+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Thread of the year comes late!

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

In the final scenes of ONE PIECE, there will be a pirate who appears with an eye patch. One Para (2007)

Who might be? someone we already know or a new character?

Quote Originally Posted by ZONBI View Post
    In the final scenes of ONE PIECE, there will be a pirate who appears with an eye patch. One Para (2007)

Shonen Jump mascot?

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ZONBI View Post

The original one of that, it was supposed to be "an important pirate will show up, with a patch" It was in 10th aniversary treasures, as I recall.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

This should be sticky. Excellent work, sandman.

Also, I'm pretty sure sandman will only get a blue name if he saves one of the admins/mods' life or something like that. '_'

Wow!! I gotta say this is really really informative..I got to read up on stuff i didn't know, considering how I lurk around Japanese blogs and stuff alot. Really nice work, thank you very much for sharing!
    We Live In An Age Where Men's Dreams Come True!!!!

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFan View Post
    I never understood the first quote. Like, I realize Oda's themes weren't nearly as heavy-handed back in 2003, but why is he acting like there are no messages? There clearly are...
    Doesn't he mean actual messages from himself in the chapters?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    This should be sticky. Excellent work, sandman.

Also, I'm pretty sure sandman will only get a blue name if he saves one of the admins/mods' life or something like that. '_'
    Shouldn't we like create some sort thread where can state our opinions regarding his status, so the mods can just give him that star as a New Year's present.

Thanks Sandman!

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    That would make more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    Hi! Watsuki here! I know you're all interested in reading my manga, but I'd like to remove half the page to tell you guys about my extreeeemely interesting life! I'm certainly sure you guys care sooo much about my personal thoughts!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

When Vivi appeared for the first time, Oda didn't have the intention of her being princess.
    She would have been just defeated by strawhats and made her exit.
    So Oda didn't plan it out at all. Wow. Reminds me of something Greg once said.
    "I hate the revival of dead in manga." Playboy (2007)
    Hmm........
    "Manga characters should be rich with emotions. It seems there are many people with no expression on the faces these days." Playboy (2007)
    Oda makes a shout-out to Bleach!

Vivi was probably planed, that Ms Friday ended being her was the change, probably.

The same can be said for the 11 supernova, they were planed for their roles in the new world, (probably with Cabbage and Barto) but they were finished for that sugestion.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Hi! Watsuki here! I know you're all interested in reading my manga, but I'd like to remove half the page to tell you guys about my extreeeemely interesting life! I'm certainly sure you guys care sooo much about my personal thoughts!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So Oda didn't plan it out at all. Wow. Reminds me of something Greg once said.

Hmm........

Oda makes a shout-out to Bleach!
    Was the Kenshin stuff that bad?
    It was only in the volumes anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    Was the Kenshin stuff that bad?
    It was only in the volumes anyways.
    Then what was in the empty space? I know it kinda stops eventually, but what, did he just leave half the page blank?

Tks Sandman this is awesome.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Thanks Sandman

Another cool thread from you

"I get annoyed to hear people speaking ill of characters in ONE PIECE. For example, when they say ‘this villain is weak’, I can't help thinking that then I'll make him much stronger!" Color Walk 6 (2014)
    You Smoker, Sanji, Crocodile, Coby haters better watch out. If Japanese people start speaking ill about these characters just like you westerners then Oda will make you guys eat your words.

But I wonder if this quote also applies to "strong characters"? Like if people keep saying "this character is too strong, he/she is unbeatable" will Oda nerf the character?

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Thank you Sandman! Great Post,some of this stuff I have never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    "There is a trend that people who point out the inconsistency of a story are rated high, but I don't necessarily think a story must be written coherently." GHIBLI Magazine (2014)

Usopp has been and will be the weakest in strawhats. ONE PIECE 10th Treasures (2007)

"Readers can feel close to Usopp since he is not a strong crewmate." ONE PIECE 10th Treasures (2007)

When Minoru Suzuki told Oda that Dressrosa arc was profound and interesting, Oda answered that a lot of ideas were coming into his mind one after another.
    https://twitter.com/suzuki_d_minoru/...98787680264192

I write ONE PIECE as dramtically as I can. If I had written a pure battle manga, it would have been easily defeated by Dragon Ball." ONE PIECE 10th Treasures (2007)

"If I was influenced by the opinion of female/girl readers, it would ruin my identity as a shonen mangaka." SWITCH (2009)

"I don't care whatever readers complain in the middle stage of a story because I am confident of highlight scenes being interesting." Manga Omo! (2002)

There are at least 15 notebooks that include Oda's ideas about Dressrosa arc. Jump Festa 2015

"I just can’t help but draw a lot. The weekly format is set at 19 pages, but from the creator perspective I want to move the story along faster. I end up jamming as much as I can in there. There is also wanting to finish faster so I can relax." Switch (2009) [Translated by Greg]
    These quotes from Oda could help explain somethings to those who aren't trilled with the Dressrosa Arc so far (or atleast certain parts of it).

BEST THREAD OF THE YEAR!!!

Thanks sandman

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    When Vivi appeared for the first time, Oda didn't have the intention of her being princess.
    She would have been just defeated by strawhats and made her exit.
    Lol, And here I was the other day, musing how the transition from Whale-Killin' Miss Wednesday to Benevolent Princess in Trouble was kinda clunky.

Good thread, very interesting.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Those little interview bits explain so much... awesome idea of a thread.

Blue star for Sandman! (I will lobby for it till I die).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information