+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Dear newcomers, lemme put it short: you are in for a REAL BAD time.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

A lot of hunters really like Zinogre. I don't blame them; its design is great and the theme is amazing. However, he's a pretty easy hunt compared to the other end game monsters.

Now Rajang...that's a real monster. I can't wait to see what he's like in Iceborne. Ever since we saw Tigrex and Glavenus, my mind went to Rajang as a monster I wanted back. He has more screws loose than all of them combined lol. I wonder how many new turf wars we'll get. There's a bunch of different combinations now.

Universing Misunderstandal

I'm very curious to see what else reintroducing the Fanged Beast skeleton entails for future title updates, since it's unlikely it'd be a one and done usage.

Hopefully it means Blangonga or Kecha Wawa returns, though outside of Rajang and Gammoth, none of the other beasts would be elder/elder-level threats and probably not great end-game content...
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

A few old monsters were either alluded to or outright referenced in conversations in the HQ.

One fellow fifth fleet hunter says "Shagaroo". As in, "Shagaru Magala".

The Meowscular chef mentions the Rajang in one of his personal requests, and the Admiral's hair is compared to its mane (and guess who shows up in the same trailer).

The Ace cadet makes a pun with "ass" and "Astalos".

One hunter comments on how Bazelgeuse reminds him of another invader that also flings its scales to hunt.

Any of these could either already be in the expansion, or a post launch free update.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

I need Shagaru Magala armor in full HD goodness.

Universing Misunderstandal

Played 8.5 hours once it came out, and near ready to get back into it.
    Accidentally missed that you don't get to keep augments when you start upgrading past the High Rank gear, so I wasted a little time teaching Tempered Vaal Hazak the pain of Clutch Claw Lance.

Almost done with the MR2 Optional Quests, but sadly I feel like a majority of the monsters found there will have niche armor at best (lvl 4 slots and armor being their best qualities), so I only really grab an armor piece if it might be useful later.
    At least you don't need as many parts as before to upgrade weapons, which helps with all the things that branch out.

Palico Snap might have events that only occur on Expeditions; in general I like the concept, just wish the Grimalkynes cycled through their different actions more often.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

What's up with the Velkhana dynamic theme? It's just a camera being rotated around a still model of it? The fuck? The Nergigante one is infinitely better.

Okay, I guess I'll just start playing now. But that difference in quality is just jarring.

Rajang truly triggers major hunting PTSD.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information