+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Bless Donald for the naming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    Bless Donald for the naming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spoiler:
    Hubert, Dewford, and Llewellyn arenít exactly normal names either, but I agree better than Dellaís choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Great episode.
    Spoiler:
    Dang, this entire episode had really great character development for both Della and Louie. I like that Louie was the one that was hesitated about Della being back in the family. I like that reference back to the first episode of the series with Della causing trouble in the garage which cause Scrooge to come in to see what's going on as well the continuation reference that Magica is still around that Louie thought this might been trap by her. Also we got an update on Donald on the moon and being captured by Lunaris.

Oh shit!
    Spoiler:
    Powerline is canon!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Oh shit!
    Spoiler:
    Powerline is canon!
    My favorite part in a really fun episode.
    Last edited by Gizmo; May 14th, 2019 at 08:41 AM.
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Della Episode
    Spoiler:
    So good. The part where she reunites with Scrooge was beautiful. The whole episode was good. Glad they're not gonna BS us by getting rid of Della and have her fit into the family. That interaction with Launchpad does raise a question on what will happen now that Della's back. Why use him when they have a better pilot? Maybe that's the show's way to fazing him out and into a Darkwing reboot. Or, Della goes away again, boo. Points to Louie for being skeptical. I would've thought parallel universe version too.

Money Tree ep.
    Spoiler:
    A Dewey episode I actually love? Wow! I don't hate Dewey, but too much of him grates on me. Glad he's the first going on a 1on1 adventure with Della. Can't wait for Huey and Louie's episodes with her. Webby too. Love Scrooge calling both Della and Dewey "kids". Also, love the hints at Della's PTSD with her talking about the moon mites and remember exit routes. It's the little things that makes this series work.

Owl lady is gonna try to kill Glomgold, I just know it. Surprised she hasn't already. And, Von Drake! Love him. Why is he dead? Well, if they make a Darkwing reboot they can always bring him back some way to lead SHUSH again. Just give the damn reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    The episode title for Friday's May 17th is out. And the episode is called "The Duck Knight Returns!".
    Don't mess with me, show. Darkwing Duck better be real. The in-universe show is based off real events. Just do it already. I'm waiting.

NNID: jervinnectar

Clip from the upcoming Darkwing Duck episode

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/...ales-clip/amp/

Great episode.

Spoiler:
    I didn't expect an reference to The Goofy Movie to be on Ducktales as well a reference to Gosalyn's grandpa color password from the Darkwing Duck pilot episode, "Darkly Dawns The Night". I'm fine with Dewey getting the first adventure episode with Della, since this episode was a big payoff to Dewey's entire storyline back in season 1. This is another episode that Glomgold continues to be the best character of the series.

Good episode.
    Spoiler:
    I'm happy that Lena is back. I got a feeling that Magica will be back eventually to get her amulet. I really like the character development for both Mrs. Beakley and Lanuchpad with their friendship for Darkwing Duck. Also I got a laugh about Mrs. Beakley's reaction that Darkwing Duck got canceled before it got an proper conclusion.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Here's a clip from tomorrow's episode of Ducktales, "The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee!". From the clip, so far I really enjoyed Jameela Jamil's performance as Gandra Dee.
    Last edited by Sano; May 15th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

Webby Episode
    Spoiler:
    Nice. I'd forgotten about Lena but I'm glad she's back and they didn't go the new friend is evil route. Also cool we're getting varied character designs. I wonder if the show will play with the concept of 3 girls VS 3 boys. Each side has an adventure lover, smart person, and snarky kid. Hey, skip the VS and have the girls go on an adventure with Beakley.

Nice side story with Mrs. Beakley and Launchpad. Again, a normal cartoon would have them go their separate ways at the end after some shenanigans but we got to see them bond over something in common. Glad we didn't see Magica yet. Maybe she'll be an actual threat next time.

