+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn Nine Nine

Default Brooklyn Nine Nine

Brooklyn Nine Nine is a new show from Michael Schur (1/2 of the creators of Parks and Rec) and Daniel J. Goor (longtime writer of Parks and Rec.) It stars Andy Samberg, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio, and Andre Baugher. It airs Tuesday nights on Fox at 8:30 EST.

The Pilot aired tonight, and I have to say, it's off to a strong start. The ensemble is definitely great, and the writing is smart. There weren't too many laugh out loud jokes, but I was chuckling almost the entire time. And I love the framing. It has a very mockumentary/Cops vibe in the camera work and style, but not once is the camera/audience ever addressed. Oh, and there's no laugh track. It fits right in with the strong Tuesday night block for Fox that is New Girl and The Mindy Project (though this is leagues behind New Girl in terms of quality), and it just shows how much Dads sucks.

Anyway, it will be up on Hulu tomorrow, so you should definitely check it out. The pilot, while not the funniest episode of television I have ever watched, definitely showed a lot of promise.
    Last edited by Nex; September 17th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Default Re: Brooklyn Nine Nine

Andre Braugher gains about 200 more points on a scale of 1 to 10 in awesome.

Yeah from the first shot I could tell this show wasn't aiming to break new ground but just be funny. Which it was. As long as there are liberal amounts of terry crews I'm inboard for the long haul.

I didn't like the captain being gay though. I feel like they setting up for jokes/senario's regarding it and I don't want to see that. If they just let it be and don't make a big deal out of it then I'll be fine with it.
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

I think the point is, they didn't make a big deal out of it. Like he said, he doesn't keep it a secret. The joke about it in the episode wasn't about him, and it definitely wasn't at him, it was that Peralta didn't realize it. Considering the writing staff on this show, I think it's safe to say they're going to avoid ever even getting within 100 miles of Glee and Modern Family territory on the subject.

I feel like the captain being gay was probably what MADE the episode for me. It was a very tasteful sequence and I feel like it cements that the show's pretty much in good hands. I highly doubt the writers intend to go the "easy" route with this.

Well I REALLY hope you guys are right about this because I'm really getting tired of seeing that stuff presented the way it is in the aforementioned glee and modern family. Honestly I won't even be happy if they go the way of Scott pilgrim vs the world where the character himself is cool and not overly flamboyant but then there are really gay situations going on around or with them. (Ex. We hear the captain on the phone and then he hangs up and we cut to a shot of his house and there is some gay orgy going on.)

Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    Well I REALLY hope you guys are right about this because I'm really getting tired of seeing that stuff presented the way it is in the aforementioned glee and modern family. Honestly I won't even be happy if they go the way of Scott pilgrim vs the world where the character himself is cool and not overly flamboyant but then there are really gay situations going on around or with them. (Ex. We hear the captain on the phone and then he hangs up and we cut to a shot of his house and there is some gay orgy going on.)
    Yeah they would never do that on regular TV and especially on this show. Agree with Kitsune that the Captain letting Peralta know he was gay when everyone else know was the best part of the episode

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Just watched the pilot episode and it made me laugh quite a bit, all the characters were enjoyable. Definitely gonna watch this one.

Loved the premiere, I'm following this first season for sure. For some reason, though, I was expecting 40-minute long episodes.

Where should I watch this?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Hulu, it's free.

And iTunes has the premiere up for free as well.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

Just watched Episode 3. Chelsea Peretti is probably the best thing ever.

Just watched Episode 4. No Chelsea Peretti is probably the worst thing ever.

Agreed. This one wasn't as funny as the other three. Still good though. :)
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! Loved this episode. Especially the "I can't read captain holt" flashbacks.
    "Get your act together or so help me god you won't Live to see retirement!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Agreed. This one wasn't as funny as the other three. Still good though. :)
    I thought this was the best yet...

Mmmh the show is growing on me. One could say I like it. I hope it continues to get better and better. My favorite bit this week is captain ray and gina rusing terry at the shooting range.

I don't think it was that funny but the joke with terry's in law cracked me up bad.
    I'm going to get a pickle now...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information