Thread: Chapter 781: "Long-Cherished Desire"

Default Chapter 781: "Long-Cherished Desire"

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/781

Aohige's Summary

Spoiler:

Chapter 781 true wish
    (or ambition)

Jinbe
    The Sea Monsters allows the fishermen to use them as ships for fishing, in apology

The Birdcage is closing in, shredding buildings on the way.
    The citizens scramble towards the center of town to avoid getting shredded.

Doflamingo tells Luffy he had no intention of letting anyone live, the game has changed.
    In about one hour, everyone in this nation will be dead from the shrinking birdcage.

Marines scramble to save the citizens, while Usopp panics and King Riku curses Dofla for his cruelty.
    Usopp realizes the only way to stop this is for Luffy to beat the snot out of Doflamingo, and cheers on.

Luffy tells Doflamingo, that all he has to do to end this is beat him, and lunges towards him.
    As Luffy prepares Gomu Gomu attack and Doflamingo readies himself to counter,

"Shambles"

Law appears right next to Doflamingo while his attention is on Luffy, and stabs him with a Ope Ope knife.
    "Gamma Knife!"

The attack destroys the opponent from the inside, and Doflamingo screams in pain!
    Trebol doesn't understand how Law is alive, or the fact he's using Ope Ope ability without a ROOM...
    But Law tells him, oh we're inside ROOM alright.

We see that a MASSIVE ROOM is covering the area, miles out from the palace.
    Law says this costs him some life, but he managed to maintain this gigantic ROOM this entire time, just to wait for this one opening...!

Flashback, after taking a few shots from Doflamingo (which missed his vital organs), he used Shambles to swap himself with another body from down stairs.
    He put his hat on the body he swapped with, to make it look like himself. (The man was wearing a dark shirt and light pants, similar to Law)

Later, when Luffy was enraged and ready to kick ass, Law teleported behind him to tell him his plans. (This was the final panel from last chapter)

Doflamingo falls to his knees. He tries one last attempt to kill Law, but Law thinks even he manages to do so, Dofla will die.
    Luffy blows away Dofla with JET Stamp, and lunges to follow up, but Law stops him and gets up to walk towards Dofla to finish him himself.
    Law tells Dofla that Gamma Knife destroys the internal organs, as a doctor I assure you you will die.
    Trebol enraged lunges towards Law, but is easily kicked aside by Luffy.

Law condemns Dofla for the last time for what he did to Cora, and told him Cora would never have pulled that trigger anyways. I WOULD HAVE.
    Dofla agrees, he tells Law that Law is just like himself.

Law tells Dofla he should have been the one to die that day.
    Dofla tells Law he'll tell him what he wanted to hear. That Corazon was useless, annoying, and he feels glad to off him that day.. is that what you want to hear?
    Law doesn't let him finish the sentence, and attacks him with full might Counter Shock.

Law, exhausted, falls to the ground.... and Doflamingo gets back up!
    Given enough time, Dofla can operate on himself using strings. His strings are working as they speak to fix up the vital organs.
    Devil fruit abilities are very flexible in use, you see...?

Dofla raises his foot to stomp on Law's head, to finish him off. But Luffy stops his foot with his own. (look badass and casual too!)

The two glare at each other.

The final battle is about to begin.

End of chapter

Default Re: Chapter 781: Long-Cherished Desire

Luffy was awesome this chapter .

What, that's it? Quite a short chapter.

So he's repairing himself, does that mean Luffy isn't facing a handicapped Doflamingo?

Spoiler:

I don't know about you but did anyone notice when Trebol berated Doflamingo during his fight. One of the pages he says to him that a king should not be on his knees. It just gives me even more suspicion that there is a reason why Trebol is still standing with Doflamingo.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/781/11

Chapter was great.

#Respect to the henchman who died in Law's place (Probably the only person who died in Dressrosa on panel)

Chapter is simultaneously awesome and bullshit.

And now it's time for the final final final battle.

....that already started a while ago but alright, make it a good one Oda.

No more interruptions from Bellamy or Law or anyone else at least.

Discovered Stowaway Farsighted Annie's Avatar

Everyone who was actually fighting in this chapter was awesome . It's about time We're getting closer to completing dressrosa. For, as much as I like parts of this arc, I've been getting a bad case of arc fatigue recently. Wow, I got some potential shipping fuel with Law x Corazon .
    It looks like Law just might sit the next fight out .

OMG, This chapter was awesome!!

I knew Law was still alive and the shit he pulled in this chapter was fantastic and clever! Also, that last panel looks pretty cool too!:D
    Last edited by joesephes; March 26th, 2015 at 01:26 AM.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/5/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Doflamingo saying everyone on the island is going to die? He does realize a god damn Admiral and the second in command of the revolutionary army are slowly moving towards him right?

of course law can swap clothes xDso doffy isnt gonna die from that? damn it! loli thought laws plan was to have kaidou kill him, unless doing it now is the only way for the birdcage to endnice chap

I love the way Luffy casually stops Doflamingo's kick though, you just know it's about to go down! Loved the tag team work in this chapter too, great chapter overall!

OK my summary

- Winbe for da win. The kid with 10 is there again <3
    - I hate Law's super haxxed fruit
    - I'm afraid that Trebol will be the next seat, which will be a dissapointment
    - Dat Luffy glare was absolutely awesome

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Luffy´s leg didn´t get black when kicked Trébol, colorless haki it is actually still a thing.

I got slightly worried for a second that Doflamingo might get beaten too easily... But oh man, Oda didn't disappoint. That last page with Luffy is way too cool. I expected him to just punch Doffy to stop the kick, like he's previously done to many villains. But this worked much better. I'm super hyped for the next chapter!

The luffy leg stop + glare made the chapter for me, everything else was, meh

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Luffy´s leg didn´t get black when kicked Trébol, colorless haki it is actually still a thing.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrik View Post
    So he's repairing himself, does that mean Luffy isn't facing a handicapped Doflamingo?
    No, he said it was simply a first aid measure. His strings are working to sustain the damage and not make it worse. So he's still definitely handicapped.

This ability doesn't surprise me though, as the first person in the series looking for Immortality it makes perfect sense that he'd try to make his powers somehow serve in maintaining his life outside fights.

Trebol either has to be taken out or go away because right now he's nothing more than a glorious spectator.

That Luffy face...so good.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Wow, that was amazing! I like how Luffy just swatted Trebol away like he was nothing. Another set up chapter, but I think it was very well done Law gets his last hits in and final words before he gets incapacitated for the fight now it's Luffy vs Doflamingo for good. Damn I can't wait for next chapter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information