+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    That is super badass - one of the more creative and well done fights in the whole series, on the fly!

Too bad haki hits everyone now...

It's off topic, but I'm concerned that now, with haki allowing everyone (mostly) to hit everyone else, we are going to see less importance placed on creativity (Croc) and luck (enel), and more so just see "I must increase my power!" Or "I must be faster than them or else they will be faster than me!"
    I think Oda is smarter than that. That's why, every time he has given Luffy a new Gear, he also introduced negative side effects. Haven't read spoilers, but I expect Dofla might discover an exploitable flaw in G4 in the following chapter and capitalize on it.

But then, it's also possible Luffy will counter it with a G4 with a different form or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think Oda is smarter than that. That's why, every time he has given Luffy a new Gear, he also introduced negative side effects. Haven't read spoilers, but I expect Dofla might discover an exploitable flaw in G4 in the following chapter and capitalize on it.

But then, it's also possible Luffy will counter it with a G4 with a different form or something.
    Avoid spoilers at all costs.

Big revelation comes along with next chapter and it will be out most likely 2 days from now so day earlier than normally but still its pretty far away.

And of course - Thanks to Sandman from another big piece of cool info, this time an interview

That's also a form of spoiling.

But it's good to know it won't be boring, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post
    Avoid spoilers at all costs.

[something something] comes next chapter and it will be out most likely 2 days from now so day earlier than normally but still its pretty far away.

And of course - Thanks to Sandman from another big piece of cool info, this time an interview
    Sorry for the further off topic-ing, but since I try my best to avoid the spoils: why is the spoiler out so soon AND far apart from the chapter itself than usual.

It's eating me from the inside an I fear giving in...

(I go with the usual spoiler that any character is Sabo. Even now)

Quote Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post
    Sorry for the further off topic-ing, but since I try my best to avoid the spoils: why is the spoiler out so soon AND far apart from the chapter itself than usual.

It's eating me from the inside an I fear giving in...

(I go with the usual spoiler that any character is Sabo. Even now)
    3 words: Anime Manga Guardians.
    Its also the same reason we are not getting chapters at Wednesday.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    3 words: Anime Manga Guardians.
    Its also the same reason we are not getting chapters at Wednesday.
    wut? is that a cult?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

I think you're probably right. I'm just re-reading the manga now, and slipping into a possibly unfair nostalgia for how awesome paradise was.

Quote Originally Posted by G8trH8tr View Post
    wut? is that a cult?
    Nope. Its a japanese law know as M.A.G.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Nope. Its a japanese law know as M.A.G.
    So the Law gives us early spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by SHpirates View Post
    "the last villain will have a eyepatch" LOL so much Blackbeard guys!
    During epic clash between Shanks and BlackBeard, the first one loses his life and the second one... an eye...

problem solved.

oda never said that the final villain will have an eye patch,but that BEFORE HE FINISHES THE MANGA,a pirate with an eyepatch will appear

the whole thing was an answer to a question regarding the lack of eye-patched stereotyped pirates in onepiece

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    oda never said that the final villain will have an eye patch,but that BEFORE HE FINISHES THE MANGA,a pirate with an eyepatch will appear

the whole thing was an answer to a question regarding the lack of eye-patched stereotyped pirates in onepiece
    That's right, from what they were saying, I thought there was some new interview.

7th Shichibukai will be a badass with an eyepatch! Or not.

the funny part is,that eye patch on pirates are not a stereotype..but the fact is that it was not due to an abnormal surge of eye injuries,but because they used to keep an eye in the dark so that when assaulting an enemy vessel they could go down in the dark hold of the ship without waiting for their eyes to get used to the darkness..they just used the eye that was already in the dark

the funny part is,that eye patch on pirates are not a stereotype..but the fact is that it was not due to an abnormal surge of eye injuries,but because they used to keep an eye in the dark so that when assaulting an enemy vessel they could go down in the dark hold of the ship without waiting for their eyes to get used to the darkness..they just used the eye that was already in the dark
    I believe it. that's insanely cool

I remember when I first discovered that, after entire childhood of believing pirates missing eyes were a common thing.

Still, considering the sheer niumber of pirates and other battle hardened veterans in OP, it's weird nobody with an eyepatch has ever appeared so far. Makes me think it's being saved for badass of badasses.

Another reason for eye patches is the usage of sextants I think. It's a navigation instrument to measure your position where you often had to focus on the sun which of course destroyed the eye after too many uses.

Thank you sandman for the translation...read it yesterday but forgot to give my kudos.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Great thread. I love the "if One Piece were just battling it wouldn't beat Dragon Ball," and then the sneak diss about how Oda hates resurrecting characters. Bit of rivalry going on?

Quote Originally Posted by deacon_blue View Post
    Great thread. I love the "if One Piece were just battling it wouldn't beat Dragon Ball," and then the sneak diss about how Oda hates resurrecting characters. Bit of rivalry going on?
    You can't call a rivalry since those 2 series aren't running together and OP is one of those series out there inspired by DB.

Oda told game company's staffs that Luffy would defeat Crocodile by a "weather-related" move before the chapter was out.

Guess it's confurm'd than. Draygon has storm-storm no mi.
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information