Hm. Think we've seen all the preview character designs but Bubba. I'm looking forward to what they do with him since I doubt he'll become a regular.

Edit: Gandra D episode
    Spoiler:
    One of the best episodes of May block. Huey and Webby make a great team. Fenton is great. He's got the hang of the suit but wanting to be known as a scientist is great conflict. His mom's great. Everyone in the episode was great. No unnecessary characters or cameos, just a good story.

Gandra D herself is a big upgrade from the 80's version. Love her being a questionable scientist. Even without working for Mark Beaks, her experimenting on herself is a clear sign she'll do almost anything for science. What a great personality for Fenton to bounce off. Speaking of Beaks, he's become my favorite villain in the show. He's goofy, but also a capable villain. I also like he's pretty much Gizmoduck's antagonist now, not Scrooge's. And, Huey's singing, holy crap! Really conflicted over this and Della's reunion as the best episode of May.
    Last edited by Nectar; May 16th, 2019 at 07:05 AM.

Great episode.

Spoiler:
    The reboot version of Gandra Dee is awesome. I prefer this version then the original series of her, I hope we get to see more Gandra Dee in the future. I got a laugh out of Mark sneaking into the Money Bin as well the Gizmo Duck vs. the Dr. Doofenshmirtz look alike.

Spoiler:
    I certainly didn't saw Negaduck coming like that.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Duck Knight Rises
    Spoiler:
    watched it On Demand last night. It was kind of a roundabout way of getting DW into "reality".

Jim Starling's mental descent is a great showcase of how DW's egotistic personality could spiral out of control without the moral grounding he also had (likely not having a sidekick or daughter to keep him straight and narrow). I'm really intrigued to see where they take him now. Also if hes going to recruit other people to recreate DW villains.

The skewering of how nostalgia movies are made with a cynical director, out of touch meddling producer (Scrooge) and inane focus group (Dewey) while ignoring the True Fans (Launchpad) was the cherry on top of a fantastic ep. Darkwing disliking Gizmoduck was a great touch!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Oh Snap!! Great episode to end this current run of new episodes.

Spoiler:
    I didn't excepted the Darkwing movie actor was going to be Drake Mallard. I like that Drake and Launchpad build a friendship together. Jim's downward spiral throughout the episode is really intense that it reminds me of the Clayface introduction episodes of Batman: The Animated Series. Once Jim bought out, Negaduck's signature weapon, I knew he would become Negaduck. The final scene of the episode with Jim fully becoming Negaduck is one of the creepiest moments on the show so far. I hope we get to see more Darkwing as well Negaduck

I can't wait for the new episodes to start up again in September.

Spoiler:
    I just realized that since Della came back to pilot the Cloud Slayer, Launchpad can become DW's full time driver.

I forgot to mention the promo for the upcoming episodes in September.

Spoiler:
    From the preview, I'm really looking forward for the episode with Mark Beaks, Goldie, and Louie at Doofus' house for what it looks like a party.

They did it!

Spoiler:
    I went through the entire damn episode trying to put aside my desire to have Darkwing real but they did it! Sure, I got no idea how they're going to handle bringing in the Fearsome Four if they were just TV characters, but they did it. I didn't even think about not knowing that guy's name. Great revelation. Yeah, I noticed he looked like Darkwing, but him playing the character in a movie justified it. Brilliant misdirection. And, Jim Sterling becoming Negaduck is perfection.

It can work. Della's the family pilot now, Launchpad and Drake are friends, Drake's can-do personality coupled with slapstick and a pinch of acting ego. It can really work. Did I mention Negaduck? The if is over, now it's all about when the new series starts.

Oh, and Dewey was annoying.

Spoiler:
    So this is like if a Batman fan decided to become Batman in real life and his archenemy was Adam West.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    And, Jim Sterling becoming Negaduck is perfection.
    Spoiler:
    Jim Starling. I just bring it up because if Jim Sterling, the reviewer, actually became Negaduck, that would be beyond glorious.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information