+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

Default Re: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

The VizSig volumes I have are pretty nice. One thing I appreciate is the flaps on the end of the covers, which is a great way to keep things like author comments in their original place without adding a fiddly dust jacket to such a small book.

For a rerelease of One Piece though, I'd like to something even bigger and more deluxe. A Sig or VizBig upgrade would have been nice earlier on, when the series was still relatively short, but now the upgrade needs to really tangible. The oversize hardcovers Dark Horse has been doing for Berserk, or the five-in-one Colossal Editions Kodansha's doing for Attack on Titan would be ideal for distinguishing a new release from the tiny single volumes (and would make an absolutely fantastic shelf centrepiece when there's a few of them out). I think whatever they do with it - if anything - it's going to be a tough balancing act managing volume count, affordability, marketing an upgrade to people who already spent hundreds of dollars on the single volumes and marketing an official release to one of the most broadly anti-official release fanbases still hanging around the anime/manga space.

I'm gonna keep hoping and dreaming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    The VizSig volumes I have are pretty nice. One thing I appreciate is the flaps on the end of the covers, which is a great way to keep things like author comments in their original place without adding a fiddly dust jacket to such a small book.

For a rerelease of One Piece though, I'd like to something even bigger and more deluxe. A Sig or VizBig upgrade would have been nice earlier on, when the series was still relatively short, but now the upgrade needs to really tangible. The oversize hardcovers Dark Horse has been doing for Berserk, or the five-in-one Colossal Editions Kodansha's doing for Attack on Titan would be ideal for distinguishing a new release from the tiny single volumes (and would make an absolutely fantastic shelf centrepiece when there's a few of them out). I think whatever they do with it - if anything - it's going to be a tough balancing act managing volume count, affordability, marketing an upgrade to people who already spent hundreds of dollars on the single volumes and marketing an official release to one of the most broadly anti-official release fanbases still hanging around the anime/manga space.

I'm gonna keep hoping and dreaming though.

Yeah, those are valid points. I think they also need to be careful not to make the books too big and unwieldy as well. I think there's a balancing act between increasing page size and not making them uncomfortable to hold and read.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

That's true. And the balance between having enough pages to finish the series at a decent rate and making the volumes so overloaded you feel you have to be super careful with it. My personal preference is for something that feels super deluxe, but who even knows if my vision is something that would sell.

At the very least Shueisha could release 3 volumes at once like last time.

Hey so I tried to make a Viz version of the colored similar to the one the anonymous guy did for Volumes 83-86.
    It's just the first chapter for now but I enjoyed it and might do more chapters later.
    The only difference is that I tried to be 100% faithful to the official Viz version, I didn't change "Zolo"s or "Darn"s or anything. There were some cases where I HAD to change something. Most cases being Viz changing the SFX to not work like the original did.
    I also used the waifu2x-caffe upscale because I found editing to be much easier without all the jpeg artifacts.
    https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/cFHqc8TM/file.html
    I also made a Stephen Paul version just cause I didn't have to change any of the SFXs to do it
    https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/2xqxMpN9/file.html

English One Piece Digital Colored Manga by various uploader~

Always use dummy account for security reason when download using Google Drive.

Spoiler:

I. Sea of Survival Super Rookies Saga
    I.1. East Blue Saga
    I.1.01. Romance Dawn Arc

Volume 001 - Romance Dawn [anonymous]

I.1.02. Orange Town Arc

Volume 002 - Versus Buggy's Crew [anonymous]

Volume 003 - The Lie Rejecter [anonymous]

I.1.03. Syrup Village Arc

Volume 004 - The Black Cat Pirates [Dincht]

Volume 005 - For Whom the Bell Tolls [Dincht]

I.1.04. Baratie Arc

Volume 006 - The Oath [Dincht]

Volume 007 - The Crap-Geezer [Dincht]

Volume 008 - I Won't Die [Dincht]

