View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
624. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

410 65.71%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 6.25%
  • The Gorosei

85 13.62%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

13 2.08%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.48%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.48%
  • Kong

2 0.32%
  • Dragon

6 0.96%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.32%
  • Other

61 9.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Blackbeard feels like the logical choice, but...
    • Oda mentioned that Marineford is nothing compared to what he has in store for the final war, and the Government seems to be the better pick through sheer numbers and famous names alone. 4 Admiral level opponents, several already known and established Vice Admirals and a ton of Pacifista to keep Luffy's allied captains in check. Blackbeard will have his army, but it's hard to imagine that he will top the combined forces of the Government.
    • Blackbeard is obviously Luffy's top rival when it comes to finding One Piece, nothing to debate there. But that combined with Rayleigh's words "you could change nothing as you are now" hints that the real fun begins once Luffy beats Blackbeard, which, at this point, can only mean destroying the World Government. This is also the major reason why I can't see a BB vs. SHs vs. Government scenario.
    Anyway, I think having 2 top villains waiting at the end is a great concept, and it surely feels like Oda is having fun building them up.

Still voting Teach though since "Government" isn't an option (and "other" always looks like the "I don't care option")
    Well, there was the Gorosei, but your already voted, so.... yeah.

• Blackbeard is obviously Luffy's top rival when it comes to finding One Piece, nothing to debate there. But that combined with Rayleigh's words "you could change nothing as you are now" hints that the real fun begins once Luffy beats Blackbeard, which, at this point, can only mean destroying the World Government. This is also the major reason why I can't see a BB vs. SHs vs. Government scenario.
    This always seemed like a good possibility. Like you said, the fun starts once Luffy beats Blackbeard. And his final enemy isn't just one captain or one admiral, but the establishment of WG.
    But there would still need to be someone strong for Luffy's last fight, it's shounen after all. I don't see Akainu as the one. Smoker and Coby either. And someone new would be a little too much. I don't know.

I'd like it if that new Shichibukai turned out to be a major villain. I know, a Shichibukai betraying WG isn't exactly a fresh concept, but they weren't to be trusted from the start.

I would've voted for World government but it's not in the option. Gorosie or Kong is not WG, they are just part of WG. So yeah whoever that made that list messed up, they won't be anything like final villain since the final fight would be a war between Strawhats and an organization meaning they could be multiple villains within the war luffy has to fight against.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Whitebeard said when the One Piece is found, which will be after Luffy fought Blackbeard, a massive war will break out.

This war will be Pirates vs Marines and that's why I think the last Villian will be Akainu.
    Plus Akainu killed Ace. This bolsters my theory though you never know with Oda.

My Team Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Well, there was the Gorosei, but your already voted, so.... yeah.
    Yeah, but the problem I have with "The Gorosei" or "Akainu" is that they don't really reflect the whole system, even if they are at the top of it. Yes, it's nitpicky.

Quote Originally Posted by MJR. View Post
    Whitebeard said when the One Piece is found, which will be after Luffy fought Blackbeard, a massive war will break out
    Luffy and Blackbeard don't necessarily need to fight at Raftel. Blackbeard might lack the ability to hear the voices, an ability that Luffy does possess, and be unable to find Raftel. This would lead to Luffy becoming Pirate King before Blackbeard, Blackbeard's dreams being crushed, and Blackbeard seeking to take Luffy's title by killing him. To me, tjis make the most thematic sense, but that's just my opinion.

Like others said before, I'm in the 'other ' category. I think it'll be the Gorosei.
    Once They reach Raftel and after Blackbeard and possible Yonkou are defeated, The crew and their allies will fight the highest tier of the WG.

After the True History is revealed they might have even more reason to fight them, especially Robin. The 5 Gorosai, Kong, Admirals, Shichibukai, etc;. Would make for an extremely good final war group.
    Leap of Faith - A Robin x Luffy Fanfic I'm writing.

