+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: General Monster Hunter Thread

Default Re: General Monster Hunter Thread

Arch-tempered Xeno'Jiiva just dropped today. And frankly, I felt like I was facing the G-rank version of the elder dragon, because its moveset has changed quite a lot and even added some new tricks.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And while we're at it, MHW just won the award for Best Cooperative Game. Congrats!
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

So, after winning the award to the best RPG of the year, MH producer Riozo Tsujimoto came to the stage with juicy news for us players: in a few days Capcom will make a BIG announcement about Monster Hunter World.

Apparently, they originally had planned to reveal everything during the award ceremony, but stated that what they are planning to announce in the next few days is too big for just words.

The player base is already speculating about the possibility of a DLC expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    So, after winning the award to the best RPG of the year, MH producer Riozo Tsujimoto came to the stage with juicy news for us players: in a few days Capcom will make a BIG announcement about Monster Hunter World.

Apparently, they originally had planned to reveal everything during the award ceremony, but stated that what they are planning to announce in the next few days is too big for just words.

The player base is already speculating about the possibility of a DLC expansion.
    I hope so. I haven't played since Forsaken came out and have contemplated selling it (not just to do so, times have been rough. It survived my earlier-in-the-years need rent money video game purge) Here's hoping whatever they announce is pretty substantial. They've done a great job since launch considering all the new monsters were free, but you keep a game alive these days with meaty, expansive offerings. I'd say a dozen more monsters (if not more) and 4 or 5 new maps would be enough to keep the larger playerbase engaged for another year or more. Also G-Rank. Please G-Rank

Capcom ain't idiots. A game about slaying monsters of all kinds and wearing them as gear has become not only their fastest selling game, but also their best selling one with over 10 million units sold worldwide. They ain't letting that overwhelming success go to waste, and they are really showing it with entusiasts statements like the one they made during the awards ceremony.

I still haven't really put the game through it's paces.....thanks to Save The World but hey more stuff to plow through once I stop dicking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/st...94217232232448

Welp, you have got me hyped, Capcom.

So I picked this up finally because it was on sale, and I'm going to play with a friend in a couple weeks when we both have time to do so.

Is there any lengthy opening tutorial bits we need to get through beforehand or can you jump into the multiplayer almost immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So I picked this up finally because it was on sale, and I'm going to play with a friend in a couple weeks when we both have time to do so.

Is there any lengthy opening tutorial bits we need to get through beforehand or can you jump into the multiplayer almost immediately?
    siiiiiiigh

SO multiplayer in MHW is fantastic and wonderful and the best multiplayer experience I've had in years

but it is incredibly clunky to get started, especially in early story progression.

First, you need to make sure you're in the same session. At the earliest stages, I'd just either start my own or form a squad in the Gathering Hub and load up into the Squad Session every time.

Then, there are two main varieties of mission in MHW, Story Missions and all the side-quest/exploration stuff. Generally speaking, you can all load into a mission for the latter and then leave at the same time. On Story Missions, however, you've got to get through any story content individually before you can add in other players, which means you usually have a cutscene a few minutes into the mission that you need to clear.

What ended up working for me and my brothers/father was all starting the same Story Mission individually, waiting until we had the option to send up a flare (meaning you can request multiplayer support), then backing out and joining the last person to reach that stage. It's extraordinarily clunky, yes, and it takes a few minutes, but it works.

Mainly, don't get discouraged with the awkwardness in the early going. It's legit amazing, but there's a certain level of feeling like early PS3 days trying to get a multiplayer session together that works.

Save the multiplayer for when you get to High Rank. Or at the very least, till you make it to the first stretch of the Low Rank missions. That's my recommendation.

Also, if you sight something that is pink and has furr over, fucking run.

Better yet, run from everything that the game doesn't tell you to kill.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Save the multiplayer for when you get to High Rank.
    The entire point is to have a game to play with my friend that isn't Dark Souls 3 or Warframe or Overwatch or Rocket League, things we've mined at length already.

Not waiting to get to late game to play with my friend.

I played the entire game with my four-man family squad. It had a learning curve, but it was perfectly fine and a blast. The High Rank stuff makes it easier, but there's still plenty of fun to be had in Low Rank. And there's always some also-fun single-player grinding to do between multiplayer sessions.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

also, they just announced their traditional big expansion, Iceborne, which is due in fall of next year.

Sounds like it's the G-Rank/Ultimate expansion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Sounds like it's the G-Rank/Ultimate expansion as well.
    It is. Much like how they didn't name MHW MH5, they are calling this one Iceborne (sounds cooler) instead of Ultimate Expansion or something along the lines. The best part is Ryozo didn't say this would be the last major title update.

But enough chit-chat, here's the teaser for those who didn't watch.

Robby, you got any sense of what weapon you're going to run, or are y'all going in completely blind?

Oh, advice from a 100 hours newbie, try them all but pick one or two. Each weapon is a whole character, some of them are compatible in style and gameplay, but overall they are very distinct.

Also, don't start to collect armor until you unlock high rank. Low rank armor is a newbie trap, just get the ones that help you survive and advance, but do not go collectionist with them, as they unlike the weapons aren't upgradeable into the better equipment and you can't get the materials back.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Robby, I don't think you could have chosen a better time to start playing the game, now a massive expansion (yes, stated in these words) has been announced for Autumm 2019, and all the stuff that will be coming while we wait for it.

'New quest rank' must mean G rank. So that's already pretty huge without even factoring in new maps and monsters. Good timing avoiding the start of next year when a bunch of anticipated games come out.

so my brother had a hard-drive crap out on PS4 and not very up-to-date Cloud Saves, so he lost over half of his progress. After this announcement, we're all going to start from scratch and main different weapons. Should be about caught up by the time the expansion hits. Pretty excited.

Spoiler:

Anjanath and Girros G armor sets. And that new viking-like armor looks so dope.

Universing Misunderstandal

Hoping for many new exciting turf wars.
    Can't wait for more news on this expansion, Smash Ultimate should make the year fly by for this.

Shame about the main game and how it'll be bereft of all the G-Rank goodness (finalized weapons/armors) and roster, but I guess it'll make the expansion just that more enjoyable.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information