+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2770

Thread: Oda's Interviews

  1. #1021

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFan View Post
    He can't lose the Warlord title because then he loses his kingdom which is very important to him.

    He can't lose his partnership with Kaido because then he wouldn't be able to survive in the New World.
    In my opinion Dressrosa was just the perfect way to handle his underground business of creating SMILE.
    Dressrosa was in the end nothing he really desired, it was just something he took, because his business benefited from it, but when it was all tumbling down, he was the active one to destroy the whole country with his birdcage.
    He abandoned his slave trading business before, because Doffy saw much higher potential in helping Kaidou creating an army, which would bring a war and chaos he was striving for.
    So he wasn┤t depending on surviving in the NW because of Kaidou, Doffy just wanted to use Kaidou to create the chaos, which would have granted him better options in the end.
    Non the less, Doffy was no fool and was very aware how dangerous Kaidou is, that┤s why he didn┤t want to just drop the SMILE production.
    Doffy made a risky move to make a deal with Kaidou, but he still had his own profit in mind.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

  2. #1022

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Here is my translation for Oda's comment about Shichibukai in ONE PIECE The 23rd Log which is released today.

    Oda: I haven't finished ONE PIECE yet despite the 20-year-serialization. The main reason is these guys (Shichibukai).
    At first, I intended to finish ONE PIECE in 5 years. It was supposed to be a story to fight against pirates called Yonkou.
    However, I came up with the idea of Shichibukai... I just thought, "It would be badass if these characters showed up". Then as you can see, it caused this long serialization!!

    Why didn't I make them Gobukai or Nibukai!! (TN: "Go" means 5, "Ni" means 2 and "Shichi" as in Shichibukai means 7 in Japanese.
    In short, Oda is saying he should have reduced the number of Shichibukai.) I thought 7 was a cool number!! That being said, I don't regret it since I drew what I wanted. ...I'm regretting a bit!!


    The pic below is from 2ch.


  3. #1023

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Very good decision. Enter the Grandline, then meet the strongest pirates immediately... it would not have worked

  4. #1024
    SKADI IS A HELL OF A DRUG MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Wow. I always thought the Yonkou were the ones he made up partway through and the Shichis were planed from the start, but it turned out to be the opposite.

  5. #1025

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Thanks for the translation Sandman!

    Nice little tidbit from Oda. I think it's super interesting that in his first few years of the series, he did in fact have the idea of the 4 Emperors. Given the rough drawing of Kaido and Big Mom in chapter 432(with only BM slightly resembling her silhouette) it's clear that he had the idea, but really hadn't finished a solid design for those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  6. #1026
    Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Surely one of his best decisions!!

    I like his brainstorms

  7. #1027

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    And since all 7 were finally revealed before the time skip I decided to introduce 9 supernoaes :-)

  8. #1028

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    The shichibukai most likely took the place of emperor's mooks and commanders.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  9. #1029

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Thanks for the translation Sandman!

    Nice little tidbit from Oda. I think it's super interesting that in his first few years of the series, he did in fact have the idea of the 4 Emperors. Given the rough drawing of Kaido and Big Mom in chapter 432(with only BM slightly resembling her silhouette) it's clear that he had the idea, but really hadn't finished a solid design for those two.
    I was not sure myself until recently but i have seen Yosaku speak about the three great powers on the way to Arlong Park.
    Pretty sure he did not have the idea yet when he introduced Mihawk but after that, and conveniently made him one as well.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    And since all 7 were finally revealed before the time skip I decided to introduce 9 supernoaes :-)
    IIrc, the Supernova were deeply connected with the New World, which was introduced after Enies Lobby but possibly invented before that

  10. #1030

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Thanks Sandman

    So I guess that the World's Strongest was suppose to be hold by the yonko
    Last edited by Rivaille; August 24th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.

  11. #1031

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivaille View Post
    Thanks Sandman

    So I guess that the World's Strongest was suppose to be hold by the yonko
    And Gorosei

  12. #1032
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    is it true oda's editor said we'd be in the wano arc by October?

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  13. #1033

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    is it true oda's editor said we'd be in the wano arc by October?
    Wasn't it that we'd see Reverie and Wano before the end of the year?


  14. #1034
    Discovered Stowaway fuzi11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Former: Germany, Current: SoCal

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Wasn't it that we'd see Reverie and Wano before the end of the year?
    Also, just because an editor says something, can we truly trust it 100%?
    Because me personally, I think we get at least 5 more chapters of whole cake an then a couple transitional chapter before we get to Reverie. And don't forget at least 3 more breaks. And I doubt Reverie will be done in 4 chapters. I mean, everyone preparing and traveling to reverie was already around 2 (okay, maybe 1 chapter in total) chapters. Certainly Reverie is much longer than preparing for Reverie, right?

  15. #1035

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    Also, just because an editor says something, can we truly trust it 100%?
    Definitely not. To me, even if Oda said something like that, we'd have to see it as "he plans to have X wrapped up before a certain date" more than a fact. As he writes his story -- and he admitted it -- he often gets caught up in detours he may not have originally planned to go through.

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    Because me personally, I think we get at least 5 more chapters of whole cake an then a couple transitional chapter before we get to Reverie. And don't forget at least 3 more breaks. And I doubt Reverie will be done in 4 chapters. I mean, everyone preparing and traveling to reverie was already around 2 (okay, maybe 1 chapter in total) chapters. Certainly Reverie is much longer than preparing for Reverie, right?
    Since the arc has been dragging on and on these last few chapters, I don't think 5 chapters would be enough to end it. I mean, there are so many things to do: dealing with Katakuri and Perospero, Big Mom, Smoothie and the Capone gang, the Sun Pirates, G66... Plus the cake that has to be baked -- and I hope this will get the attention it deserves. I'm sure Oda can make baking a cake intense. He could fill it with emotions, going back and forth between present and past as a way to write a conclusion to Sanji's flashback and his character-arc as a whole. There are many ways of doing it well (I thought of making it a full chapter with no dialogue, just beautiful representations of the different steps in baking the cake), I'd just like Oda to take his time and not be pressured by deadlines that the editor may indirectly be giving him by announcing to the world that Wa no is just a few months away. It could replace the usual end-of-arc fights that we have, and I'd love it.

    In short, probably more than 5 chapters for me. I'd say at least 9.
    As for Reverie, I have no idea of how it will be dealt with. I'm not expecting it to be really long, but anything could happen when you gather so many important rulers in one place in an unstable world.


  16. #1036
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Well, we need the baking of the wedding cake, a resolution with Pudding and some other characters, some "after-the-climax" chapters like in almost any arc, maybe a cut to Zoro and the others at Wano like we had at Dressrosa with the Swirlyhats in Zou, Jinbe joining and maybe if only a small flashback for him...


    My bet is about 890 for this to end. We than need some transitional chapters and the Reverie at least starting. My guess is that the Reverie will be basically sandwiched between the gigantic Wano Arc. We'll see the start of it and maybe some event there, than cut to Wano. After kaido goes down, cut back to the Reverie to see the repurcussions (pressure on the Gorosei to dismantle the Shichibukai, giving Sakazuki broad powers to end the Pirate Age or something like that...)

    I would be amazed if Wano starts before 900, probably even closer to 910. What this means for the "Wano in 2017" predictions I don't think I have to specifically state.

  17. #1037

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    cut back to the Reverie to see the repurcussions (pressure on the Gorosei to dismantle the Shichibukai[...])
    That's a good thought. Doflamingo was such a mess, if the WG wants to control all of this they need to at least convince the people that such tragedies will never happen again.
    Last edited by Kaptayn; August 25th, 2017 at 01:49 PM.


  18. #1038
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    That's a good thought. Doflamingo was such a mess, if the WG want to control all of this they need to at least convince the people that such tragedies will never happen again.
    Thanks. And the Gorosei probably won't succeed, especially if for instance Weevil will wreak havoc too (he will likely play a role in Wano, since Marco and Jozu will and his story is tied to them).

    Now my gut feeling as to what will happen at the start of the Reverie is Kaido appearing there (remember the Drake-Caribou-Shirahoshi-plot) than cut to Wano. Wouldn't this be a great way to get in the right mood for Wano if we have seen Kaido doing some crazy sh*t at the Reverie?

  19. #1039

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    Now my gut feeling as to what will happen at the start of the Reverie is Kaido appearing there (remember the Drake-Caribou-Shirahoshi-plot) than cut to Wano. Wouldn't this be a great way to get in the right mood for Wano if we have seen Kaido doing some crazy sh*t at the Reverie?
    I don't know. Not sure if declaring war upon the World Government is his best course of action, considering that the last Emperor that did so died. But who knows what he could end up doing with the right amount of booze running in his veins?


  20. #1040
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    I don't know. Not sure if declaring war upon the World Government is his best course of action, considering that the last Emperor that did so died. But who knows what he could end up doing with the right amount of booze running in his veins?
    His whole character introduction was about him doing crazy and insane stuff after all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts