View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
629. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

    412 65.50%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

    39 6.20%
  • The Gorosei

    86 13.67%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

    13 2.07%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

    3 0.48%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

    3 0.48%
  • Kong

    2 0.32%
  • Dragon

    6 0.95%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

    2 0.32%
  • Other

    63 10.02%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2125

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

  1. #41
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    I think Blackbeard might be Luffy's final opponent before he claims One Piece.

  2. #42
    Shipmate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Visaginas>Vilnius

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Teach.

    Spoiler:
    Raftel is going to be only the beginning of the end.
    Last edited by Silverblade; October 22nd, 2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Everyone else doesn't need to apply~

  3. #43
    Discovered Stowaway Jules197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Nope .
    Glad to see a guy who can definitely have a logical argument and is able to clearly explain why he disagrees with someone else's point of view. Bravo!

  4. #44

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by MJR. View Post
    Whitebeard said when the One Piece is found, which will be after Luffy fought Blackbeard, a massive war will break out.
    To be fair, I can actually see this happen - with the emphasis on 'fought' instead of 'defeated'. But Blackbeard completely defeated before the actual final war even started... Seriously?

  5. #45
    21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    I believe not only is it Blackbeard, I also believe during the war that the discovery of the One Piece creates, he shall be the one to raze Marejoia to the ground and destroy the World Government's control of the world.

    The WG is akin to a old, withered tree. It's deep roots keeps it up straight, it it's rotten to the core d i's peak has passed. One spark of fire will burn that thing to ashes, and Blackbeard is that spark.

  6. #46
    Luffy>OtherSupernova ZoroXTashigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dressroba

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Yeah, I guess. Blackbeard will be hard to top.
    But I could see Akainu being the tougher matchup simply due to the nature of Luffy's Devil fruit (weak against heat, maybe unaffected by vibrations). That aside, Akainu would need some truly great onpanel victory against someone big, considering that BB will almost certainly get rid of a certain someone.
    I can't take this ... Luffy weak against heat & sword? If we compared rubber with human skin & flesh, which one more weak against heat & sword? Not to mention Luffy will possess strong COA and already have red hawk attack (use fire).
    Last edited by ZoroXTashigi; October 22nd, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Blackbeard = Archetype of Pure Evil
    World Government = Archetype of Corrupt Tyrant
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
    Let it all go: Fear, doubt, disbelief.
    FREE YOUR MIND!

  8. #48
    Discovered Stowaway Light Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You just made the argument as to exactly why Blackbeard is philosophically the final villain.
    Yes, he's a great counterpart to Luffy, but aside from their attitude towards death they don't exactly contrast each other. Luffy doesn't enjoy chaos and mayhem, but he doesn't directly fight it unless his loved ones are in line. And he's willing to cause it himself for their sake too.

    If there's anyone who are contrasting against Blackbeard's ideas of freedom, it would be the revolutionaries. They're the ones messing with the system for the sake of everyone. Strawhats do it for their dreams. Blackbeards do the same - just with more glee and casualties.

    Just saying tough. I ain't arguing over his role in the endgame.

    Of course, there's also Will of the D. Maybe that will change things when we figure out what it means.
    Last edited by Light Bro; October 22nd, 2014 at 11:24 AM.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Teach.

    Spoiler:
    Raftel is going to be only the beginning of the end.
    LoooooooooL I apply right away.

  10. #50
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Yeah, I guess. Blackbeard will be hard to top.
    But I could see Akainu being the tougher matchup simply due to the nature of Luffy's Devil fruit (weak against heat, maybe unaffected by vibrations). That aside, Akainu would need some truly great onpanel victory against someone big, considering that BB will almost certainly get rid of a certain someone.
    You know what I'm curious about?

    How did anyone reading Marineford arc had come to the conclusion that Blackbeard is more dangerous and stronger of the two.

  11. #51
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jules197 View Post
    Glad to see a guy who can definitely have a logical argument and is able to clearly explain why he disagrees with someone else's point of view. Bravo!
    He discussed the subject to death in the first version of this thread. He must be tired to make lenghty post about it.
    Last edited by desa; October 22nd, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

  12. #52
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoroXTashigi View Post
    I can't take this ... Luffy weak against heat & sword? If we compared rubber with human skin & flesh, which one more weak against heat & sword? Not to mention Luffy will possess strong COA and already have red hawk attack (use fire).
    What do you mean, you can't take this? Luffy being vulnerable to heat and cutting attacks is established, he just learned to protect himself from weaker attacks. Hody freaking Jones was already enough to break his Coa. Similar, the flames produced from Red Hawk are hardly comparable to a magma fist from Akainu. It would surprise me if Oda wouldn't make that a thing when Luffy fights him near the end of the series (if only to show how he overcomes one of his greatest weaknesses on the highest level, shounen style).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinelark
    This hunch just leads me to believe Blackbeard wants to tear apart the World Gov't, but instead of for a good reason, he'd probably do it with the intent of trying to descend the world either into madness or subject it to his rule.
    Blackbeard destroying the World Government would be amazing, but I worry that I would probably start to root for him if he does.


