+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Borderlands 3

Default Re: Borderlands 3

Yeah, it worked fine on my second playthrough and I was able to beat the game. And I gotta say, not as good as 2. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't especially great either and I think the villains are to blame for that honestly.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

IDK, so far I like BL3. Of Course HJ was a cool villain (he had a jokeresque Charisma especially in TotB IMHO). It's hard to top such a villain.
    Right now I'm at the Family jewel Mission.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    Yes, Billy was probably the most annoying boss in the game. I was lucky i was playing with a friend, so it wasn't THAT bad and we could rezz each other.

And i really like Zane too. He feels pretty different with his two skills and his playstyle is very unique. I'm running Digi-clone with shield right now. The freeze-skill is very OP btw when paired with a high fire-rate gun or a shotgun as long as you hit many crits. I constantly freeze everything around me and it even counts for the clone.
    Found a lonely Quasar at eden-6. It's crazy if you skill ductaped for you and your clone with nade-regen. Let alone that double Barrel where you equip a rocket launcher while activatin the clone.

And i fought Billy in that Lobby before the Theater so at least his stupid slag(?)-ball couldn't connect.
    Luckily you can shoot the flame skulls for 2nd winds. Everything else in this fight is "unlucky".
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I'm thinking of buying this game, I loved the first game and just playing split screen with friends, if it's as good as that then I see no reason not to get it

I'm not the biggest fan of Borderlands overall (my friend is), but I'm enjoying the third installment of the series greatly. The characters are more interesting than in the second game, it has tons of fun references to the previous games, tons of old beloved characters, and mayhem all around. Me and my friend are doing a duo run (with me as Fl4k and him as Moze), but he also started individual campaigns with the other characters. I too have a low-level siren and operative. There've been a lot of quality of life changes (second win seems easier to achieve and we can't "steal" it from each other; you can hold onto ledges and climb up etc.)

Overall, it's fun and it feels a lot more polished.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

I beat the story the other day finally and go to lvl 50. Work schedule made it difficult to play a lot. Playing True Vault Hunter mode now.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Played through the 1st round NVHM with the Operative (luckily I found an infinity and looted a hive from Tarantella. Those 2 got me through the 3rd quarter of the game). I'm now trying the melee Siren. She is also fun to play, but Zane's comments during fights are funnier IMO.

I also love the mounting and sliding, as it makes the gameplay more dynamic. And tossing barrels into groups of enemies is just pure joy.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif

I can never get tired of Zane's accent.

I just got through the Billy boss fight. And I have to admit that boss fight was a pain to get through.

I got through the Graveward boss a couple of days ago and man, not a good fit for a meele Amara.
    I didn't die but it easily took me some solid 20 minutes of shooting that prick.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

The only boss that I felt was somewhat annoying was Katagawa ball.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    The only boss that I felt was somewhat annoying was Katagawa ball.
    Yeah, That boss battle was a bit annoying. But it wasn't on the level of Billy to me. lol.

Had a similar problem with katagawa ball, he flies so I couldn't just straight up punch him, but at least the mobs were a bit more challenging and I guess I had better suited weapons against it.
    Graveward was just really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I just got through the Billy boss fight. And I have to admit that boss fight was a pain to get through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Yeah, That boss battle was a bit annoying. But it wasn't on the level of Billy to me. lol.
    May I ask which class you used? On my 1st PlThr with Zane, Billy was a Nightmare. When I encountered him the 2nd time with melee Amara, he was way easier. That's either cause they nerfed him a bit or thx to the rank-Tokens after completing the Story first time. But those Tokens gave me like +2% dmg, so it can't really be them.
    The 3rd Option could be that I handled the boss mechanics better, but... nah! But seriously, at least those flaming skulls didn't go through walls and ceilings anymore, at least from what I have witnessed.
    Katagawa-ball was also annoying, cause of the large armor-healthbar.

Someone here already tried Mayhem Mode?
    Anointed a-holes can spawn anywhere where also badasses spawn.
    Depending on the modifiers you'll have a good day or a bad day.

@FolhaS
    Sirens can switch between their Action skills without being so attached to the respective skill trees (like Zane).
    So whenever you get to a ranged boss like the graveward, I'd shortly switch to phasecast with the Right element. And for Mobbing I switch back to the 2nd melee ActionSkill (line of element on the Ground).
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; October 16th, 2019 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post

@FolhaS
    Sirens can switch between their Action skills without being so attached to the respective skill trees (like Zane).
    So whenever you get to a ranged boss like the graveward, I'd shortly switch to phasecast with the Right element. And for Mobbing I switch back to the 2nd melee ActionSkill (line of element on the Ground).
    Yeah, I remembered that after beating the main story and started dipping my skill points into the other threes. Although now I have annointed gear that gives more meele damage after phaseslaming so I gotta take into consideration more thingys for those builds.
    Guess I was just used to the previous BL's one skill per character. Many a times I longed for kriegs ability to throw his buzzsaw axe.

Got a Flakker lvl50, a queen's call lvl 50 (both from Tyreen) and a rowan's call from Aurelia lvl49 and I'm still not able to beat the slaughter star 3000 on "not-mayhem-mode".
    This arena is also bugged like hell, cause although there are still enemies standing, Torgue announces the next wave.
    In the very last wave of the last round I screw up. Torgue's quotes are epic though. ^u^---b

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    Yeah, I remembered that after beating the main story and started dipping my skill points into the other threes. Although now I have annointed gear that gives more meele damage after phaseslaming so I gotta take into consideration more thingys for those builds.
    Guess I was just used to the previous BL's one skill per character. Many a times I longed for kriegs ability to throw his buzzsaw axe.
    When I started as siren, I also went for the melee tree, but I also tried to get the other element Augments asap (only 5 pts invested in another tree). Now I can do that line on the Ground being either corrosive, shock (Default) or fire.

Is anyone else having issues were enemies in the Slaughterball 3000 just glitch out and refuse to die even when their hp bar is non existant? Further question, has anyone had those wolves spawn in the sniper hallway where dead players can cover fire? Had both of those happen in one wave and pissed my ladyfriend and friend off to no end.

New DLC is out today for Borderlands 3 with the free update of the Bloody Harvest level.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information