+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Default Re: Better Call Saul

Really liked the opener of the season, good to see Jimmy back to his smooth talking self, but also realizing he can't be one-off cons forever.

And the ending made for a nice contrast to the beginning.
    Spoiler:
    really small detail, but flipping the switch was so Jimmy. Challenging the rules and calling potential bluffs. Can't bluff a bluffer.
    As opposed to the beginning, where he doesn't even want to chance having an encounter with the police.

Quote Originally Posted by G8trH8tr View Post
    Idk what the spoiler deal is here so I'm using them just to be safe. Spoiler alert:

Spoiler:
    Jimmy's brother is absolutely a terrible human being. What a petty thing to hurt your brother so badly over. Jimmy was taking real steps to becoming someone respectable. And then he gets smacked down by his brother. Is it jealousy? I mean what kind of brother would do that? Betrayal is one of those things that burns me to the core. Good for him that he ditches his loser tightwad brother and becomes the slick guy we know him as these days. Law is sacred my ass. If you can do that to your own brother you're a miserable human being. I would have trouble doing that to my worst enemy.
    Using spoiler tags is a common courtesy thing. And considering what you posted is a big spoiler of season 1, yeah, spoiler tags are needed for that.

Spoiler:
    And as for why his brother would do that, it simply boils down to the fact that Chuck didn't like how Jimmy became a lawyer so easily, opposed to how Chuck dedicated his life to it.

Still doesn't excuse what he did to Jimmy, though.

Season 2 episode 2

Spoiler:
    The sad thing about BCS is that we know Jimmy is going to fall at some point, so any time there's a chance he'll mess up, I get tense (but knowing we still have a season's worth of material to see, it helps alleviate it a bit :P). So I was so scared for Jimmy when Chuck entered the room, I thought he was going to choke and make a fool of himself. Thank goodness for Kim's support. Which makes it even more tragic since we know they won't last.
    And Chuck's reason for being there, "to bear witness". To see his brother fail, or see why Davis & Main hired him? Vague! He's more likely expecting him to mess up.

Nice to see him delve more into his Saul self, making evidence to exonerate a client. And of course, it won't be his last time.

I also like that BCS doesn't rely on cast members from Breaking Bad to hold it up, but I do wonder if (or more probably, when) Gus is going to show up later on. Because Mike has yet to be employed by him at some point, and I really hope we get to see at least a glimpse of how that happens.

Episode 5:

Spoiler:
    I keep changing between disliking, hating, liking, and loving Chuck. Continuing to treat Jimmy as lesser makes it worse for him, even if he thinks what he's doing is best. His behavior in the flashback was one of his worst moments for me.

Big wow at the appearance from Hector. Looks like he'll be a major antagonist of Mike for the rest of the season. Either that, or Mike cooperates and Nacho comes after him for it.

In other news, the series has been renewed for a third season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...d-third-875903

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

Me and my sis were LAUGHING SO HARD when Jimmy tryed to get fired and did not flush.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

wonder why mike was watching hector's shop, and if by not admitting that the gun was his is gonna bite him in the ass.
    also, the cousins are so badass. weird to see them exactly the same as they were in bb, considering the fact that bcs is 6 years younger than bb.

Spoiler:
    yep it seems that mike wants to hurt hector for threatening him. he may very well be the reason hector gets crippled. as it seems like he was making a spike line, and according to the name of the next episode "nailed" he will use it.
    jimmy doing his best to ruin the mesa verde case felt too petty imo, he was kinda taking advantage of his sick brother. at best this will pester chuck and may not actually cause alot of trouble.

Alright, I'm going to come out and say it. After a lot of thought, I think I honestly like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad. I could elaborate if anyone actually cared lol but after this season I think I've made up my mind.

Spoiler:
    i am so worried for chuck that hit his head. YOU ARE A JERK BUT DO NOT DIE.

NEVER GIVE UP.

Spoiler:
    I CANNOT BELIVE THAT CHUCK RECORDED JIMMY. HOE DARE YOU.
    when does session 3 start

NEVER GIVE UP.

Early 2017 is all I seem to be able to find.

Season 2 was originally suppose to have 13 episodes, I wonder why they reduced it to 10?
    Great season anyway, just sad it has to end now :( Such good story telling, and they're doing a superb job of taking it slow and not rushing anything, while not being boring about it either.

As for the episode:
    Spoiler:

Well, Jimmy finally got Chuck to stoop to his level, in a way. What Chuck did was still legal, but he acted the part of a con man just as much as Jimmy would.

And of course, the internet goes wild with who left the note on Mike's car, but they go wild and point in one direction:
    Spoiler:
    It's either Gus or someone working for Gus. Which is believable. Plus, the creators of the show acknowledged that the first letter of each episode in Season 2 is an anagram for "Fring's back".

Spoiler:
    oh yeah they did confirm the anagram was intentional in the following talking saul episode. i'm so hyped to see gus meet up with mike, i really hope to see them build his drug empire together and not just have mike stumble upon an already powerful gus, and i really want them to finally give us gus' origins from chile and why don eladio didn't kill him

I absolutely love this show. Best new show besides fargo. I like it more than breaking bad as well. I think I can only take so much gun fights, gang warfare, and drug dealing before it bores the hell out of me. I really enjoy the court intrigue/cerebral stuff and kind of takes the whole "bending the rules" thing to the higher echelons of society by dressing the people who uphold the law and their lives surrounding it. I really enjoy court/office intrigue over gang fights any day. And there is mike's storyline to fullfill that end of the spectrum. So we have best of both worlds and some diversity to keep us from one story boring us to death. I love both perspectives though and I like that it switches.

