View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
624. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

410 65.71%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 6.25%
  • The Gorosei

85 13.62%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

13 2.08%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.48%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.48%
  • Kong

2 0.32%
  • Dragon

6 0.96%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.32%
  • Other

61 9.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2104

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

The anime of Treasure Island (Takarajima) is great. That final scene with Silver is perfect:
    Spoiler:
    https://youtu.be/s7bgm89g4BQ TBS keeps taking down videos, so this is probably the best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Coming from a guy who has never seen, read or even heard of "Treasure Island", BB looks and acts like how an actual real life pirate would. But what is this "Treasure Island" you guys are talking about? Just curious.
    One of the more famous pirate stories, written by Robert Louis Stevenson in 1880.

It was the origin of Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins, and the popularizing of a lot of things, suchs as treasure maps marked with an "X", schooners, the Black Spot, tropical islands, and one-legged seamen bearing parrots on their shoulders.

It's had countless adaptations, including one by the Muppets. one by Hayao Miyazaki, and the Disney version in space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Island

Also this weird ass version that I grew up on.
    Hidden:

Someone saying that he never heard of Treasure's Island feels like the same as someone who never heard of A Christmas Carol.

Spoiler:

Oh I watched that on TV when I was a kid. Then it stopped airing mid story. Never knew if it got canned or our lazy ass TV just never bought more episodes.Not sure if I first watched an older movie or the one with Christian Bale and Charlton Heston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Coming from a guy who has never seen, read or even heard of "Treasure Island", BB looks and acts like how an actual real life pirate would. But what is this "Treasure Island" you guys are talking about? Just curious.
    Treasure Island is the quintessential piece of pirate fiction. Pretty much every single popular modern perception of what a pirate is- often drunk, violent, roguish outsiders with great lust for treasure and equally quick to spend it, and pirate captains being cunning, and well-spoken (and perhaps well-educated) gentlemen that are seem a class above their crew and therefore somewhat out of place- and elements associated with them like treasure maps where X marks the spot, parrots, pirate songs, tropical islands, quite a bit of the pirate lingo like "shiver my timbers" is due to Robert Louis Stevenson's book. Only Peter Pan (which itself was influenced by and even contains references to Treasure Island) comes close to having as much an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    quite a bit of the pirate lingo like "shiver my timbers" is due to Robert Louis Stevenson's book.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiver_my_timbers

Wow. To think I lived this long and I'm the only one who never knew about this piece of literature until now. I guess there are some things you don't learn in school, Hahaha.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Wow. To think I lived this long and I'm the only one who never knew about this piece of literature until now. I guess there are some things you don't learn in school, Hahahahttp://apforums.net/images/smilies/ipb/laughing.png.
    Are you from the West? I mean its not too weird if you're not from Europe or the Americas I guess, though of course neither is Oda so...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Are you from the West? I mean its not too weird if you're not from Europe or the Americas I guess, though of course neither is Oda so...
    I live in the U.S.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Ooh, we talking about Treasure Island? I was in a stage version of that a long time ago! Yeah, for anyone who's really interested in seeing some of the inspiration behind One Piece, I would easily consider that book to be required reading. A lot of the early look of OP feels very Treasure Island-like, for sure, and the book more or less defined the kind of idealized notion of piracy that One Piece is just drenched in. That's not even mentioning the more direct parallels. On top of what others have mentioned, Captain Flint from the book can be seen as a proto-Gold Roger, for example. I recommend at least trying it out!

Long John Silver from Treasure Island gave rise to the parrot-rearing-single-legged pirate stereotype, along with the X on a treasure map and the 'Pirates set sail upon the high seas to reach an island full of buried treasure' pirate tale plot line, while Captain Hook made the... well, hook popular, and planted the false notion that pirates make their victims walk the plank.

Now I am wondering, where did the peg leg (Long John Silver actually used a boring crutch), and the Flying Dutchman tale came from?

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    Now I am wondering, where did the peg leg (Long John Silver actually used a boring crutch), and the Flying Dutchman tale came from?
    The Flying Dutchman is an old seafaring legend, so it's hard to pin down an exact source. There are many variations of the tale, but several of them do name "Van der Decken" as the ship's captain, so One Piece is accurate in that regard... but pretty much only in that regard. It really only because a specifically pirate-related legend AFTER the increase in popularity of pirate fiction, though, the versions that came before it were more open to interpretation. As for peglegs, they were an actual replacement for missing limbs before modern prosthetics, and even for some time after. They only really became associated with pirates because of how dangerous sailing could be, and so many seafarers went around with missing limbs. Though for a specific literary example of peglegs being associated with sailors, Captain Ahab from Moby-Dick is a really well known pegleg wearer. He wasn't a pirate, but he did help solidify the "salty captain" stereotype that pervades a great deal of nautical fiction. Also, I have to take some issue with your comment about Long John Silver's "boring crutch" considering at one point in the novel he uses it to break a man's spine by throwing it at him. That's pretty rad if you ask me.
    Last edited by Kylor; July 10th, 2016 at 12:31 AM.

I'm sure it was posted here somewhere. But here it is again:

Luffy vs Akainue (fan art manga)

https://i.imgur.com/9MgBWSXl.png

It is very inteseting for a fan art.

Treasure Planet is a cool adaptation too :p

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC (in 2014) View Post
    The final villain will be a rabbit moon goddess who is the source and progenitor of all Devil Fruits, and she'll enslave all humans on earth in giant tree roots in order to create the ultimate Devil Fruit tree.
    Whoa Carrot's the final villain.
    Thus concludes my

Quote Originally Posted by Audity View Post
    Whoa Carrot's the final villain.
    Super Saiyan God Super Sulong or Super Sulong Blue for short.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Treasure Planet is a cool adaptation too :p
    Treasure planet was awesome. A pity Disney dumped it before it was even in theatres. I also remember some old Anime about treasure Island. Silver was blonde there iirc.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I feel like the final villain is either the Gorosei or Teach. Depends on which way Oda decides to take it of course but I think he'll go with the Gorosei. One Piece feels more like it's about changing the World Structure rather than beating One Man.
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Super Saiyan God Super Sulong or Super Sulong Blue for short.
    SSG? Luffy would be killed in a second (2 seconds if he activated his G4)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    I'm sure it was posted here somewhere. But here it is again:

Luffy vs Akainue (fan art manga)

https://i.imgur.com/9MgBWSXl.png

It is very inteseting for a fan art.
    I like how the first page began with Lucci already jobbing to Luffy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information