+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: God of War Next Gen

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default God of War Next Gen

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/06/next-god-of-war-officially-confirmed-to-be-in-development

n
    ew God of War is coming.

won't be a prequel and when asked if Kratos would be returning they weren't willing to answer.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: God of War Next Gen

What if it's based off of other Gods from other times? That would be interesting.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

If they insist on making yet another Greek Mythology entry focusing on Kratos then I expect baby kratos in a diaper, because that is literally the only time of his life they have NOT covered to the point with the last entry (Ascension) they just awkwardly sandwiched it in right before GOW1 took place. The series has literally developed a shit ton of plotholes with each entry because of this.

New mythology. New character. And please please please, new gameplay.

I would love to see the next game focus on Egyptian or Norse mythology.

God of War: Rome

Where Kratos just moves to a slightly different era where Jupiter is now being a terrible father figure to Kratos instead of Zeus.

Well someone gave a great idea on what the next God of war should be.
    You know how Kratos have been killed a lot of times but he was brought back to life for revenge? Now what's stopping other gods kratos has killed from coming back from death and seeking revenge on Kratos? Now imagine especially Ares comes back to life, stronger and starts seeking revenge against kratos, this time around kratos will be the one running. This is the guy idea.

The game objective will be to run away from the revived gods and get to a place they can't find you but on your journey you get attacked by a god who found you and after each fight/encounter with a god you lose a significant level of your power making you weaker and weaker. The objective part is my idea.

It will be Interesting Huh?

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK_RITUAL View Post
    Now what's stopping other gods kratos has killed from coming back from death and seeking revenge on Kratos?
    As far as I know Kratos killing Hades which messed up his domain and the game never really confirming if dead gods can come back from the dead as non ghost entities.

And the awkwardness of the fact that Kratos didn't actually kill every single god in Olympus.

The game objective will be to run away from the revived gods and get to a place they can't find you but on your journey you get attacked by a god who found you and after each fight/encounter with a god you lose a significant level of your power making you weaker and weaker. The objective part is my idea.
    Kratos running?........this is a guy who's fought Demons,Monsters,Gods, & even titans and now he fears them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Jaffe's idea for the ending was great, with another pantheon emerging after Kratos killed all the Greek ones. Not sure why they didn't go with that, seeing as it allows for an endless amount of sequels. Instead, we just get prequel after prequel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    seeing as it allows for an endless amount of sequels. Instead, we just get prequel after prequel.
    Between the idea of more sequels and more prequels I don't know which idea is doing more damage.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Between the idea of more sequels and more prequels I don't know which idea is doing more damage.
    Well, God of War is a pretty popular title, so it's going to get more games until it isn't worth it. I'd rather kill through all of mythology than whatever crap they try to shove into his past. I've killed gods, I don't want to stop killing them.

Maybe they'll have some balls and finally retire Kratos and we can get a whole new story.

Doubt it though
    NNID: julsjacket

Well someone gave a great idea on what the next God of war should be.
    You know how Kratos have been killed a lot of times but he was brought back to life for revenge? Now what's stopping other gods kratos has killed from coming back from death and seeking revenge on Kratos? Now imagine especially Ares comes back to life, stronger and starts seeking revenge against kratos, this time around kratos will be the one running. This is the guy idea.

It will be Interesting Huh?
    That's... the same fucking thing as God of War III, just a different context. It would still be Kratos going from point A to point B fighting the Gods as you go along. Only difference would be it'd be lame as it is a retread (as I just explained) and that it would betray Kratos' character who would never run from anything. He is a Spartan.

Well you guys make some interesting points. But the problem now is, what can they do with Kratos? He already killed all the Greek gods. Maybe they have him time travel to Egypt where he fights Egyptian gods after all most Greek mythology came from Egypt.

Or it will be a new character? Kratos daughter? In search as to why Kratos killed them?

Well it will be interesting to see what the story will be about.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Well...we can always have the adventures of toddler Kratos. *shrug*

Kratos as a fetus

Well you guys make some interesting points. But the problem now is, what can they do with Kratos? He already killed all the Greek gods. Maybe they have him time travel to Egypt where he fights Egyptian gods after all most Greek mythology came from Egypt.

Or it will be a new character? Kratos daughter? In search as to why Kratos killed them?

Well it will be interesting to see what the story will be about.
    Kratos is dead, and with his revenge achieved I can't see him having any interest in fighting his way out of death for the millionth time. The fact he killed himself the last time it seems pretty solid that "Yeah, I'm done. Time to rot in the afterlife with my dead family."

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Well...we can always have the adventures of toddler Kratos. *shrug*

God of War I and God Of War Ascension already explained this.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Kratos is dead, and with his revenge achieved I can't see him having any interest in fighting his way out of death for the millionth time. The fact he killed himself the last time it seems pretty solid that "Yeah, I'm done. Time to rot in the afterlife with my dead family."
    I'm pretty sure that after ''his death'' in 3, there was a scene of a blood trail leading up to a cliff, so he definitely was still alive and moving. He could have fallen down into the water and washed up somewhere.

I wouldn't mind them making a new characer and set the game in Egypt, cause that would be way more interesting than norse mythology for example. Norse was done in games before way more often.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Let's have another god of war from another mythology.

I hear that Thor fellow is all the rage these days.
    Last edited by Sander; December 8th, 2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: also Egypt

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Well, if Kratos is so meaningfull, they could make him reincarnate in an Indian guy and make a game about the Hindu Mythology. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information