Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Netflix Original Series Bojack Horseman

Default Re: Netflix Original Series Bojack Horseman

Wait a second, what was...

Spoiler:
    written in Hollyhock's letter?

And should we assume that...

Spoiler:
    Pickles just left Peanutbutter for Joey?

And holy shit about all this time
    Spoiler:
    the opening ending with Bojack in the pool had a meaning behind it.

That was an ending.

Fuck they even did the Pagliacci joke. This is one one the peaks of adult animation.

Well, that was pretty much one of two endings this show could have had and stayed true to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Wait a second, what was...

Spoiler:
    written in Hollyhock's letter?

And should we assume that...

Spoiler:
    Pickles just left Peanutbutter for Joey?
    Spoiler:
    Given the context of Bojack's reaction and that Hollyhock changed her phone number, it was pretty clear the note went something like "You're a monster and I never want to see you again, please stop calling me" message.

As for Pickles, that's not an assumption, they explicitly said that's what happened, though they said it quickly as an aside and didn't linger on it.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Well, that was perfect.

Finished over two hous ago and my eyes are still sore from all the crying.

Episode 15 nearly made me cry. This was a good season finale.

Spoiler:
    I really wanted to know what was in the letter. But I guess it being a never speak to me again makes sense.

I wasn't paying attention to the episode count so I thought 15 was the end. Man that would have been ballsy. Even for this show. It was so eerie and disturbing especially when the black stuff started coming out. I'm glad though that it continued and pretty much everyone else left in his life wound up with happier endings.

Me too! It left me terrified.

Brilliant ending to a brilliant show. The only downside is that, apparently, they did want to keep it going for another few seasons (which, yeah, I think they could have done), but they still pulled it off masterfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well, that was pretty much one of two endings this show could have had and stayed true to itself.
    Dare I ask what the other one was?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Dare I ask what the other one was?
    Spoiler:
    Have Bojack actually die. Basically the next-to-last episode is much the same, but then the aftermath in the next one would have been different. How, I dunno. Maybe mostly the same just with some conversations going different.

I don't think that would have been the *right* ending though, since the show is about growing and moving on... not just having all your shit hit you at once and kill you because your old mistakes are inescapable.

Though all added up Bojack did a loooooot of bad shit over the course of the show.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Spoiler:
    Have Bojack actually die. Basically the next-to-last episode is much the same, but then the aftermath in the next one would have been different. How, I dunno. Maybe mostly the same just with some conversations going different.

I don't think that would have been the *right* ending though, since the show is about growing and moving on... not just having all your shit hit you at once and kill you because your old mistakes are inescapable.

Though all added up Bojack did a loooooot of bad shit over the course of the show.
    Spoiler:
    Okay. Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. And I think that's what a lot of us thought was going to happen at first.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Maybe itís just unique because Bojackís a celebrity, but one thing I didnít know how the show addressed is

Spoiler:
    how to build new relationships after all the shitty things heís done. Bojack paid for his shitty behavior with Hollyhock and Diane essentially leaving him, but is he bound to be haunted by his shitty actions forever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what heís lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Maybe it’s just unique because Bojack’s a celebrity, but one thing I didn’t know how the show addressed is

Spoiler:
    how to build new relationships after all the shitty things he’s done. Bojack paid for his shitty behavior with Hollyhock and Diane essentially leaving him, but is he bound to be haunted by his shitty actions forever?
    Spoiler:
    I think he is to be haunted forever. That's also kind of his problem. He does bad things on the fly. Regrets it wallows in it. Goes through benders. Kinda bounces back. Gets reminded of the terrible shit and relapses again. And a lot of the people he wronged he can't get any closer with either due to death or them cutting him out of their lives.

Am I the only one who finds the first 3 seasons the funniest ones and they made the following more depressing?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the first 3 seasons the funniest ones and they made the following more depressing?
    You mean the seasons where Bojack's cancer-stricken former best friend completely cut him out of his life and refused to forgive him?
    The seasons where Bojack almost slept with his former girlfriend's daughter?
    The seasons where Sarah Lynn died?

Yeah, those were light-hearted seasons, weren't they?

Hidden:
    The gradual dissolving of Diane and Bojack friendship hit me the hardest. That last scene where the nostalgic flashes of the friendship and banter hit the we can't undo this reality was really strong for me. But yeah, it was a good ending. Could've used more time but it had a solid run and a good wrap

Too soon man. The Bojack wound is still open.

Started Bojack. I knew so little about the show that wasn't sure if Bojack was the only anthropomorphic animal or not. Pretty fun show and I like the quirks of this word. I especially like how well Mr peanutbutter match is appearance without having to go into the joke too hard.

Episode 5 has the first joke I don't like with Diane's brother. They make me cringe.

Also I love that ending song. Since melancholia to it. Too bad it's so short.
    Last edited by desa; April 22nd, 2020 at 12:54 PM.

Tuca and Bertie being revived by Adult Swim.

www.twitter.com/variety/status/1263870827159838720

Fuck yes, the last episode fizzled a bit -probably due to uncertainty about renewal - but this was a bouncy, arrestingly entertaining trip. Just...off the wall imagination, all the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information