+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

Good thing they didn't flat out make Mark Beaks out to be a villain just yet though I am quite curious what direction they will be taking him and whether they are setting him up as the main season 1 villain (or whether this space is reserved for Magica unless she is season 2's). They made him ominous enough for it with a lot of space to grow as well into something more sinister.

Ok, serious question about the new episode. I am at work and therefore cannot watch it yet.

Is Scrooge in this one? Like, more than a brief cameo? That's been my one issue with the show so far. I love what they're doing with the kids, but the focus is supposed to also be on Scrooge and Adventuring and I feel we haven't gotten almost any of that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Yes, Scrooge is on this week episode. He's in other storyline in the episode with Glomgold.

Spoiler:
    Also this upcoming week episode, its look like its mostly will be focusing on Scrooge, Launchpad, and Louie.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

There will only be one more episode in this entire season where Scrooge DOESN'T appear. I mean I reckon he's not gonna be central to the plot in every single one of them, as this tweet was also specifically pointing out how they're giving different characters the spotlight in different episodes, but... yeah. There are four episodes where Scrooge doesn't appear. Disney XD for some reason decided it was a good idea to air three of them almost immediately.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Pretty good episode this week. When Scrooge was worried about Louie and Webby when they were lost, and he said that he needs to find his kids was some good character development. Launchpad continues to be very funny as usual.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Looks like this was the last episode for awhile, with no new episodes on the schedule for a bit.

Really liked this episode too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Wait, they're actually showing episodes without Scrooge? The hell? That's like Rick and Morty not having Rick appear in the episode, or Pokemon not having Ash, or Avatar not having Aang! I mean come on!

You have one job Ducktales, one job! (Giving us some good good david tennant duckyness)
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

There is an episode of Avatar without Aang, though, and several more where he's barely there at all.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Doesn't the title remain accurate as long as they are tales about ducks?

In any case, Tenant's Scrooge is great and all, but I miss Alan Young too much, so I miss Tenant comparatively less.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    or Pokemon not having Ash.
    Which a significant portion of the fanbase and viewers of the various specials and such didn't mind much.

You have one job Ducktales, one job! (Giving us some good good david tennant duckyness)
    Not foe nothing and not to knock him in anyway but his Scrooge is weird sounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I'm fine with there being episodes without Scrooge, but it was absolutely a mistake to stack that many of them at the very start of the released episodes. Half of the first six shouldn't have been Scrooge-less.

And Tennant's Scrooge is fine, but it is still weird because he just sounds like Tennant.

Wait, they're actually showing episodes without Scrooge? The hell? That's like Rick and Morty not having Rick appear in the episode, or Pokemon not having Ash, or Avatar not having Aang! I mean come on!

Old Ducktales also had some episodes without Scrooge. Like Sir Gyro de Gearloose.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    but it was absolutely a mistake to stack that many of them at the very start of the released episodes. Half of the first six shouldn't have been Scrooge-less.
    Yeah, that really felt like a bit too much.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Saw that vid. Maybe the Huey episode focuses on Scrooge/Huey given he’s the only one that hasn’t had a “buddy” episode yet, but overall, the only two grievances were omitting the Huey ep and having the two Lena episodes back to back (which also hurts given the line about them being an adventure family even though due to the airing they’ve only been on 1 adventure), and the second Lena episode was Huey focused.

Overall, even if the episodes were aired in the proper order, the focus has been frontloaded with focus on the kids, especially Webby. And even when Scrooge is around he’s mostly off doing his own thing like in the Dime episode or the Mark Veaks episode.

I’m enjoying the series though, a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

From what we do know so far is that the Huey episode is going to be a adventure episode. And also we got one more episode without Scrooge this season.

The next new episode of Ducktales is on December 2nd.

Spoiler:
    The episode is called "The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest!".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information