+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 3

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Borderlands 3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...3-announcement

At PAX South Pitchford teased BL3 announcement

No details other than the title being "Borderlands 3"

I still haven't even played the Pre-Sequel yet...
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: Borderlands 3

Amazing. I wonder if they will update graphics engine, I hope art style stays same but new engine would allow more flexible physics.

Can't wait for it. I'm still playing the pre-sequal.

I see myself passing on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I passed on the pre-sequel but I could see myself giving BL3 a shot IF they rebalance the stats/loot better. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a spot where the weaker enemies give you 0 EXP but can still easily kill you, yet fighting tougher enemies sucks because you can't get a good gun because their loot system is such an extreme hit-or-miss thing. That's what wore me down with BL2

Never had issues getting guns tbh then again I usually didn't rely on enemies I got my weapons from either quests or the shop (except for the minecraft shotgun)
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

So for a while now, we had rumours about the new playable classes. And it seems like that they were true, considering that we have pics now. Since its not officially announced, we should still take it with a grain of salt. But to me, it seems like the real deal.
    I love the Borderlands Series and im so happy that we finally have something solid. Game announcement is still month away, probably pax east 2019.

Here are the pics of the classes, only 3 out of 4...

Spoiler:

The Bot Jock Class is actually rendered because this character was already, pretty much, done. Its the one that was shown at the GDC 2017 Tech Demo. The other 3 are still concept arts.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Takto; December 8th, 2018 at 12:10 PM.

https://youtu.be/LkHNbsQMxPI

Freaking Yes!!! Finally

New trailer is out.

Oh wow, I thought there already was a Borderlands 2.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Oh wow, I thought there already was a Borderlands 2.
    They did say that they were working on this ever since Borderlands 2 finished... Guess they didn't have a lot to work on!

I wouldn't care if I didn't love the cast of Tales from the Borderlands so much and know they are returning. Glad to see Rhys and Zero hanging out. I'm wondering if the girls still work with him.

I'm down, but I'm going to need to find people to play this with, cause Borderlands 2 alone was not fun and became a chore real quick.

I'm loving the amount comments i'm finding about Rhys mustache .
    So far i'm liking what i'm seeing within the trailer, hope we have quest with Ellie reminiscing about Scooter .

Besides Borderlands 3, we also getting a remastered of Borderlands 1 and that comes out next week.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...preorder-guide

I was kinda disappointed in the Trailer, but it was only because of the extreme expactations i had for it. I imagined something else as a Trailer, but once my headcanon was destroyed i replayed it and i liked it.
    Too bad that there is no release date :(...but its coming out this year for sure. Its my most anticipated game ever and i know its gonna be more fun than Borderlands 2. Its just BL2 but way advanced and enhanced.

What i like about the trailer:

- It looks like more of the same, even though i know that there are major steps forward in all regards(but more of the same is all the peeps wanted for years)
    - The looks of the four new classes(Moze is probably my first main, even though they all look fun)
    - returning Tales from the Borderlands characters(while the game mechanic is not my cup of tea, the characters and story were cool and interesting)
    - WE ARE LEAVING PANDORA!(when referring to the positive side of Pandora..."at least you are not on Promethea!" guess what...we go to Promethea and Eden 6!)

What i dont like:

- Abilities of Flak the Beastmaster and Zane the Operative. Flaks pets dont seem that cool or interesting. Dont know what to expect. What i expect is, that you can make badass versions of the pets or even super/ultimate badasses. Then it will indeed be fun. Zanes is apperently just a decoy, like Zero. Dont know why they feel the need to do that. But it also seems that he has some kind of drone. Hopefully we will see more of them on april 3.

Other stuff:

- The Villains, the Calypsos Twins Tyreen and Troy. They seem cool and interesting, but im not convinced that they are good villains. I dont expect them to beat Handsome Jack, as one of the best game villains ever, but lets see how that plays out. What im sure about is, that they are way more powerful than Handsome Jack.

- The weapons so far seem over the top. They look crazy. But its just a few out of many types, so i dont have a verdict now. Most important thing for me is, in regards of weapons, the feedback. When you shoot, you have to feel great. Borderlands 2 does a good job with it, but it needs serious improvements.

- Epic Store Exclusive. Since GB and Epic are buddies, they might help the Epic Store. We dont know yet, but its a high possibility. Even though i dont care myself, i feel bad for the outrage and backlash :(

In conclusion: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

My only beef with the trailer is that since I followed the leaks it was cool but not really surprising.
    What I wanted was to see some actual gameplay, a side quest or so, but I guess that's what's coming in a week when Gearbox does their thing.

As for judging the villains, c'mon, we can't do that now, we don't actually have nothing to judge them on.
    Jack is a great villain because you've played the whole BL2 game and got to know him before shooting him in the face. Gotta do that to the twins before reaching a veredict.

And I don't think it will be an Epic Store exclusive. They just announced the HD updates/remasters of BL1&2 for all consoles, including pc/steam. And some big figure at Gearbox or Take2 was asked about the Epic Store a couple of weeks ago and said they liked selling their games to everyone.

Handsome Jack is still one of my favorite villains of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Handsome Jack is still one of my favorite villains of all time.
    Yeah he is great. Did you ever play Tales from the Borderlands? I would recommend it. Its enough to watch a walkthrough. The later Parts are amazing and the game made Handsome Jack even more "likeable"

Glad that here are few peeps whom like the franchise. Oh man i cant wait.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    My only beef with the trailer is that since I followed the leaks it was cool but not really surprising.
    What I wanted was to see some actual gameplay, a side quest or so, but I guess that's what's coming in a week when Gearbox does their thing.

As for judging the villains, c'mon, we can't do that now, we don't actually have nothing to judge them on.
    Jack is a great villain because you've played the whole BL2 game and got to know him before shooting him in the face. Gotta do that to the twins before reaching a veredict.
    I also was up to date with the leaks. But it still surprised me and it also made me more excited, knowing what is waiting for us.

Regarding the villains, i know that i should not judge them. It wasnt exactly what i meant. What i wanted to say was that it is very hard to compete with Handsome Jack. Of course, it really does not matter. Its a looter shooter

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04...tions-detailed

Release date, box art, and the collectors and deluxe editions have been detailed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information