+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robocraft! (The Minecraft for Bots)

Default Robocraft! (The Minecraft for Bots)

Free to play on Steam, really no need to buy premium since you are NOT at a disadvantage against players who do - you use a block-build system similar to Minecraft to build a robot after your own liking, test it, and fight 7 minute battles against other players in team sizes between 10-12 players per team!

What's not to love? You can be a tank, you have access to wings and hovers to build planes and hovercrafts, 3 different types of weapons (SMG, Plasma Bomber, and Sniper Railgun), with a 4th being having been introduced only 2 weeks ago - the Heal-guns that heal your allies and damage your enemies!

EDIT: now 5 types of movement and weaponry to choose from!

It's a great online arena-battle game for free, and I want to spread the love to support the creators and ensure this game keeps getting developed with new additions!

If you're curious, check out some images below to see some crazy designs people come up with (which still work and can wreck people!)

The flying house
    Spoiler:

The Magic School Bus (I've lost to this guy many times, he's a beast):
    Spoiler:

A little regatta:
    Spoiler:

Example of a functioning plane:
    Spoiler:

And of course, some Pokemon designs!
    Spoiler:

Samus from Metroid
    Spoiler:

I could probably go on, but I hope that some of you will decide to give this game a try, maybe add me as a friend on Steam (Juvar) and then we can play together (platoons up to 3 people without premium)

RP gain (the currency), btw, is calculated via lots of factors - number of kills, obviously, but also assists (damaging an enemy enough even when killed by somebody else) to prevent kill-steals, scouting for enemies, and protecting allies. As a medic, you will gain in-game currency for healing your allies in addition to the standard hitting-enemies RP calculations.

It's constantly evolving and a lot of fun to play :)
    Last edited by Juvar; December 17th, 2014 at 06:05 AM. Reason: updates :)
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Default Re: Robocraft! (The Minecraft for Bots)

Are they still using that piercing railgun weapon that basically ignores all your armoured blocks, which therefore can be used to "snipe" your core block and kill you in one hit?

Also the steam reviews were mostly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Are they still using that piercing railgun weapon that basically ignores all your armoured blocks, which therefore can be used to "snipe" your core block and kill you in one hit?

Also the steam reviews were mostly negative.
    The piercing railgun exists but it doesn't work that way anymore. Damage is regulated quite well and as long as you don't use pure cube armour, but instead redirect damage (because it gets passed from block to block only if they connect), then you can withstand them just fine.

Also, we have Electroplates now, basically a giant shield that, when hit, absorbs the damage and can recharge if not hit for about 10 seconds. All weapon types are pretty balanced and will continue being changed according to gameplay feedback.

I haven't read the reviews, but I love the game and I'd say you have to test it for yourself and see if you like the concept. It does involve working on your robots a lot and improve them, but I really like the challenge of designing something super sturdy or super fast and evasive according to your own personal liking

EDIT: Before the last major overhaul, after each battle you'd have to pay repair costs according to the percentage of your robot destroyed, where in Tier 1-4 you'd never lose more than you win, and introducing the possibility of losses in the higher tiers (especially Tier 10, the highest) to reward good players and make advancing harder.

However, too many people complained, so you cannot lose anything anymore, and you even get a bonus on RP gain for every premium user in battle. Basically, there's NO WAY to lose cash anymore, in any way. Which was done mostly to appeal to people that dislike the grinding and sometimes frustrating one-shot kills. But no more of that.
    Last edited by Juvar; October 18th, 2014 at 08:43 AM.

eh i already have too many hours in kerbal so why not...

Another thing that makes it stand out above other multiplayer-battlers is that paying users do not receive ANY additional OP weapon or armour - everyone works with the same cubes and parts. The only difference is that paying users gain more cash in battles, thus progressing faster - but since each tank has its own TIER ranking according to the parts used (better guns = higher tier), you won't face overpowered people.