While Blackbeard is built up to be the final villain, I have to admit that he doesn't feel like one from a philosophical point of view. He and Luffy are very similar; they're both dreamers, they both want to become the Pirate King, they're both willing to challenge the world for their dreams etc... The only real differences between them are that Blackbeard is far more sadistic and immoral and fears death. Luffy doesn't like evil pirates like him but he doesn't actively fight them unless they threaten or hurt his friends. That or they kill their own crewmates while Blackbeard seems to care about them for some extent. The Government is really the one who directly stands against Luffy's ideals of freedom with it's tyrannical order.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    While Blackbeard is built up to be the final villain, I have to admit that he doesn't feel like one from a philosophical point of view. He and Luffy are very similar; they're both dreamers, they both want to become the Pirate King, they're both willing to challenge the world for their dreams etc... The only real differences between them are that Blackbeard is far more sadistic and immoral and fears death. Luffy doesn't like evil pirates like him but he doesn't actively fight them unless they threaten or hurt his friends. That or they kill their own crewmates while Blackbeard seems to care about them for some extent. The Government is really the one who directly stands against Luffy's ideals of freedom with it's tyrannical order.
    From my perception, Luffy is representative of freedom, Blackbeard is chaos, and the World Government is Tyrannical Law. Basically, the decision for final villain is something like freedom versus chaos or freedom versus law. I like the former, to be frank. I'd rather have the final battle be about two sides of the same coin than a quarter and a dime, but to all his own I guess. All I'm saying is, Luffy versus Blackbeard does have thematic significance as a final battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh
    But there would still need to be someone strong for Luffy's last fight, it's shounen after all. I don't see Akainu as the one.
    Yeah, I guess. Blackbeard will be hard to top.
    But I could see Akainu being the tougher matchup simply due to the nature of Luffy's Devil fruit (weak against heat, maybe unaffected by vibrations). That aside, Akainu would need some truly great onpanel victory against someone big, considering that BB will almost certainly get rid of a certain someone.

Blackbeard and Akainu will both be at the tail end of One Piece, so no matter what route the story goes; it'll be exciting.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

I'm going to go with Blackbeard as it stands right now. I firmly believe Blackbeard has the goal of shaking the world up, but for worse, not better. His name has D. for a reason, even if Whitebeard declared him to not be one the ones "Roger is waiting for".

This hunch just leads me to believe Blackbeard wants to tear apart the World Gov't, but instead of for a good reason, he'd probably do it with the intent of trying to descend the world either into madness or subject it to his rule.

The final villain will be a rabbit moon goddess who is the source and progenitor of all Devil Fruits, and she'll enslave all humans on earth in giant tree roots in order to create the ultimate Devil Fruit tree.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    The final villain will be a rabbit moon goddess who is the source and progenitor of all Devil Fruits, and she'll enslave all humans on earth in giant tree roots in order to create the ultimate Devil Fruit tree.
    This is funny.
    Spoiler:
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Yeah, I guess. Blackbeard will be hard to top. But I could see Akainu being the tougher matchup simply due to the nature of Luffy's Devil fruit (weak against heat, maybe unaffected by vibrations). That aside, Akainu would need some truly great onpanel victory against someone big, considering that BB will almost certainly get rid of a certain someone.
    You mean Shanks, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MJR. View Post
    Whitebeard said when the One Piece is found, which will be after Luffy fought Blackbeard, a massive war will break out.
    No it won't .

Shanks dying at the hands of Blackbeard is a common theory/belief of the One Piece fandom. I wouldn't be surprised if the story went that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bro View Post
    You just made the argument as to exactly why Blackbeard is philosophically the final villain.

Blackbeard will be Luffy's final opponent before claiming OP.

So far, I feel like the second half of OP has been about Luffy gathering up outside supporters, similar to Whitebeard's 43 allied crews. I think that, by the time we reach the last arc, Akainu will have taken over Kong's position and disposed of the Gorosei, making it a truly climactic fight. Luffy and his allies vs the entirety of the WG.

Quote Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
    Blackbeard will be Luffy's final opponent before claiming OP.
    Nope .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information