+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108

Thread: Westworld (HBO series)

  1. #1
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Westworld (HBO series)


  2. #2

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Looks good, was looking forward to this ever since the first 30 second teaser came up and that was like almost a year ago lol.

    Love Crichton's film and I think Ed Harris will make an excellent villain.

    3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

  3. #3
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    This plus the porn series by David Simon are one of the few series that I'm looking forward to. Perhaps the Twin Peaks continuation aswell.

  4. #4
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    looks phenomena. hopefully it's not one of those taht looks good and ends up being shit. But man can HBO get anymore awesome tv shows? They seem to have all of them. They are the powerhouse of tv really.

  5. #5
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Veris View Post
    looks phenomena. hopefully it's not one of those taht looks good and ends up being shit. But man can HBO get anymore awesome tv shows? They seem to have all of them. They are the powerhouse of tv really.
    The last good HBO series (not counting mini series ) was Treme and True Detective S1. I've yet to watch Silicon Valley.

  6. #6
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    The last good HBO series (not counting mini series ) was Treme and True Detective S1. I've yet to watch Silicon Valley.
    true. sillicon valley is great.

    Also, I'm surprised nobody has made a fargo thread. It's the best new tv show.

  7. #7
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Veris View Post
    true. sillicon valley is great.

    Also, I'm surprised nobody has made a fargo thread. It's the best new tv show.
    I'm waiting for Fargo to end to be honest. From 2015, I loved the finale of Mad Men, slightly disappointed with the finale of Boardwalk Empire (series had so much potential but Post S3 disappointed me), Mr Robot (best new show of 2015) and Narcos.

    I'll watch Silicon Valley some time soon.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    Boardwalk Empire (series had so much potential but Post S3 disappointed me)
    That's what a couple of unnecessary deaths in season 4, an unexpected cancellation leading to a compressed 5th and final season which jumped the story ahead 8 years and dropped a few plot lines and characters from the preceeding season gets you.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 21st, 2016 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #9
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    That's what a couple of unnecessary deaths in season 4, an unexpected cancellation leading to a compressed 5th and final season which jumped the story ahead 8 years and dropped a few plot lines and characters from the preceeding season gets you.
    Telling us 'Hey btw, Arnold Rothstein is dead!' sucked major cojones. Jimmy needed more screen time, didn't like this character. Tony Blundetto, Ralphie, Phil Leotardo and Richie Aprile all had short screen time
    Spoiler:
    (Phil Leotardo being in S5/S6A/S6B, Ralphie in S3/S4,Richie only in S2 and Blundetto only appearing in S5
    yet were far more interesting, fleshed out/developed/characterised characters. . At-least Knucky, Chalky White and Harold were still interesting characters. Gyp was also an entertaining antagonist.

    Basically, The Sopranos is a masterpiece while Boardwalk Empire was interesting but needed consistent writing in it's later seasons.

  10. #10
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    I'm waiting for Fargo to end to be honest. From 2015, I loved the finale of Mad Men, slightly disappointed with the finale of Boardwalk Empire (series had so much potential but Post S3 disappointed me), Mr Robot (best new show of 2015) and Narcos.

    I'll watch Silicon Valley some time soon.
    SV is just something fun to watch you know and enjoy it. We should make a best new tv show list or most underrated tv shows right now.

    Idk if im interested in mr robot. But westwrold might be the only decent sci fi tv show. Those things are really rare and the talent behind it is real, so i hope it's good.

  11. #11
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Veris View Post
    SV is just something fun to watch you know and enjoy it. We should make a best new tv show list or most underrated tv shows right now.

    Idk if im interested in mr robot. But westwrold might be the only decent sci fi tv show. Those things are really rare and the talent behind it is real, so i hope it's good.
    You can judge my tastes via this thread I made.
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=44095

  12. #12
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    You can judge my tastes via this thread I made.
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=44095
    maybe a best "new tv show" thread. Stuf people are kind of passing under the radar. I mean breaking bad nor game of thrones was that popular when they first came out during season 1.

  13. #13
    Just Legendary LegendarySSJ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere close by

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Veris View Post
    maybe a best "new tv show" thread. Stuf people are kind of passing under the radar. I mean breaking bad nor game of thrones was that popular when they first came out during season 1.
    Feel free to make a topic.
    The Last Kingdom was also an excellent new series, aired last year.
    Last edited by LegendarySSJ4; June 22nd, 2016 at 07:17 PM.

