+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    Hoping for many new exciting turf wars.
    Can't wait for more news on this expansion, Smash Ultimate should make the year fly by for this.
    And KH3, and DMC5, and GE3, and ToV remaster... so many options.

Shame about the main game and how it'll be bereft of all the G-Rank goodness (finalized weapons/armors) and roster, but I guess it'll make the expansion just that more enjoyable.
    But this is an expansion that adds to the main game and continues the story from where it ended, as opposed to how they used to do until Generations, by launching the full game again with the G Rank and all at full price.

Or did I just read your post wrong. What did you mean with "bereft"? That we have to wait almost a year to taste all the goodness of G-Rank and such?
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Robby, you got any sense of what weapon you're going to run, or are y'all going in completely blind?
    My friend, knowing in advance that its useless, will be using the bug weapon. They have a thing for bugs.

From what I remember playing the demo a year ago I'll probably go sword and board, dual blade, or bow. The big giant slow weapons don't do much for me.

Make sure to choose variety when upgrading your weapon. For example, I wouldn't upgrade two similar weapons that require the materials from the same monster, if you don't want to have to slay many of the same kind in hopes of obtaining the materials that are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    My friend, knowing in advance that its useless, will be using the bug weapon. They have a thing for bugs.

From what I remember playing the demo a year ago I'll probably go sword and board, dual blade, or bow. The big giant slow weapons don't do much for me.
    The bug weapon is not that bad, just let them know that while jumping around is cool, they could do more damage from the ground with the same weapon.

I went sword and shield, and I enjoyed it a lot, good combination of speed and damage, semi-reliable jumps, blunt and sharp damage and the versatility of using items with weapons out, that last one eluded me, but you as a team player might find better uses for it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Universing Misunderstandal

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    But this is an expansion that adds to the main game and continues the story from where it ended, as opposed to how they used to do until Generations, by launching the full game again with the G Rank and all at full price.

Or did I just read your post wrong. What did you mean with "bereft"? That we have to wait almost a year to taste all the goodness of G-Rank and such?
    I am aware of Ultimate editions of old, was just saying the main game will remain a fairly smol from where it started content-wise, though with its gameplay/environmental advancements I still consider it well worth.
    Perhaps I'm just hyped that it'll be a very big advance from the relative size of World compared to 4U and GenU.

Since we can already see the glorious G-Rank armors, I'm at least expectant for sizable broadening of the monster roster with more newcomers, oldcomers, and variants all around as is G Rank tradition.
    We got Nargacuga, so we can at least assume Barrioth and Tigrex are shoe-ins (possibly even Ukanlos and Akantor), maybe even a new user of their variation of the Wyvern Skeleton.
    Then there's subspecies we haven't gotten for old monsters like Jade Barroth and any of the new monsters like Anjanath, Odoggo, and Bazel.

And I'm anticipating for G-Rank weapons to escape the samey weapon designs most trees end in.

I do wonder what they'll do with gear that surpasses the Augmented state...
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

And I'm anticipating for G-Rank weapons to escape the samey weapon designs most trees end in.
    I'm fairly certain the only reason many weapon designs look the same is because they are actually not finished. I know that because, for example, the Tobi weapon tree Gunlance and Bow acquire unique designs, while the rest of the weapons are stuck in the "base weapon with monster materials arranged over" phase.

It's actually funny. I've lost the count of how many times we've discussed about the existence of an ice environment in this thread. And now they finally gave us that, along with the G Rank and all the stuff that an Ultimate expansion of a MH delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    One of my brothers ran almost the entire main game with bug glaive and did quite well. There are some pretty good sets for it. Plus, it looks fun as hell.

Dual Blades were my main backup. They're a little simple, but don't thing anything in the game quite tops landing a good sliding attack on a big critter with those. Bow is a solid, wood-burning weapon. Sword and Shield is vastly underrated.

Guys, put the trailer in slow motion when the Narga shows up. The trail its glowing red eyes left behind actually spells a "G", very clever.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information