Closed Thread
Page 245 of 505 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 10084

Thread: My Hero Academia - Gomu Gomu no Gentle Fist

Default Re: My Hero Academia - United States of SMASH

While watching the episode and seeing the alright but not good art, I knewn something like that fight was going to happen. That was amazing. If only all the fights were animated like that.

Another pretty good episode, anchored by that fantastic ending. I liked the opening, with good music. It gave me the type of chills the manga does every time I read that scene. The middle had a few good bits, and of course the ending was spectacular. I was annoyed by the staging in several parts though, like how the four boys were off in a neat line for observation after Noumu's strike instead of arrayed in combat positions. The biggest problem is one they've had in recent episodes, where momentum absolutely dies when cutting away from action to other characters' discussion. There's just no sense of urgency in the line delivery or music. I'm also thinking that people might be a bit less thrilled with the season finale since it's mostly bluffing and exposition.

Hopefully Bones figures out their pacing problems next season. I've still got my fingers crossed for it covering both the festival (8-9 episodes) and workplace training (4-5 episodes) arcs.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Gosh it is so incredible rewatching this part of the story knowing what we do now. The animation could have been better quality, but I was still thoroughly impressed :D
    Hidden:

It is announced that Boku no Hero Academia going to have 2nd season of anime.

Awesome! That's great.

Stain is silhouetted in the announcement picture too so we're either going to get 26 episodes or a faster paced season. I'd lean towards the latter- a lot of the festival chapters are action heavy and should go pretty quickly.

Well Dekus Mom reaction was realistic, but i expect some people comparing her to Chichi...
    "IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

We get confirmation All Might was the number one hero...in Japan. Want to see MHA Alpha Flight, Justice League and Excalibur. An international hero school training exercise/tournament would be cool too. Nice to see consequences for Jeanist getting trashed by AFO. That part with Ragdoll, heartbreaking. The higher ups covered up her losing her quirk. Love the inverse of All Might being a symbol for society and AFO's identity and abilities being hidden as much as possible.

This series has the best parents. Bakugou's mom is fantastic. Completely understand where Momma Deku is coming from. It's been built up nicely. Don't see how they can convince her other than Deku saying he'll be a hero with or without UA forcing her to agree only for him to get the proper training.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It is announced that Boku no Hero Academia going to have 2nd season of anime.
    Here's hoping for a bigger budget.

NNID: jervinnectar

Jirou's father is Kurt. Go figure.

And when international heroes are coming?

Geez, I mean I understand Deku's mom being like that, but with the context of her throughout the series, she really is a bad mother. I don't get the sense that she's ever considered her son's own feelings, except for making him a costume, which rang more as a 'sorry I was a terrible mother' sort of a deal. Deku's growth and maturity has always been independent or in spite of his mother's thoughts and actions. She dared to take pride in Deku after his development and then goes and stifles him again without even considering his thoughts and feelings. On one hand I can't blame her for being protective, considering the circumstances, but on the other she seems to be motivated by an inherent distrust for her son.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I sort of agree with Wags, but since Deku is really the only student so far who has been injuring himself further and further every time, I can totally understand Deku's mom.

I really liked seeing some of the parents again. Always really nice because again, in many series the parents are dead.

BTW, I love Bakugou even more now after seeing his mother.

I think its fair that she's reacting like that and not at all a bad mother.

One for All has effectively been destroying his body to the point that not even Recovery Girl and intense surgery can do anything for him. She's been sitting on the side cheering him on but there is only so much damage he can take before her own personal dam breaks.

Absolutely loved this chapter. I feel Jirou doesn't get enough love so seeing her receive any kind of focus is great, and that comedy was perfect. Bakumom is amazing too and the melancholy mood in the last page with Bakugou really shows his growth and the depth he has.

As for Izuku's mom, I think it's clear she's not making this decision out of selfishness but out of genuine parental concern for his well-being. I actually hope she doesn't change her mind and Izuku ends up running away to school, to add some real emotional sacrifice to his character.