  13. #53

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    You know what I'm curious about?

    How did anyone reading Marineford arc had come to the conclusion that Blackbeard is more dangerous and stronger of the two.
    I don't know what you mean by 'anyone', but Blackbeard was dangerous then(not as dangerous as the two implied). He's now a yonkou, makes him much more dangerous.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

  14. #54
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    You know what I'm curious about?

    How did anyone reading Marineford arc had come to the conclusion that Blackbeard is more dangerous and stronger of the two.
    People are talking about his level at the end of the series not the one he had at marineford.

    Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

  15. #55
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    I don't know what you mean by 'anyone', but Blackbeard was dangerous then(not as dangerous as the two implied). He's now a yonkou, makes him much more dangerous.
    Why does it?

    See, it's like saying that Akainu being Fleet Admiral makes him that more dangerous. If we compare the resources the two had at their command, I would say that Sakazuki's growth has been more substantial.

    Also, you people put way too much faith in the Yonkou title.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    People are talking about his level at the end of the series not the one he had at marineford.
    Baseless speculation then?

    Akainu is a logia with the ability to ignore haki attacks. That means functional immortality against most opponents.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Why does it?

    See, it's like saying that Akainu being Fleet Admiral makes him that more dangerous. If we compare the resources the two had at their command, I would say that Sakazuki's growth has been more substantial.

    Also, you people put way too much faith in the Yonkou title.
    I agree with your Akainu statement. When it comes to the Yonkous, we all know they are the most feared and respected pirates in the New World. I remember when Shanks blocked Akainu's punch and him(Akainu) sweating bullets. There's been a lot of emphasis on how terrifying a yonkou can be, so yes, I'm going to be hopeful for them.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

  17. #57
    Luffy>OtherSupernova ZoroXTashigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dressroba

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    What do you mean, you can't take this? Luffy being vulnerable to heat and cutting attacks is established, he just learned to protect himself from weaker attacks. Hody freaking Jones was already enough to break his Coa. Similar, the flames produced from Red Hawk are hardly comparable to a magma fist from Akainu. It would surprise me if Oda wouldn't make that a thing when Luffy fights him near the end of the series (if only to show how he overcomes one of his greatest weaknesses on the highest level, shounen style).
    I mean, it annoy me if someone say Luffy weak to fire & sword because his rubber, but common people also have same weakness. If Luffy doesn't eat DF, he still weak to heat & fire (that is the point). And you can't compare luffy's CoA from Fishman Island Arc with Final Arc ... because it will be disappointing if Luffy's CoA not at least = Prime Garp, because both use fist-fights.

  18. #58
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    I agree with your Akainu statement. When it comes to the Yonkous, we all know they are the most feared and respected pirates in the New World.
    Which is why everyone has been going around picking fights with them, without a care in the world...

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    I remember when Shanks blocked Akainu's punch and him(Akainu) sweating bullets. There's been a lot of emphasis on how terrifying a yonkou can be, so yes, I'm going to be hopeful for them.
    I disagree. I would rather say that it was a simple surprise, which is understandable, since he basicaly teleported in front of him in a way that would make Kizaru proud.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Which is why everyone has been going around picking fights with them, without a care in the world...



    I disagree. I would rather say that it was a simple surprise, which is understandable, since he basicaly teleported in front of him in a way that would make Kizaru proud.
    Another reason why it's highly anticipated, the after affects of Yonkous falling(Big Mom&Kaidou), isn't that exciting?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

  20. #60
    As eleGant as ever! Lao G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Moscow, Russia

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Why does it?



    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Baseless speculation then?

    Akainu is a logia with the ability to ignore haki attacks. That means functional immortality against most opponents.
    I actually somewhat want Kuzan to be Akainu's final opponent. For once in a while, I want to see two Logias dueling, with each fruit being an antipod of one another. Luffy beating Akainu's just doesn't sound right to me somehow, because a fight with Luffy Haki punching Sakazuki would be boring in my opinion. I also want Kuzan to have his ultimate revenge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts