View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
624. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

410 65.71%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 6.25%
  • The Gorosei

85 13.62%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

13 2.08%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.48%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.48%
  • Kong

2 0.32%
  • Dragon

6 0.96%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.32%
  • Other

61 9.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

No matter what happends, I can't see it going down without Luffy trading some blows with the man who killed his older brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    No matter what happends, I can't see it going down without Luffy trading some blows with the man who killed his older brother!
    Or the one that defeated/captured Ace and practically sent him to die.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    To be fair, I can actually see this happen - with the emphasis on 'fought' instead of 'defeated'. But Blackbeard completely defeated before the actual final war even started... Seriously?
    Who knows. The way I see it, Blackbeard is going to be Luffy's biggest obstacle in discovering One Piece and becoming Pirate King. The story won't neccessarily end when Luffy becomes PK. And he could become PK before the final confrontation with WG.
    There certainly aren't any guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Also, you people put way too much faith in the Yonkou title.
    They are the most powerful pirates. The strongest man was one of them. The hero mentor is one of them. Having faith in the yonko power is pretty normal when it's come to personal strength.

Baseless speculation then?

Akainu is a logia with the ability to ignore haki attacks. That means functional immortality against most opponents.
    Speculation but not baseless. He has 2 fruit and is a yonko, after all. Him being stronger than Akainu is not definite but it is likely.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    He discussed the subject to death in the first version of this thread. He most be tired to make lenghty post about it.
    That's no excuse. Certainly not when someone makes it instead of him. Better to not even reply, than to vent frustration with one liners. If you're going to make an effort of replying to someone, they deserve to know what the hell you mean. Otherwise it's just disrespecting other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    Or the one that defeated/captured Ace and practically sent him to die.
    Akainu and Blackbeard aren't BFF either.

Akainu VS Luffy VS Blackbeard wouldn't be impossible to win for our hero.

How did anyone reading Marineford arc had come to the conclusion that Blackbeard is more dangerous and stronger of the two.
    I'd have agreed to that before Blackbeard got the Gura-Gura no Mi. But now? I'm not so sure anymore. Both command a fleet (advantage goes to the Marine, admittedly) and wield vastly destructive powers, yet Blackbeard doesn't have any of the boundaries that Akainu's status as a marine may involve (such as "answer to your higher ups" (Kong, Gorosei) or "try and protect civilians" (not that the thought of casualties would amper Akainu, but there might still be a Cobby or a Kuzan around to try and stop him)). If anything, I think this is what makes BB a greater threat. Of course, this argument becomes void if Akainu decides that he's had it with the WG and makes a coup.

Character-wise, Akainu definitely comes on top. He is ruthless and implacable, unbreakable even, whereas Blackbeard is more the cowardly type who will only enter the fray if he's sure to win and turn tail otherwise.

As for Magma vs Earthquake, now that Haki has boarded the ship curiously I find it hardly relevant. We've seen three people shrugg off a freakin' meteor, so what's a few thousand degrees burn after all ? Same goes for the tremor, of course.
    The DF-nullifying power of the Yami-Yami, however, remains an unknown quantity. Can it be countered with Haki ? We don't even know that.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; October 22nd, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Which is why everyone has been going around picking fights with them, without a care in the world...
    Well they are in the way of most pirates dreams but on the other hand their names are enough to calm pirates visiting their island.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    That's no excuse. Certainly not when someone makes it instead of him. Better to not even reply, than to vent frustration with one liners. If you're going to make an effort of replying to someone, they deserve to know what the hell you mean. Otherwise it's just disrespecting other members.
    Just explaining the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Akainu and Blackbeard aren't BFF either.

Akainu VS Luffy VS Blackbeard wouldn't be impossible to win for our hero.
    I'm all for it if Blackbeard get magma fisted.

Are we as readers ment to hate Blackbeard. Me personally I don't think he's that bad. He's far more likeable than say Crocodile, DD and hody Jones that's for sure.
    I know more about One Piece than you FACT.

Akainu is an opponent for Smoker, Dragon or Sabo.

