Clover

Default Re: Black Clover

The author really need to read a book on "Character design 101". The drunk lady who forgot to put her clothes on can't possibly be an actual design?! I think way better variation of the "bikini girl" design. This is just lazy.
    And the 9 order of wizard(?) are supposedly important characters. Yet their designs make them look like generic and uninspired background characters.
    Credit where's due.Though I did like one of the design of the Black Bull order even though I have seen it before many times.
    Spoiler:
    And the main female character (I assume) has a much better design than our main protagonist though it's still generic as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Chapter 4 was a liiiiiiiittle better. I still don't get why the MC is so hung up over that nun, though.
    Because he is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Because he is an idiot.
    Well obviously, but even then, it makes no sense unless he's going for a badly-written Bakuman romance.

Well obviously, but even then, it makes no sense unless he's going for a badly-written Bakuman romance.
    What are you talking about? Takagi & Mashiro's love story was magical

Discovered Stowaway Master Killer's Avatar

Itīs a joke I guess. But yeah itīs not funny.

Next chapters it gets a little bit better.

Personally, I don't find Black Clover's art to be static at all. Love his style.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Yeah I think the art is the best thing about the manga
    Last edited by Gokuyuske; April 9th, 2015 at 04:26 PM.

It is, but that's not really saying much.
    Last edited by Cruithne; April 9th, 2015 at 04:31 PM.

It is, but that's not really saying much.
    Did Tabata steal your lunch money or give you a bad review on Yelp or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    Did Tabata steal your lunch money or give you a bad review on Yelp or something?
    The writing is paint-by-numbers garbage and nothing about the setting or world-building is very good. I'm saying it's not a very high standard to compare his art to.

No, but he sucks donkey balls as a mangaka and that's a far worse sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    No, but he sucks donkey balls as a mangaka and that's a far worse sin.
    It's doing quite well in the ranking, as in not in the bottom 5. Of course, whether it can stay consistent in the ranking is another question. ..
    Do you see it as a long running series or it will get axed after 40+ chapters?

While I find the series utterly generic, I guess the author is doing something right to appeal to his audience?

or maybe the series just sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by xAsum0x View Post
    or maybe the series just sucks ass.
    It's the future of Jump. Deal with it.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

So much hate for this series. No one is forcing you guys to read generic shonens. There is a ton of other stuff out there.

And yeah I understand that it's taking a slot in Jump that could go to some "better" manga, but if it's what the people want, that is what Jump gives them.

Eeeehh. . . .shouldn't the mangaka be put behind fucking bars for the last panel in here? Unless it's a mistranslation, I see like 5 things wrong with just that one panel.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Eeeehh. . . .shouldn't the mangaka be put behind fucking bars for the last panel in here? Unless it's a mistranslation, I see like 5 things wrong with just that one panel.
    Didn't Berserk done it worse?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Didn't Berserk done it worse?
    First, I shit you not I first read "You can buy my sister with your money" and I nearly jumped out of my seat. On second read, it says "buy my sister wathever she likes".

But still? Nose-bleeding while talking about his infant little sister and showing far too much love for her and looking like a creep and inviting others to buy her stuff? That's fucking creepy.

I forgot which Berserk scene had creepy underage incest, but it's been years since I last read it. . .

It's like reading a train wreck

Discovered Stowaway Master Killer's Avatar

Itīs a fraternal love, I guess xD

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

First, I shit you not I first read "You can buy my sister with your money" and I nearly jumped out of my seat. On second read, it says "buy my sister wathever she likes".

But still? Nose-bleeding while talking about his infant little sister and showing far too much love for her and looking like a creep and inviting others to buy her stuff? That's fucking creepy.

I forgot which Berserk scene had creepy underage incest, but it's been years since I last read it. . .
    Yeah nose-blooding is creepy. Itīs have to be some explanation for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information