+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hullabaloo: A Steampunk Adventure

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

Default Hullabaloo: A Steampunk Adventure

Basically, some old school Disney animation veterans are trying to create a series of short animated features that may lead to a series or even a film if their crowdfunding is successful. I for one think the world could always use more quality 2D animation, and despite knowing very little about steampunk, the setting looks really interesting so far.

Their home page:
    http://www.hullabaloo-movie.com/

And their Indiegogo campaign:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...film/x/8525230

Default Re: Hullabaloo: A Steampunk Adventure

very interesting. we need more 2d hand-drawn animation nowadays.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

I absolutely love Steampunk, and 2-D animation is always a delight to see, so hopefully this gets funded, and later on the down the road, can be successful enough for the film or television series.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Very nice! And I am always for supporting 2D animation, I would hate to see it die.

Another article about Hullaballoo:
    http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/09/0...th-hullabaloo/

Dang, and their campaign is already at 68%! Woot!

I've been debating how much to give, since I'm short on money right now, but . . . . . I may just have to go for $35, which is higher than I thought. Why? You get a NECKLACE. A KEY NECKLACE. *shiny eyes*

Linked this to a ton of friends - They seem excited.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

Woo hoo! They got fully funded!

I'm still crossing my fingers that we meet the fully orchestrated soundtrack stretchgoal, everything after that is fine. But that orchestra will be a major plus.

Sweeeeeeet, they made their first two stretch goals which means there's going to be a second short film AND a full orchestral soundtrack! And there's still over 20 days to go!

I'm still not sure about the third stretch goal, though. I hate to be a cynic but that's over $200,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Sweeeeeeet, they made their first two stretch goals which means there's going to be a second short film AND a full orchestral soundtrack! And there's still over 20 days to go!

I'm still not sure about the third stretch goal, though. I hate to be a cynic but that's over $200,000.
    It's possible - I haven't decided if I am going to back it or not yet - I did link it to a ton of friends though to make sure it has a good chance of getting more exposure.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Apparently I was totally wrong. They did unlock the third short at $240,000, and at $260,000 they can have a full orchestra soundtrack for it too. That should be no problem at the rate it's going.

I plan to donate in the last week (waiting for money to come in..), I'm super hyped for this project. A week ago I saw it the first time and it was at 80000 and now it's boomed so much, which makes me super happy!

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

I love 2D animation. I love Steampunk. I love the overal idea about this movie... but there's one thing that bothers me a lot.

There seem to be two female protagonists that look practically the same, like classic Disney princesses, while other (male) characters have more personality to them... and this makes me so dissapointed for some reason =/

I think I'll throw a few dollars at it. don't really care about the "stuff" you get though.

The campaign has closed and funding has completed at $470,726. Which is 588% of their original goal. Daaaaayyuuum.

But I'm so happy! This just goes to show you how much people love 2D animation, and we will be getting FOUR animated shorts out of this, instead of just one.

For my contribution of $35 I won't just be getting the key bottle-opener necklace, they added on a tea-cup and a gear charm as well. Yay! Now I just have to wait until . . . . . July 2015 to get them. Boo.

Got my charms and key in the mail today. They're really nice. \o/

Anyone go to the screening a few days ago? I wish I could've.

I went to the post office today but I haven't gotten my charms/key yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information