I.1.05. Arlong Park Arc

Volume 009 - Tears [Dincht]

Volume 010 - OK, Let's STAND UP! [Dincht]

Volume 011 - The Meanest Man in the East [Dincht]

I.1.06. Loguetown Arc

Volume 012 - The Legend Begins [Dincht]

I.2. Alabasta Saga
    I.2.01. Whiskey Peak Arc

Volume 013 - It's All Right!!! [Dincht]

I.2.02. Little Garden Arc

Volume 014 - Instinct [Dincht]

Volume 015 - Straight Ahead!!! [Dincht]

I.2.03. Drum Island Arc

Volume 016 - Carrying on His Will [Dincht]

Volume 017 - Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms [Dincht]

I.2.04. Alabasta Arc

Volume 018 - Ace Arrives [Dincht]

Volume 019 - Rebellion [Dincht]

Volume 020 - Showdown at Alubarna [Dincht]

Volume 021 - Utopia [Dincht]

Volume 022 - Hope!! [Dincht]

Volume 023 - Vivi's Adventure [Dincht]

Volume 024 - People's Dreams [Dincht]

I.3. Sky Island Saga
    I.3.01. Jaya Arc

I.3.02. Skypiea Arc

Volume 031 - We'll Be Here [anonymous]

I.4. Water 7 Saga
    I.4.01. Long Ring Long Land Arc
    I.4.02. Water 7 Arc
    I.4.03. Enies Lobby Arc
    I.4.04. Post-Enies Lobby Arc

I.5. Thriller Bark Saga
    I.5.01. Thriller Bark Arc

I.6. Summit War Saga
    I.6.01. Sabaody Archipelago Arc
    I.6.02. Amazon Lily Arc
    I.6.03. Impel Down Arc
    I.6.04. Marineford Arc
    I.6.05. Post-War Arc

II. The Final Sea The New World Saga
    II.1. Fishman Island Saga

II.1.01. Return to Sabaody Arc

II.1.02. Fishman Island Arc

II.2. Dressrosa Saga

II.2.01. Punk Hazard Arc

II.2.02. Dressrosa Arc

Volume 071 - Coliseum of Scoundrels [Power Manga]

Volume 072 - Dressrosa's Forgotten [Power Manga]

Volume 073 - Operation Dressrosa SOP [Power Manga]

Volume 074 - Ever at Your Side [Power Manga]

Volume 075 - Repaying the Debt [Power Manga]

Volume 076 - Just Keep Going [anonymous]

Volume 077 - Smile [anonymous]

Volume 078 - Champion of Evil [anonymous]

Volume 079 - Lucy!! [anonymous]

Volume 080 - Opening Speech [anonymous]

II.3. Yonko Saga

II.3.01. Zou Arc

Volume 081 - Let's Go See The Cat Viper [anonymous]

Volume 082 - The World Is Restless [anonymous]

II.3.02. Whole Cake Island Arc

Volume 083 - Emperor of the Sea, Charlotte Linlin [anonymous]

Volume 084 - Luffy vs. Sanji [anonymous]

Volume 085 - Liar [anonymous]

Volume 086 - Emperor Assassination Plan [anonymous]

Bonus Content:

Spoiler:

[Chinese] One Piece Pirate Recipes Sanji's Full Meal

[English] One Piece A Digital Retrospective

[English] One Piece Artbook Color Walk 04 - Eagle [Alina James]

[English] One Piece Databook 04 GREEN - Secret Pieces [Binktopia]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 001 - Romance Dawn [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 002 - Versus Buggy's Crew [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 003 - The Lie Rejecter [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 004 - The Black Cat Pirates [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 005 - For Whom the Bell Tolls [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 006 - The Oath [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 007 - The Crap-Geezer [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 008 - I Won't Die [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 009 - Tears [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 010 - OK, Let's STAND UP! [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 011 - The Meanest Man in the East [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 012 - The Legend Begins [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 013 - It's All Right!!! [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 014 - Instinct [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 015 - Straight Ahead!!! [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 016 - Carrying on His Will [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 017 - Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 018 - Ace Arrives [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 019 - Rebellion [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 020 - Showdown at Alubarna [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 021 - Utopia [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 022 - Hope!! [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 023 - Vivi's Adventure [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Digital Manga Volume 024 - People's Dreams [Viz Media~AnHeroGold-Empire]