Luffy will fight Blackbeard. I don't know how the things on Raftel are going to unfold, but I would bet a lot of money that the final war will be a clusterfuck between the WG, the revolutionaries, the strawhat pirates(+allies) and the blackbeard pirates.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

You know what I'm curious about?

How did anyone reading Marineford arc had come to the conclusion that Blackbeard is more dangerous and stronger of the two.
    While it's quite likely Blackbeard has indeed become much stronger since the timeskip, he always has been more dangerous then Sakazaki. For despite, being now the Fleet Admiral, Sakazaki is merely the WG's attack dog. Yes, he's pushing for a more aggressive turn for the Marines, but whatever the Gorosei or Kong commands, he obeys. Blackbeard organized a massive conflict between the Marines and the Whitebeard Pirates for the lust of power and released who knows how many Level Six ID prisoners onto the word and is now one of the four most powerful pirates in the world, and one who seeks to become Pirate King. He is a threat to the stability of the world's balance of power.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Also , one of the arguments for BB as final villain was that we got to see his rise like luffy, he was not on top from the first like Akainu.

False, BB could easy be second division commander of Whitebeard's crew, but he din't want to. He was also the guy to give scars to Yonkou Shanks.

He was a veteran pirate, he wasn't far from the top, not some rookie we got to see rise from low to top.

Even akainu, we saw him go from vice-admiral to fleet admiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Who knows. The way I see it, Blackbeard is going to be Luffy's biggest obstacle in discovering One Piece and becoming Pirate King. The story won't neccessarily end when Luffy becomes PK. And he could become PK before the final confrontation with WG.
    There certainly aren't any guarantees.
    Why not have Shanks the protector fight Blackbeard while The Strawhats proceed to raftel thus allowing Blackbeard to kill Shanks + crew and then having the three way battle after the Strawhats learns what happens to Shanks crew + the true history, kill two birds with one stone.

I'm not a huge supporter of this Shanks will die by BB's hands but that fight has been set up already, and I'm huge supporter of the three way battle theory and If it happens like I described it above I'll be a happy weiner.

Buggy's the final villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebomer93 View Post
    Are we as readers ment to hate Blackbeard. Me personally I don't think he's that bad. He's far more likeable than say Crocodile, DD and hody Jones that's for sure.
    I don't feel anything for him or his crew, so Oda is doing a good job at making me see worthless crap that doesn't even need recognition.

I wouldn't say hate, but maybe despise? After all, Oda made him lie, cheat and betray to get where he wanted. Then he was shown begging WB not to kill him and cowardly shooting him along with his mates, afterwards. He's a mean son of a bitch, but he won't have a problem stooping so low to even beg someone.

I'm not sure if I despise him or like him. In some details he reminds me of a character called Logen Ninefingers, from The First Law trilogy (look it up then read it, it's awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Jules197 View Post
    Glad to see a guy who can definitely have a logical argument and is able to clearly explain why he disagrees with someone else's point of view. Bravo!
    Someone whose been around here since 2011 and hasn't seen the already well accepted and insurmountable evidence of Blackbeard being the final villain, let alone my posts on it, needs to not post on it either.

You know what I'm curious about?

Actually that's exactly what people should have gathered from Marineford you dumb fascist lol.

I truly don't see why an evil Luffy who believes in an evil version of Luffy's ideals, has a crew made of evil Strawhats, killed one of the most morally upright characters in the series (preemptive shut the fuck up Darth), openly declared war on the rest of the world, sent the main character's brother to his death, is rampaging throughout the New World bringing nothing but destruction, and is named after the most famous pirate of all time would be a better final villain than Hideki Tojo in attack dog form.

You're suppose to hate Akainu. Blackbeard will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ussop View Post
    Also , one of the arguments for BB as final villain was that we got to see his rise like luffy, he was not on top from the first like Akainu.

False, BB could easy be second division commander of Whitebeard's crew, but he din't want to. He was also the guy to give scars to Yonkou Shanks.

He was a veteran pirate, he wasn't far from the top, not some rookie we got to see rise from low to top.

Even akainu, we saw him go from vice-admiral to fleet admiral.
    Yet we are still seeing him build an empire, no one has ever said we've seen him come from the bottom.
    Comparing what we've seen to Akainu gaining a rank is just pathetic stretching lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information