Please, Asui parents next chapter. Pulease!!!

Regarding Deku's mother. I really like her. I hate the trope of mothers in manga always being perfect beings who have the emotional maturity, empathic ability and logical discernment you would expect from god himself - all that while looking as some kind of ethereal nymph.

Deku's mom is your average mother: she is small, kinda chubby, she takes bad decisions when she is under emotional distress and she doesn't view things through omniscient eyes. She is acting like a mother "I am not sure my kid will be safe there. Maybe he will be sad now, maybe he will hate me, but with time he will find something else he can love doing without dying in the process. As long as he is alive, he can find other sources of happiness".

Any of the other parents acting like that could be overreacting, but Deku is always coming home a mess. All Might himself pointed out (last chapter) this was the first time Deku managed to go through a dangerous situation without sacrificing his body recklessly. I mean, if Recovery Girl was not part of U.A. staff, Deku would be crippled long ago and goodbye heroic dreams.
    The problem here is not his mother's behavior, but Deku's own recklessness. Too bad this came out exactly after the very first time he managed to take action while keeping his own safety in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    As for Izuku's mom, I think it's clear she's not making this decision out of selfishness but out of genuine parental concern for his well-being.
    Isn't that a kind of selfishness, though? She hasn't taken Deku's thoughts and feelings into consideration at all. He has grown a hell of the lot both in his quirk and as a person and his mom is acting like none of that matters.

If this was a one-off thing, we wouldn't be thinking more of this, but the other defining moment for Deku's mom hurting her son with her own thoughts and actions when he needed to most emotional support. This is how Deku's mom is, never attempting to look past her son's surface, whether it's his original quirkless nature (for which she pitied him), his acceptance into UA (the only time she supported him, which was AFTER he had already accomplished), or his injuries (for which she again pities him). The kicker is that, even after apparently speaking with Deku about this, she made a new decision on her own, directly ignoring her son's inner feelings for the outer issues. It doesn't matter if it's the right decision, she's going at it from a very wrong perspective.

Mind you I don't think this is bad writing. Deku's mom has a pretty consistent characterization as caring, but distant, so this all feels pretty organic and expected from her. It's also pretty clear that we're supposed to be conflicted over, if not outright against her parenting right now. I'm just drawing some links and hating her as a person. Good character, bad person.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The problem here is not his mother's behavior, but Deku's own recklessness. Too bad this came out exactly after the very first time he managed to take action while keeping his own safety in mind.
    No, the mother is very much the main problem. She only sees Deku as a reckless person because she's never even bothered to try and understand him. Deku is somewhat reckless, but there's a lot of growth and development going on there as well, which culminated in him being able to use his powers safely in the last arc. One of the reasons Deku's so reckless, anyways, is because All Might is the only positive parental figure in his life, and All Might knew full well that Deku would both get injured and be able to recover to some capacity. All Might isn't that responsible of a mentor, either, but he has no responsibility to be, he just ends up that way because his parents aren't. I think most of this stems from Deku's mother being a bad mom.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

This was a neat chapter. I too loved Bakugou's mom. I feel for his dad though lol.

Deku's mother makes sense. The school sorta has consistently failed the students in protecting them to get at All Might. It ranged from quick nurse visit to long hospital stays. It does make the school look incompetent. But on the other hand Deku's mpther should also be concerned with how much of a glass canon Deku's quirk makes him. Clearly he would need training of some sort. She should realize by now that this is her son's dream very little will stop him.

You can dislike her but calling her a straight up bad person seems like a stretch, it depends on your perspective. With the way I grew up and what I've been through I wish I had deku's mom to be a little selfish for me. If we look at it from another angle not knowing what we know now, what if she had told him he could be a hero against all odds and it never happened? Would that make her worse? Would he blame her? We really have to keep in mind that he's not some 18 year old going off on his own he's a little kid breaking his body apart constantly. This doesn't make her necessarily right but it definitely doesn't make her a bad person either.

Closed Thread

Thread Information