[English] One Piece Party Volume 01 [Manga Stream]

[English] One Piece x Toriko Crossover [Binktopia]

[English] Wanted! [Null & KEFI]

[Japanese] One Piece Stampede Digital Colored Manga Volume 01 [aKraa]

[Japanese] One Piece Stampede Digital Colored Manga Volume 02 [aKraa]

[English] One Piece Visual Novel Aces Story Volume 01 - Formation of the Spade Pirates [jdcox215]

REMINDER!!! NOT FOR SALE OR RENT!!! THESE FILES ARE INTENDED FOR BACKUP PURPOSES ONLY!!!
    Don't forget to buy either Digital or Hard Copy Tankōbon to support the Mangaka~

I just notice we missing Page 50 from Volume 021, here if you need it.

Need more volumes? PM me at facebook.
    Last edited by Dincht; July 10th, 2020 at 09:26 PM.

July's only Shueisha colour release was a single Dragonball Super. August seems like it's just going to be the next one. Dragonball's colour release is going to end up closer to its black and white release than One Piece (but still 6 volumes behind, so based on other releases they might still do another couple before giving it a break).

But hey, September is looking to be a big One Piece month anyway, with volume 97, Colour Walk 9, Magazine 10 and the box sets, so maybe they'll give us one more nice thing to go with it. Or they might want to avoid oversaturating the release window any further and hold them back another month or so. Coming out alongside the digital black and white 97 wouldn't be too bad either. I just wish there was some concrete information about what to expect.

What does Shueisha do to gain money from these colored chapters?

It feels to me like it should be a bigger thing, but a lot of people don't even know it exists... not to mention that you can't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post

It feels to me like it should be a bigger thing, but a lot of people don't even know it exists... not to mention that you can't buy it.
    There so far just exclusive to Japan I think, would love if they hit the states digitally?

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post

It doesn't get no advertising, I definitely got a flyer with some colour manga stuff on it with some other merch/volumes I picked up in Japan a few years ago (can't find it now, I think it might be in storage at my mum's place) but yeah it could definitely use some more. The amount of new readers you see on reddit and wherever asking about or being pushed toward the colour version scans first shows how much of a market there could be. You have to wonder if the Japanese fanbase has the same thing. It's such a niche topic, but man I'd love for someone like Greg to weigh in what whatever he's allowed to say about the behind the scenes process and release plans for the colour volumes is, hint hint.

They need to remake the entire business plan for this colored thing and make it one the flagships of the series.

Yeah, I can't see it ever fully replacing the original, and I wouldn't want it to, given Oda's talent for black and white character design and use of shape and silhouette that doesn't come across the same after being coloured, but I don't see why they can't be considered a little more equal with each other.

By this time last year, we had confirmation of three volumes dropping in August. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not the longest they've ever gone without releasing a volume? I'm sure they haven't canceled it and that more are eventually on the way, but like Captain M mentioned several posts back, I do start to worry slightly when it takes this long between volumes.

Is this the longest we've gone between volumes? Let's look at release windows then, assuming the ones listed on the booklive pages are all accurate.

Volumes 1 - 12: June 2012

Volumes 13 - 23: September 2012

Volumes 24 - 63: December 2012

Volume 64 - 65: April 2013

Volumes 66 - 68: December 2013

Volumes 69 - 70: August 2014

Volumes 71 - 72: September 2015

Volumes 73 - 75: October 2016

Volume 76: December 2016

Volume 77: March 2017

Volume 78: June 2017

Volume 79: September 2017

Volume 80: December 2017

Volumes 81 - 82: March 2018

Volume 83: October 2018

Volumes 84 - 86: August 2019

So the longest we've gone is actually 13 months between releases. If there's nothing in September then we'll officially be in the longest hiatus.

