+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    I'm still not used to the Great Sword. It's a heavy weapon and chaining combos is quite difficult, specially if you intend to strike with the triple charged combo.
    You can follow up the second charged strike with a wide slash (O on PS4) It's a lot faster and you don't potentially go out of range like you could with the 3rd charge.

I really need to use different weapons. I think 75% of my hunts are with dual blades. I keep telling myself to use some ranged weapons but it's way too fun just beating things to death.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    You can follow up the second charged strike with a wide slash (O on PS4) It's a lot faster and you don't potentially go out of range like you could with the 3rd charge.

I really need to use different weapons. I think 75% of my hunts are with dual blades. I keep telling myself to use some ranged weapons but it's way too fun just beating things to death.
    I Charge Blade everything except Nerg, for which I have a set of Dual Blades. Charge Blade is super frustrating, but when you nail the full discharge, it's fantastic.

The Guard Point into Full Discharge is my favorite combo.

My preferred light weapon are the Dual Blades. Tell me it doesn't remind you of AoT when performing the Rolling Slash.

As for blunt weapons, Hammer over the Hunting Horn anyday.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Good clip of me and my brothers playing. Yes, that's me with the anguished scream:

https://youtu.be/qrW9aCdR8sw
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

Testing the Heavy Bowgun, and, dear god, I'm such a noob with this weapon, even the Great Jagras would pummel me. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Testing the Heavy Bowgun, and, dear god, I'm such a noob with this weapon, even the Great Jagras would pummel me. Any advice?
    It was my main weapon! Hardest thing with the heavy bowgun I'd say is mastering the reload times. Most of my deaths come from reloading at bad times.

Use the special firing mode (B on Xbox) whenever it's loaded up to save on ammo, though be careful when switching between modes.

Depends what version of the weapon, but for mods I mainly stuck with the reloading assists for faster reloading.

Other than that, use your heavy fire when you knock a monster down (wyvern ammo and cluster bombs) they deal great damage but they're slow.

Find which ammo types your gun can use and keep an eye on it's ingredients to farm when needed. I really grew to love the pierce ammo and the sticky bombs. Never go into a fight without a sufficient amount of ammo. I don't think I ever used the normal ammo.

Main thing is mastering the reload times for each ammo. It's really hard to go back to melee once you get used to the hbg

It's really not expensive to keep up with the ammo if you farm here and there.

Also make sure to reload every ammo type when the monster runs away. I forgot the name, but some guns have an alternate fire called "wyvern snipe" I think, which really packs a punch

It's really satisfying loading monsters up with delayed exploding ammos, to have the ammo go off as you hit it simultaneously with dps ammo, only to knock it down so you can get up close and fire the wyvern ammo.

That's about all my advice I can think of for now!
    Last edited by thegab; March 6th, 2018 at 02:49 PM.

Woo beat the main boss. That fight definitely is a fight against fatigue. Now for optional quests, events and arena stuff.

I've picked up the bow to start using against the airborne ones and ones I just don't want to be standing under. So far it's been a fun play style. I like not having to sharpen it lol. But the bagpipe still has to be sharpened...

There's going to be a Spring update broadcast scheduled for March 14th.

Spoiler:

No loading screens will save you from him anymore.

I'm....a lot of hours into the game and just now using the radial menu. It's so convenient! Man, I can't imagine playing an earlier game now.

Still beating up monsters for HR 100 so I can unlock the final quest. I'm trying to distract myself from the grind by going after gems and hero stones but it's taking forever. Going up only a couple ranks per sitting is rough.

I can't believe getting a crown for every monster is an achievement. That's a platinum blocker if I ever saw one lol. I only have 16 out of the current 56 crowns so unless I go on some crazy streak before hitting HR 100 those achievements will be left alone.

22th March update is packed with a lot of juicy stuff. Look forward to the new improvements for weapons and the upcoming new monsters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Kulu-Ya-Ku just throwed a rock at Deviljho. Either this bird has the biggest balls in the game of any middle-threat level monster, or is just too dumb to live.

And yeah, Deviljho just did what he knows best: Throw the offender against the wall.

Holy shit, that turf war with Bazelgeuse was fucking insane! And the staff just confirmed the two invasive monsters are actually rivals.

Of course they are, they are both invader monsters.

Universing Misunderstandal

I feel for a single monster release, Deviljho has shown some pretty satisfying interactions with the other monsters.
    Just hope he gets a good number of maps to fight the other mons on.
    I would love to see big pickle Rex fighting Diablos, Odogaron, and at least one of the Elder Dragons.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

Deviljho is a nomadic wyvern, it goes wherever he pleases. Official website states this fucker may invade players on any HR quest and expeditions.

After several failed attempts and many hours of practice, I think I'm starting to get the trick with the Heavy Bowgun. Just managed to beat a Tzitzi-Ya-Ku duo and barely took any damage. The wyvern fire and the explosive shots are some of my favorites.

Many thanks to thegab for the advice, you helped me a lot.

I'm on my way to a full set of Kirin armor for my dude. I cant get enough of the armor that doesn't look to bulky.

Now I just need more Val parts to upgrade my great sword. I finally was able to up my long sword and bow. And now I need to work or getting the fire and ice dual wield swords.

Still haven't got through high-rank yet since I took about a two-month break from the game. Just got to the optional Kirin quest and geez, it's a lot stronger than all the previous monsters.

I've told to myself many times that it's ok to not bring any dung pods, as I can deal with pretty much anything at this point. Anything except that goddamn agressive minecone invader. How can I ever hope to face off with Nergigante, when I cannot beat that fucker.

Deviljho has arrived. And it was startling lol. He killed the Tobi I was hunting and ended my quest for me lol.

That fucker has turf wars with every apex monster. Except Odogaron, which it uses to smack us into oblivion. It also german suplexes Diablos and breaks one of its horns in the proces.

Deviljho's dragonbreath got nerfed pretty hard. Less range and way less damage as well. My armor has horrible dragon resistance and it doesn't really faze me at all

Deviljho is a 6-7 HR monster, this is to be expected. Where the bastard hurts for real is with its sheer brute force and when it uses a smaller monster as a mallet.

Then again, I had endgame equipment, so I thought I would face him off with equipment I had on in my first hunt against Bazelgeuse. Needless to say, he handed my ass pretty bad.

By the by, Capcom confirmed Lagiacrus won't be in World. To be honest, I don't expect any leviathan class to make it to the game other than Agnaktor and Mizutsune.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information