Vince cilligan for one of the best scriptwriters today or what?

Spoiler:
    The whole deal about the law being sacred from season 1 is bs obviously. The law is always changing in regards to what's ethical and unethical. He definitely stopped to his level in the end of season 2 but I think chuck would justify it by making jimmy the bad guy and claiming he is the first one to play this game. Although, shouldn't chuck be the "uptight" lawyer in this case or the bigger man as so he claimed.

Absolutely love this show. And I really love Kim as well and their interaction together. She is such an amazing character as well as a decent human being as far as I can tell. She is awesome and I enjoy watching their relationship unfold.

Also, this thread explicitly says better call saul. You shouldn't be in this thread if you haven't caught up with the show tbh. shouldn't be a need for spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    I absolutely love this show. Best new show besides fargo. I like it more than breaking bad as well. I think I can only take so much gun fights, gang warfare, and drug dealing before it bores the hell out of me. I really enjoy the court intrigue/cerebral stuff and kind of takes the whole "bending the rules" thing to the higher echelons of society by dressing the people who uphold the law and their lives surrounding it. I really enjoy court/office intrigue over gang fights any day. And there is mike's storyline to fullfill that end of the spectrum. So we have best of both worlds and some diversity to keep us from one story boring us to death. I love both perspectives though and I like that it switches.

Vince cilligan for one of the best scriptwriters today or what?

Spoiler:
    The whole deal about the law being sacred from season 1 is bs obviously. The law is always changing in regards to what's ethical and unethical. He definitely stopped to his level in the end of season 2 but I think chuck would justify it by making jimmy the bad guy and claiming he is the first one to play this game. Although, shouldn't chuck be the "uptight" lawyer in this case or the bigger man as so he claimed.

Absolutely love this show. And I really love Kim as well and their interaction together. She is such an amazing character as well as a decent human being as far as I can tell. She is awesome and I enjoy watching their relationship unfold.

Also, this thread explicitly says better call saul. You shouldn't be in this thread if you haven't caught up with the show tbh. shouldn't be a need for spoiler tags.
    It also helps that the main character is more sympathetic than the lead in Breaking Bad. Sure, I loved watching Walt change and make increasingly dangerous decisions, but I root for Jimmy more because of how he's always working an uphill battle.

And spoiler tags are a thing of courtesy, and considering the season ended less than a month ago, it's not unreasonable to see people use them. Some people like to visit the thread to see people's reactions to the latest episodes, without being spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    It also helps that the main character is more sympathetic than the lead in Breaking Bad. Sure, I loved watching Walt change and make increasingly dangerous decisions, but I root for Jimmy more because of how he's always working an uphill battle.

And spoiler tags are a thing of courtesy, and considering the season ended less than a month ago, it's not unreasonable to see people use them. Some people like to visit the thread to see people's reactions to the latest episodes, without being spoiled.
    Vince always aimed to make a character that we root for who increasingly made choices we question. I think it came to a point where we weren't sure if we could root for walter anymore. I'm not sure what he plans on doing though eventually if he wants to do the same thing with Jimmy since there is still a lot we don't know.

I think it's safer not to go on the Internet before having watched a new episode. You're asking to get accidentally spoiled if you do that either here or somewhere else. Just watch the episode first and then go read people's reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    I think it's safer not to go on the Internet before having watched a new episode. You're asking to get accidentally spoiled if you do that either here or somewhere else. Just watch the episode first and then go read people's reaction.
    I see where you're coming from, but that just isn't the case for everyone. Not everyone can stay up to date on every show and movie that's coming out, and they just want to see people's thoughts without having the suspense and surprise ruined for them.

And, erm, no. I don't agree that people are "asking for it" simply because they want to go online and see ratings/reactions.

I am still hurt from the finale.

Spoiler:
    I cannot believe that chuck commited suicide.

VERY SAD RIGHT NOW.

NEVER GIVE UP.

yeah the fact that they showed us the prelude to his demise with his relapse and house destruction was even sadder.
    chuck seems like he got sick because of his jealousy of jimmy but when his friend howard disowned him his sickness returned ten fold and he just couldn't live with it (or the fact that he can't practice the law under his firm anymore). i think jimmy is wholly responsible for his death, it all started with the document doctoring up to him going to malpractice insurance to tell them about his brother's break down for absolutely no reason.

That was one kicker of a finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    yeah the fact that they showed us the prelude to his demise with his relapse and house destruction was even sadder.
    chuck seems like he got sick because of his jealousy of jimmy but when his friend howard disowned him his sickness returned ten fold and he just couldn't live with it (or the fact that he can't practice the law under his firm anymore). i think jimmy is wholly responsible for his death, it all started with the document doctoring up to him going to malpractice insurance to tell them about his brother's break down for absolutely no reason.
    Jimmy did alot of wrong things but no one could know things would escalate to this. dispite everything that happened between them, Jimmy tried to patch things up with him. But chuck pushed away the only person left who cared.

Chuck had mental illness. he needed help along time ago.

NEVER GIVE UP.

Quote Originally Posted by playercena5241 View Post
    Jimmy did alot of wrong things but no one could know things would escalate to this. dispite everything that happened between them, Jimmy tried to patch things up with him. But chuck pushed away the only person left who cared.

Chuck had mental illness. he needed help along time ago.
    This and his ego...To proud to lay down his lawyer days and go enjoy his retirement. That he got pushed out of the firm and lost his only remaining friend is alone his doing...rightfully got what he deserved.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information