  14. #14
    They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Did anyone watch yesterday's premier?

    I was right and well intrigued by it. At the moment it seems hard to visualize a continuing series out of this but I'm sure as more episodes are aired it'll start to show plans for the future.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

  15. #15
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Great talent in front and behind the camera and a really great pilot episode. I am definitely hooked and am glad a sci fi show could possibly get a big breakthrough the way game of thrones did it for the fantasy genre.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  16. #16
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Looking good so far. I only started watching this, because I regularly work on promos for this and got intrigued by the acting and the characters. Seriously, I think the did a damn good job moving like "machines" when for example they're ordered to stay still after a fit.


  17. #17
    Takoyaki? Selph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Finally some great television

    I was very intrigued when I saw the trailer for the show. Now after seeing two episodes I'm really pissed off there haven't been more episodes aired.

    The production of this theme park is really inspiring and almost infinitely mysteriously the vastness explained by newcomers and programmers and writers really is luring for the mind.

    Spoiler:
    What really intrigues me are a few things

    How scary is Dolores? Being the first host made, she certainly has layers upon layers of madness just ticking like a timebomb waiting to be unleashed on innocent people
    What makes me so freaked out is how dangerous such an experienced android can be. I mean she must know the inner most workings of humans and has a genuine hate for mankind thanks to our friend the man in black

    Speaking of the man in black, his quest for the maze is so crazy it's just a ride really

    And then the brilliance of Ford the main programmer is so well written it's magic

    The ambitious writer who articulates what the fuck to the max is hilarious

    I wonder what management is up to.

    Could there be someone sabotaging the programming? Maybe Dolores? Who knows.


    And the music! woooow.
    Last edited by Selph; October 9th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.

  18. #18
    UNTITLED xan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somwhere around the Indus Valley

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    I just finished watching the third and latest episode and heck I like where it's going so far. Couple of things...

    Spoiler:

    1) In the 3rd episode, is Dolores doing time jumps? Remember that scene where she holds a gun in her room and after some time it goes away (not sure if I got this right). Is it the same gun she uses to kill the guy? Also, we see her get shot once and then she somehow goes back few seconds in time again before getting shot and escapes. Is she jumping time or is this something else? That's either just a time jump or she has somehow attained precognition powers which would seem more like an evolutionary advantage against humans. Perhaps the precog abilities could be tapped out from the collective experiences of the other hosts too which would be pretty fucking insane if that happens I would say

    2) Are they planning to bring religion into this? The shots of church domes being shown perhaps gives a hint about how they are planning to create some sort of a cult to start it off. This would be a crazed up hypothetical scene if they bring in religion - a human made concept which lacks theoretical logic into rule-bound robots who are having an ever increasing amount of emotional intelligence.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

  19. #19

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    I just finished watching the third and latest episode and heck I like where it's going so far. Couple of things...

    Spoiler:

    1) In the 3rd episode, is Dolores doing time jumps? Remember that scene where she holds a gun in her room and after some time it goes away (not sure if I got this right). Is it the same gun she uses to kill the guy? Also, we see her get shot once and then she somehow goes back few seconds in time again before getting shot and escapes. Is she jumping time or is this something else? That's either just a time jump or she has somehow attained precognition powers which would seem more like an evolutionary advantage against humans. Perhaps the precog abilities could be tapped out from the collective experiences of the other hosts too which would be pretty fucking insane if that happens I would say
    Spoiler:

    I think it's just supposed to be her remembering previous cycles. She remembered that guy was going to shoot her, so she rode off instead. The gun thing may have been her remembering that when she found it she hid it in her drawer, but on the current cycle it wasn't there anymore.

  20. #20
    UNTITLED xan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somwhere around the Indus Valley

    Default Re: Westworld (HBO series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Spoiler:

    I think it's just supposed to be her remembering previous cycles. She remembered that guy was going to shoot her, so she rode off instead. The gun thing may have been her remembering that when she found it she hid it in her drawer, but on the current cycle it wasn't there anymore.
    Spoiler:

    I think that make sense for the first one. But for the 2nd one with the gun not being present, if she realized that the gun wasn't with her anymore, does it mean that someone had kept it in that room knowing that she would need it at some point in time when she gets attacked there? Or was it just to show implicitly that she has taken the gun and kept it there hence it was missing in her own room
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts