+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 125 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Having still 35% of the story left, i wonder how much the final saga (finding OP, BB fight and the final war) will take of this space. In the beginning Oda said it´s about a quarter of the overall story, when he still thought it would only last a few years. So i would estimate it at least being 10-15% of the story. Wano and the Kaidou war will also take a significant amount of the story, maybe less than the final saga, but around 7.5-10%.The current arc with Totland i assume won´t be that long, but still going against an emperor for the first time should also take 3-5%. The Reverie is also approaching right before or after Wano, which doesn´t have to be that long, depends how the SHs may or may not be involved - 2-3% maybe.That leaves us with around 10% of the overall story that we´re still more or less in the dark about.
    Knowing how many enemies are still around and at least Elbaf coming for sure (also pretty likely Shanks being involved in some bigger shit later on), Oda seems to have not that much room left to fiddle about with his ideas of islands and stuff. Just imagine how many open plot threads he has still to address, no wonder he combines his ideas already^^
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/S.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    - There are too many things Oda wants to draw, so he merges the themes of islands. For example, Punk Hazard is originally consisted of fire island and ice island.Dressrosa is originally consisted of dwarves island and passion island. But as opposed to his expectations, it took him twice the time than usual to draw these arcs.
    Does he mean that Dressrosa and Green Bit were actually two different islands(meaning arcs) at first? Because honestly it seems to me like dwarves were shoehorned in this arc just so Oda can deal with them quickly and save time. The "merging" didn't really work out; the arc was dragged, bloated and it was generally a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaka. View Post
    Does he mean that Dressrosa and Green Bit were actually two different islands(meaning arcs) at first? Because honestly it feels to me like dwarves were shoehorned in this arc just so Oda can deal with them quickly and save time. The "merging" didn't really work out; the arc was dragged, bloated and it was generally a mess.
    I'd say yes! Though I love the dwarves and Green Bit!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Well, I loved it too, but I can't stop thinking how it would have been if Green Bit and Dressrosa were different arcs. You know, we could have seen a lot more of Green Bit, and not just a scene with the forest, and the dwarves below.Maybe that way, it could have been shorter, and perhaps a good saga apart from Dressrosa, which would have been shorter and more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Having still 35% of the story left, i wonder how much the final saga (finding OP, BB fight and the final war) will take of this space. In the beginning Oda said it´s about a quarter of the overall story, when he still thought it would only last a few years. So i would estimate it at least being 10-15% of the story. Wano and the Kaidou war will also take a significant amount of the story, maybe less than the final saga, but around 7.5-10%.The current arc with Totland i assume won´t be that long, but still going against an emperor for the first time should also take 3-5%. The Reverie is also approaching right before or after Wano, which doesn´t have to be that long, depends how the SHs may or may not be involved - 2-3% maybe.That leaves us with around 10% of the overall story that we´re still more or less in the dark about. Knowing how many enemies are still around and at least Elbaf coming for sure (also pretty likely Shanks being involved in some bigger shit later on), Oda seems to have not that much room left to fiddle about with his ideas of islands and stuff. Just imagine how many open plot threads he has still to address, no wonder he combines his ideas already^^
    Like before, i would not get so hung up on the estimation. 4 years ago, Oda´s estimation was 60%. Considering we had approx 690 chapters back then, that would end up being approx 1150 chapters upon conclusion. Now he says it is 65% done with 830 chapters, which ends up being approx 1280 chapters in the end. I would not be surprised if it ends up being 1400-1500 chapters. I agree though, my guess is that we will not see much unpredictable stuff, meaning completely new stuff. There is also still Vegapunk to deal with.

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laffitte Doflamingo View Post
    (Why is line break disabled here? There is something wrong with the forum right now.)
    Been that way for weeks. Been mentioned in topics where moderators visit and post too so I'm assuming it's intentional for some reason. But using the html line break code works.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    They helped make my boi Usopp into a god of legends! Those dwarves deserve all the love.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Thanks a bunch, Sandman! Damn, sure hope Oda get through this in One Piece (harr harr harr). I can see myself still buying this manga in 10 years if it keeps its current pace. Here's hoping him trimming/giving up ideas won't result in a messy story.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Been that way for weeks. Been mentioned in topics where moderators visit and post too so I'm assuming it's intentional for some reason. But using the html line break code works.
    No, it's not intentional.

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3671676

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    What does that mean?
    This.

While it's easy enough to brush off a few sleepless nights with a pot of coffee and the occasional desk-nap, you may be doing more harm than you realize. According to a new study from Surrey University, snagging less than six hours of sleep per night can actually shut down genes that play a key role in the body's process of self-repair.

We rely on our genes to constantly produce the proteins needed to reverse the wear on our bodies' tissue that we incur throughout the day. But when scientists divided 26 volunteers into two groups—one of which slept for less than 6 hours per night for an entire week and the other for ten hours per night— some of the sleep-deprived group's genes actually stopped working.

The function of 711 genes in total were altered in some way, specifically ones involved in metabolism, inflammation, immunity, and stress. There is some good news, though: a week of normal sleep was enough to restore the malfunctioning genes back to peak condition, but should the unhealthy sleep patterns continue, health problems that aren't quite so easily reversible, like obesity and heart disease, have a high chance of cropping up. And this study only scratches the surface, according to Professor Colin Smith, one of the scientists involved in the study:
    "This is only a week of sleep restriction and it is only five and a half or six hours a night. Many people have that amount of sleep for weeks, months and maybe even years so we have no idea how much worse it might be."
    Oda's getting sick to the point of hospitalization probably because of this.

Oh man. If these studies are 100% correct, then Oda's definitely not as healthy as we think he is. I really wouldn't mind it if One Piece was a monthly series from now on or if he took a break off the series (it worked wonders for Togashi). I'm really worried and scared for Oda.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    I'm really worried and scared for Oda.
    He asked us not to worry, so don't worry. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Oh man. If these studies are 100% correct, then Oda's definitely not as healthy as we think he is. I really wouldn't mind it if One Piece was a monthly series from now on or if he took a break off the series (it worked wonders for Togashi). I'm really worried and scared for Oda.
    That working like that is doable, was shown by other mangakas before him, but Oda shouldn´t take it too lightely obviously and we all know that for his fans he goes to extremes. We can be at least sure that other people close to him still have also an eye on him. After all they got him so far to take a break each month. Oda seems to be the type of person who would die for his masterwork, so i think even by forcing on him more breaks, he would still work and think about it anyways. Let´s just hope such a mastermind has the wits to stop/slow it down when necessary, especially for his family.
    I think a perfect opportunity to take another longer break would be after the wano arc and before the final saga (when no other TS happens before that), i hope he takes those opportunities to load his batteries again before finishing his masterpiece^^
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/S.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Oda's long interview was revealed in a TV show today.

- Oda says ONE PIECE is about 70% done. (He said in another recent interview that ONE PIECE was 65% done, though...)

- When Oda held a Takoyaki party in his house, he was reported to police by his neighbors.

- Oda says he doesn't need diversion since he has to submit manga anyway before the deadline.

- The new setting notebook about ONE PIECE is produced almost every 3 weeks.

Here are another trivias revealed in ONE PIECE Great Newspaper Vol.2. and Kinema Junpou 2016 summer edition

- Oda decided to work with ONE PIECE Film because it was a good opportunity to increase his audience in manga.
    The series is more than 80 volumes, so he thinks it might be difficult for some people to start reading ONE PIECE.
    Oda also says that if he should realize in the future that ONE PIECE Film doesn't play an important role to increase his audience in manga, he would not work with films anymore.

- According to the former anime producer, when ONE PIECE anime was relegated to a morning TV show, Oda complained a bit, "I've already made much effort, though..."

- About this week's (Chapter 833) color spread, Oda predicted last December that he would like to draw Straw Hats watching fireworks since he was impressed at the fireworks in one of his favorite mangas "Your Lie in April".

source: TV show in December 2015 ("一流が嫉妬したスゴイ人")

According to Volume 777 written by Oda,

- Spandine's political power is weakening due to his disease. Spandam intends to cure him so that Spandam can surpass Lucci.

- Vice Admiral Chaton and Fujitora are friends. Chaton is popular among citizens despite him not being popular in Marine.
    He loves beautiful women. His real name is Tokikake.

- Tsuru treats Vice Admiral Momousagi as if she is Tsuru's little sister. Momousagi can seduce various kinds of pirates.
    Her famous sword is called Konpira (金毘羅). She has a spider tattoo on her thigh. Her real name is Gion.

- The average height of Giants is 12-13 meters. Oars in Thriller Bark is about 3 times higher than normal Giants.

- Oda writes the conversation between Sabo and Lucci:

Sabo: Bye, Bob!
    Lucci: I'm Rob.

[EDIT]
    - Lucci is a chief commander of CP0 now!

source: Film Gold official guidebook "Backstage Pass"

According to the pamphlet of Film Gold and the official guidebook "Backstage Pass":

- There are sexy scenes in Film Gold, but Oda recently pays attention to his target audience's mothers since he thinks it is mainly mothers who bother to take their kids to theaters.
    Oda is worried that sexy scenes might make bad impressions on their mothers.

- Oda doesn't like men wearing white outfits.

- Question: What would you do if you had vast amount of money?
    Oda: I already have it, so...

- Oda doesn't want his characters to appear in film before manga. For example, Aokiji after time skip made an appearance in the film before manga.
    Oda is disappointed with those situations since he thinks he could have surprised his audience if he let him appear in manga before the film.
    Last edited by sandman; July 23rd, 2016 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Well, I loved it too, but I can't stop thinking how it would have been if Green Bit and Dressrosa were different arcs. You know, we could have seen a lot more of Green Bit, and not just a scene with the forest, and the dwarves below.Maybe that way, it could have been shorter, and perhaps a good saga apart from Dressrosa, which would have been shorter and more epic.
    Actually, by Oda's words, the original story was going to be twice as long if he didn't merge them.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    - Oda says ONE PIECE is about 70% done. (He said in another recent interview that ONE PIECE was 65% done, though...)
    It is actually the second time I hear this.
    - When Oda held a Takoyaki party in his house, he was reported to police by his neighbors.
    Party-Poppers. Don't expect a christmas card this year.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...0pwWE1kNzYzbFE ================================================== ================================================== ========================================= Oda's first TV interview on July 23rd 2016. Thank Glaxy9000 for providing the streaming. I recorded it myself, the quality is okay. Hope someone can provide a HQ version later. ================================================== ================================================== ========================================= The interview starts at 33 minutes. ================================================== ================================================== ========================================= Sorry guys. I uploaded the video to Youtube but they didn't allow me to publish it since it exceeded the length limit unless I verify my account which I won't do. So if somebody can kindly help upload, it's gonna be great.
    Last edited by Laffitte Doflamingo; July 22nd, 2016 at 08:32 PM.

One Piece Film Gold - Behind The Scenes: https://www.facebook.com/fansofonepi...89495674676303
    Tokyo One Piece Tower TVCM

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Actually, by Oda's words, the original story was going to be twice as long if he didn't merge them.
    Yeah, I said in an older post that I don't know what to think, I know that was the reason, but still...Well, if Oda doesn't shows us some arcs, I hope we later see them, let it be in movies, anime or manga specials after the end of One Piece.

Thanks for the summary sandman :)

And I hope they leave Oda alone with their movies from now on. He seems fed up with them anyway. As far as I know he even had to design the characters for the Gold TV special.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information