+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 169 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3

Default Re: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3

I really hope that since they're taking their time with this one (unlike PW1 and PW2 which were just a year apart) the game will be of much higher quality. I also disliked PW2's story greatly. Really hope they stick to canon story while maybe adding some sort of filler material that doesn't go full on bullshit like PW2's.

Hopefully it gets released to the West on all the announced platforms (PS4/Vita/PS3) be it physical and/or digital. I really wanted a localized version of PW2 for the Vita so hopefully Bamco will give PW3 Vita a chance in the West.

HQ scan from Weekly Shonen Jump.

Sabo confirm playable! :)

PS4, PS3 and Vita!!

My dreams have come true! Thank you, based Koei!

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    I thought PS4's maximum output was 1080p, no?
    Just looked it up there and wow they haven't even upgraded? The PS4 and Xbox One seem like the most unimpressive console leaps yet, but what's the point if it's the same resolution and no backwards compatibility? Oh well at least this game is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by IORI_17 View Post
    Will they ever make a GOOD One Piece game? >_>
    Unlimited World Red and Grand Battle Rush aren't good games or are you're standards unnecessarily high?

Quote Originally Posted by BatrozX View Post
    I really hope that since they're taking their time with this one (unlike PW1 and PW2 which were just a year apart) the game will be of much higher quality. I also disliked PW2's story greatly. Really hope they stick to canon story while maybe adding some sort of filler material that doesn't go full on bullshit like PW2's.
    Given how the Dressrosa arc is still going on(much like the main story) they'll probably use an largely original story instead of having people reexperience the same arcs with the same predictable outcomes they've sat through in one form for or another.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 28th, 2014 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

There's the chance that it could give us the option to play through the canon story or a new, original story.

Or is that too unlikely?

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

HOLEEEY SHYEATSU!!! w-why was the announcement so subtle? and for PS3 still?! fuck yeah!

after the surprise...I'm praying for it to come out only in the end of 2015. This series really needs some polishing and a bigger cast. They have some updates for most Strawhat characters (from memory, I think that Gomu Gomu UFO was the most recent move at the time that got added), and if they wait a little bit, they shall have much more (final fights in the manga are debuting, and we still need to know more about the ship situation).

Well, I only got PW2 when it was really cheap, so I know it will take a while before a put my hands on this one...hope the weekly news get me pumped all the way, though!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    There's the chance that it could give us the option to play through the canon story or a new, original story.

Or is that too unlikely?
    Not unlikely just somewhat impractical being that Dressrosa is still going on. And it's kind of redundant at this point.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Not unlikely just somewhat impractical being that Dressrosa is still going on. And it's kind of redundant at this point.
    But Dressrosa should be over by the time this game is out, no? Even Punk Hazard (which was the current arc in the manga) was included in the second game.

From the scans, it seems like we're going to get some elements of the canon Dressrosa at least. I can see Issho's meteor shower from Green Bit, and the 3 sake cups left by Sabo at the gravestone. Guess it doesn't hurt to wait for more scans though... since this is a pretty basic one.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    But Dressrosa should be over by the time this game is out, no? Even Punk Hazard (which was the current arc in the manga) was included in the second game.
    It may or it may not and though Punk Hazard was in the last game no major characters from the arc appeared hell even Shanks didn't appear in the last game for some really weird reason.

I hope we get an original story inspired by some events of the canon story. By that I mean a story that gives more screentime to characters other than Luffy and Law.
    Just playing the canon story would be too boring.

Maybe this time there will actually be characters I want to play.
    IF YOU LIKE ONE PIECE, YOU NEED TO WATCH

Bojji is the best

It may or it may not and though Punk Hazard was in the last game no major characters from the arc appeared hell even Shanks didn't appear in the last game for some really weird reason.
    Ah right. My recent playing of Unlimited World Red threw me off on the characters part.

Ah well. We'll find out news about what the story is going to be about fairly soon I imagine.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

well who is still left from the first game that isn't playable? The east blue lot? I skipped 2 because i figured the 3rd one would have a decent roster size finally

My dreams have come true! Thank you, based Koei!
    You need better dreams.

Or is that too unlikely?
    They'll do one or the other, they won't do both.

I'd rather they just do an original story. We all *know* the actual story, they aren't going to capture it in any detail. At least with a new imaginary tale they can have some fun with it, and do things with characters that would otherwise jobber. (Like moria was super kickass in his cinemas.)

Long as they can avoid things that bothered me like constantly getting to Punk Hazard without crossing the red line.
    Because as good as they are at BSing, we haven't seen even a single move from Shanks?

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    well who is still left from the first game that isn't playable? The east blue lot? I skipped 2 because i figured the 3rd one would have a decent roster size finally
    Mr 2, Mr. 3, Arlong, Hachi, Krieg, Wapol, most of CP9, Magellan, Ivanokov, Jozu, Vista, Moria.... and they're obviously flat out missing Vivi, Carue, and a Chopper that doesn't suck.

I expect Ceasr, Monet, and Tashigi to all show up. Playable? Who knows. Hody I guess?
    IF YOU LIKE ONE PIECE, YOU NEED TO WATCH

Bojji is the best

No Vergo? Why is he always left out?
    We got One Piece on Toonami! Now help it get the best ratings by getting it trending on Twitter when it is on.

I would love to have vivi in this. the 2nd one had perona right? I did want to try so i guess i will this time. On that list i would be satisfied if Mr. 2 and Arlong became playable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.0 Crocodile View Post
    No Vergo? Why is he always left out?
    Mr. 1 would like to have a word with you.

3DS Friend Code 1693-2056-2994

They better make up a totally new moveset for the SHs, I'm talking all new moves. I don't care if they have to make up non-canon bullshit themselves, just have them use different attacks. Their movesets have been basically the same since the first game, time to switch it up guys.

That's not the only concern I have about this game either. I want to be excited for this but I feel that they'll just start same-ing everything and barely put in any effort. I'll wait for the trailer I guess, that should clearly show whether this sequel will be worth it or not.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information