It's really balanced and only getting better. The only thing I'd advise people is to have fun designing, since if you have no clue what you do and just place a brick on 2 wheels, you'll obviously die instantly. Lots of steam reviews seem to be written by people complaining things are overpowered or so on, when in reality they just don't pay attention to their own design and rush in to face 5 enemies alone. Which never works.

since servers r dead,

are cars viable in this game or do u literally need to make aircraft to have a chance of winning?

since servers r dead,

are cars viable in this game or do u literally need to make aircraft to have a chance of winning?
    Aircrafts are only available starting at T4 or 5 I believe, and they can be easily shot down if you're not careful. Ground-tanks are the best choice at the start, hovers become more useful later because they are harder to hit with the plasmas (which have radius damage and therefore deal less damage if you're higher up, if they only hit the ground below you, whereas wheel tanks are more susceptible).

They also came up with a brand new movement type, Walker legs. They can cling to any surface, enabling you to walk up walls or even hang on ceilings (on the few maps that have ceilings).

Flyers are a pain, but with SMG's you can usually shoot them down well as their accuracy is pretty good. Up to T3 you'll only have wheels and SMG's available anyways, then you get access to Plasmas and Railguns.

Cars/tanks/hovers are usually the best options to shrug off damage though, as with a plane, you start losing control after one or two wings are shot off.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It's back online now! For a 3 day premium reward, enter the code SERVGETWELLSOON-254677 before loggin in =)

so apparently they removed the old t1 parts so you have to grind to tier 5 if you want to make airplanes or anything. Everything used to available at t1.

Cars also flip over too often and railguns are still too strong, even if not as as strong as before.

so apparently they removed the old t1 parts so you have to grind to tier 5 if you want to make airplanes or anything. Everything used to available at t1.

Cars also flip over too often and railguns are still too strong, even if not as as strong as before.
    You seem pretty butthurt. Those are only available later because most people have no clue how to build. If you car flips over, it has a bad center of gravity. If you can't fly, your plane is too heavy. There's lots of physics involved, and you need to learn how to use them. If everything was available from the start, even more people would complain like this.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Reminds me of Planet Explorers
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    You seem pretty butthurt. Those are only available later because most people have no clue how to build. If you car flips over, it has a bad center of gravity. If you can't fly, your plane is too heavy. There's lots of physics involved, and you need to learn how to use them. If everything was available from the start, even more people would complain like this.
    nope, it is actually a long grind

and it also resets if you move your seat around.

railgun destroys like 20 or so blocks in 1 go. Since your limited to machine gun spam at the start u'd end up losing 5 or so turrets from 1 hit and you cant even counter since he outranges you.

nope, it is actually a long grind

and it also resets if you move your seat around.

railgun destroys like 20 or so blocks in 1 go. Since your limited to machine gun spam at the start u'd end up losing 5 or so turrets from 1 hit and you cant even counter since he outranges you.
    Again, only if the guns are connected to each other, so it all depends on design - if you get killed more than 50% of the time you're doing something wrong, but watch some videos to help with the design and you'll be fine. Either way, everyone should really check it out for themselves because this is just giving a really shitty impression :D

Everything is working perfect at the moment and it's lots of fun. I've just finally bought Healing Guns, and it's awesome. Suit yourself to suit your preferred gameplay style, build what you want, have fun! I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, Juvar23 on Robocraft and Juvar on Steam.

I'd just be happy to talk about this awesome game with more people :)

Oh, I really like this game, though I had to take a break from it.

I've created a rat/mouse tank that works pretty well, gonna edit this post later with pictures.
    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by GJardim; October 25th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    Oh, I really like this game, though I had to take a break from it.

I've created a rat/mouse tank that works pretty well, gonna edit this post later with pictures.
    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    That actually looks pretty hilarious :D
    I had a match today, where I found 3 (!!) Pokemon in my team - Giratina, Parasect, and Galvantula. It was awesome. They looked perfect, too. Pretty amazing stuff.
    Also, it's one thing to make them look like something - but still having them be viable to play with and kill enemies is amazing.

I still haven't fully gone into the make-stuff-look-like-something-for-fun phase because I am missing the time and (in-game) money, but it looks amazing and always makes me happy seeing some great bots!

Seems like I didn't spark ANYBODY's interest with this game, sadly (or you just haven't told me) but I wanted to take this opportunity to announce

A NEW UPDATE (since last week)

with more variety of movement (caterpillar tank tracks!) and melee tesla blades for super effective damage :D
    Here's an overview of the update:

Spoiler:

I know no one here really cares for it, but free 4th garage slot with the premium code HAPPY-2015 - which means you can have 4 bots at the same time instead of 3. More messing around with builds, more cash, more fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information