http://bit.ly/3uzMp6m

Default Re: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

More HQ pictures

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks a lot, Scotch & redon!

Redon and Scotch, you're both legends! Amazing to have such high quality rips so soon after release!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Hey Scotch, page 90 seems to be missing from volume 95. Do you have it on its own to download?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Hey Scotch, page 90 seems to be missing from volume 95. Do you have it on its own to download?
    All fine now.

the missing page

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    16 characters of thanks heaps!

Here original RAWs, no blurred and upscaled scans

ONE PIECE VOLUME 94 FULL COLOR RAW HQ

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qpjocq

ONE PIECE VOLUME 95 FULL COLOR RAW HQ

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mh4x1o

Here’s chapter 943 in color:
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/npRHhWN

I don't know... maybe it's me... but recently I've been finding a lot of the coloring too bright and over the top. It causes me a little fatigue and it's not always tasteful.

Thanks again Redon! The untouched rips are definitely sharper than the upscaled ones.

The colour version doesn't seem to be coming down on any one colour for visible haki effects like lightning and auras. There's a lot of purple, which is always a good one for energy, but the golden glow for Kaido and Big Mom splitting the sky was a surprise. I wasn't picturing the energy from their clash being quite that bright and I'm still adjusting my mental image of the scene to it, but it's undeniable that it looks really good. Very keen to see what's done with Roger and Whitebeard and all the advanced CoC lights and lightning on Onigashima's roof.

The one major letdown of this batch is Queen's dinosaur form. That ugly shade of yellow needed to be broken up with a few splotches of a different shade or an underbelly segment going down the front; it just doesn't work across such the huge, unbroken area his neck provides.

In the same area, the prison mine backdrop as a whole is pretty scarce-looking, but the colourists did a great job with the more detailed backgrounds elsewhere in Wano. Hakumai's autumn tones, the detail on the fleet of rundown ships and the stormy seas on the eve of the raid all look spectacular and the bamboo forest and Flower Capital continue to be really pleasing to the eye.

I'm sure I'll always say this, but I hope the next volume comes quickly. Volume 96 has a bunch of panels and spreads that should look great in colour. I want to actually see the sunset turning the Scabbards' scabbards red! It's a scene that feels built to be in colour. The hour of legend should also be a highlight, if the preview of it from the Vivre Card is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I don't know... maybe it's me... but recently I've been finding a lot of the coloring too bright and over the top. It causes me a little fatigue and it's not always tasteful.
    Do you think that's just a symptom of the vibrant colour schemes Oda's chosen for the Wano cast rather than the actual colouring job? It's not like the overall style's really changed. These most recent two volumes in particular were forced to overemphasise how bright the cast is by contrasting them barren, white background of the prison mine in so many scenes, which didn't do them a lot of favours.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Do you think that's just a symptom of the vibrant colour schemes Oda's chosen for the Wano cast rather than the actual colouring job? It's not like the overall style's really changed. These most recent two volumes in particular were forced to overemphasise how bright the cast is by contrasting them barren, white background of the prison mine in so many scenes, which didn't do them a lot of favours.
    Well, the colorful nature of the cast is certainly a part of the reason, but I'm not sure it's only because of that, but I can't make a technical analysis of the brightness. Maybe it's just me. But apart from the characters and scenario, the colorists do have freedom with the color of an empty background and some other filters, and sometimes their choices jump out of the page instead of relaxing in the background, especially in the context of the colorfulness of everything else in the page.

Queen's dinosaur form being the same color as his hair seems like a very odd decision to me. If you want to make him or his hair yellow, that is fine, but just don't do both the same color.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Queen's dinosaur form being the same color as his hair seems like a very odd decision to me. If you want to make him or his hair yellow, that is fine, but just don't do both the same color.
    To me, his scales look like a dark orange, not yellow. Could just be me, I suppose.

Just for fun, digital color versions of various characters:

Does Anybody know how to rip file from amazon after purchased? Can show me how to do that? Please

So it looks like some of the Numbers are going to be fairly different between the colour manga and the anime. Both the Vivre Cards and the Where's Wally collab agree on blue, green and pink for Jaki, Juki and Goki, including the colours of their horns:

Spoiler:

Meanwhile the anime version swaps those tones around a little and makes them a lot brighter:

Spoiler:

Nangi wasn't coloured on the Vivre Card, but if we assume the collab is following the manga's canon colours, he'll have blue skin rather than the anime's white.

Spoiler:

Between these and the change to the Performance Floor's colour scheme, I'm really interested to get the full colour volumes for the raid because it seems like there's going to be a lot of little differences to spot.
    Last edited by Captain M; November 14th, 2021 at 10:35 PM.

How come Diamante's shirt is pink even though it's actually black and white?

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    How come Diamante's shirt is pink even though it's actually black and white?

https://i.imgur.com/i5Xn40G.jpg
    This question actually has two answers:
    1) The image you pulled for comparison is from a preview chapter of 714. This is what many would call a "prototype" coloring and isn't canon.
    In Volume 72 color, you will see that Diamante's colors are correct.

2) To this you might say "well ok, it's not pink but it's still not black and white. So my point still stands." But this is still Chapter 714. At this time, Oda was only showing Diamante in obscured view.
    If we look at panels after his debut in the Colosseum, we will see his shirt is indeed black and white.

The panel in Chapter 714 doesn't have drawn stripes, which is probably why Shueisha colored it differently.
    With this, it can be assumed that it was actually a different shirt entirely, and Diamante made a costume change sometime between that and entering the Colosseum.
    Last edited by DaPikminCoder; November 22nd, 2021 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Accidentally forgot a sentence.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information