The worst part is, if the Vivre Card databooks are any indication, they've had up to Volume 90 colored for a long time and are just sitting on them. The Vivre Card Databooks showcased things like Flampe, Gerd (adult), Snake Man, the Reverie, and Glasses Marco in color. Not to mention the databooks look way better resolution-wise than what we got on Digital.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPikminCoder View Post
    The worst part is, if the Vivre Card databooks are any indication, they've had up to Volume 90 colored for a long time and are just sitting on them. The Vivre Card Databooks showcased things like Flampe, Gerd (adult), Snake Man, the Reverie, and Glasses Marco in color. Not to mention the databooks look way better resolution-wise than what we got on Digital.
    Not necessarily. The original Luffy-Taro card had a few panels from volume 90 left in black and white, indicating they weren't complete when it was being printed (though I think they were all updated with ones going as far ahead as volume 92 for the Index Set reprtint). I think there's a good chance the colouring team was forced to go ahead and do panels out of order to get the databook complete and only went to fill in the gaps after, which could have contributed to the delays. They definitely have a lot more done than they've released though, no question about that. (and the low res is just a Japanese ebook thing I think. Even the black and white releases aren't as big and sharp as they definitely could be.)

So the longest we've gone is actually 13 months between releases. If there's nothing in September then we'll officially be in the longest hiatus.
    Ohhhh, okay. Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware. That actually makes me feel a bit better, actually, if we've waited this long before. I check just about every day for news of more volumes, so fingers crossed we get something soon.

Not necessarily. The original Luffy-Taro card had a few panels from volume 90 left in black and white, indicating they weren't complete when it was being printed (though I think they were all updated with ones going as far ahead as volume 92 for the Index Set reprtint). I think there's a good chance the colouring team was forced to go ahead and do panels out of order to get the databook complete and only went to fill in the gaps after, which could have contributed to the delays. They definitely have a lot more done than they've released though, no question about that. (and the low res is just a Japanese ebook thing I think. Even the black and white releases aren't as big and sharp as they definitely could be.)
    The Luffy-taro and Zoro-juro cards were seperate from the actual databook booklets but I see what you mean.
    As for the low res, what I meant was like, if they were coloring the manga at 1200 pixels, I'd be totally fine with that. But they clearly work with it at a higher res and downscale it.
    I mean just look at this comparison I made (left is a preview of a data card on amazon.co.jp, it's not a scan) (middle is a waifu2x-caffe upscale of the original) (right is the original)

Quote Originally Posted by DaPikminCoder View Post
    The Luffy-taro and Zoro-juro cards were seperate from the actual databook booklets but I see what you mean.
    As for the low res, what I meant was like, if they were coloring the manga at 1200 pixels, I'd be totally fine with that. But they clearly work with it at a higher res and downscale it.
    I mean just look at this comparison I made (left is a preview of a data card on amazon.co.jp, it's not a scan) (middle is a waifu2x-caffe upscale of the original) (right is the original)
    https://i.imgur.com/auPHrGe.jpg
    Yeah, basically what I'm saying is that I blame Booklive and Amazon.jp and whatever else for the low resolution. The super high quality original (and probably uncropped and textless for whatever reasons they might be needed) versions obviously exist, and could presumably be used for a print version or anything else like they were for the Vivre Cards, but nothing I've seen ripped from any of the major sites comes out in that quality (unlike say getting the English release through Comixology or whatever and being able to zoom in far enough to see the individual dots in the screentones) so I'm inclined to say Japan just doesn't have the ebook infrastructure for that kind of release. Hopefully they get there sooner rather than later.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information