+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Default Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Xbox.com accidently leaked it by hosting an image of the boxart and a random image which not sure is concept art or actual in-game enviroment.

Safe to say it's going to be on every platform under the sun if they're putting it on 360.

There's also this rumor circulating about it:
    There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance. Guess away. That’s more than enough.”
    “Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 2

If true, cool, I heard the first one was good. Tried the demo on 3ds for the first game and it was playable, but I think I play the ps3 version or pc sometime in the future. And the more female characters in games the better.^^

The first one was great so I'll welcome this.
    RE Revelations felt more RE than 5 or 6.
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

Oh my god, I misread this as 'Silent Hill Revelations 2', and I nearly screamed at my computer screen!!!

This is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Safe to say it's going to be on every platform under the sun if they're putting it on 360.
    As long as they're not all ports of a 3DS version.

Why does this boxart seem so familiar......oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Hekti View Post
    The first one was great so I'll welcome this.
    RE Revelations felt more RE than 5 or 6.
    Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

5 was still fun (i liek co-op), but 6 was garbage in every way (even with co-op).

Revelations 1 gave my 3DS more use than even Pokemon. Prison theme for 2 could be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

5 was still fun (i liek co-op), but 6 was garbage in every way (even with co-op).

Revelations 1 gave my 3DS more use than even Pokemon. Prison theme for 2 could be awesome.
    I disagree. 6 was leagues above 5, it was great I think. One of the better co-op games out there.

Gotta go with CCC on this one. RE6 was one of the worst game experiences I can remember in recent years. Total, total disaster. And why would I even want to do co-op when my CPU partner is literally unkillable? But I played the hell out of 5. I really wish it were closer to the earlier REs or even 4, but at least it was a good game, which I can't say about 6. In fact, I haven't played through the first Revelations but one of the things putting me off from doing so is a boat segment that seems nearly identical to an RE6 moment that I consider one of the worst in the entire game: going around finding keys in horribly designed narrow corridors while being chased by several invinicible Rasklapanjes.

All I remember out of my experience with RE6 was that on a normal playthrough I just ran around stabbing things with my knife while my brother just laughed at how stupid the whole thing was

RE5 was pretty fun for co-op though

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    All I remember out of my experience with RE6 was that on a normal playthrough I just ran around stabbing things with my knife while my brother just laughed at how stupid the whole thing was

RE5 was pretty fun for co-op though
    I guess you were doing Leon's campaign or something. That doesn't work so well on the Gears of Modern Duty portions.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I guess you were doing Leon's campaign or something. That doesn't work so well on the Gears of Modern Duty portions.
    Yeah, and honestly that was pretty much as far as we got before we got bored of the whole thing, so I'm honestly not the best metric for both games to say the least, but there wasn't anything really compelling about doing it single player and we sure weren't interested after that point in doing it co-op when there were other games to play

Revelations felt like an actual RE game to me. It felt like it took all the things that were good about the newer games in the series (Like the expanded ability to control your character) and stuck that into a RE1-3 style game. I had to worry about conserving my ammo. I got genuinely scared at times. It FELT Like an RE Game to me which I've missed since RE5 on in the main series.

Pretty excited about this TBH.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Yeah once more info comes out I'll definitely be jumping on this for the appropriate platform. Together with REmake REmaster and also The Evil Within and now Silent Hills, I'm pretty happy with the survival horror scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    In fact, I haven't played through the first Revelations but one of the things putting me off from doing so is a boat segment that seems nearly identical to an RE6 moment that I consider one of the worst in the entire game: going around finding keys in horribly designed narrow corridors while being chased by several invinicible Rasklapanjes.
    RE6's case is much much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Revelations felt like an actual RE game to me. It felt like it took all the things that were good about the newer games in the series (Like the expanded ability to control your character) and stuck that into a RE1-3 style game. I had to worry about conserving my ammo. I got genuinely scared at times. It FELT Like an RE Game to me which I've missed since RE5 on in the main series.

Pretty excited about this TBH.
    I just hope there's more diversity in the monster layout and no more degraded boss syndrome.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 20th, 2014 at 06:07 PM.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I loved RE6 (sig related)! It and Revelations were much better than RE5 in my opinion, even though I can't stand Jill's new face model. Anyway, if this turns out true, I'm on board already. RE, for better or worse, has been my favorite game series since the first one. I'm gonna ride this train all the way to Hell... XD

If they seriously gimp Resident Evil 6's control scheme, which is one of the best third-person shooter controls this side of Vanquish, in favor of more limiting controls to fit more into survival horror I blame you all.

...the controls were also awful in RE6. But maybe part of me feeling that way is more due to the bad mechanics themselves (cover, diving, crawling, etc) in addition to a really shitty interface/HUD (item screen is garbage etc).

so Claire(if so about f'n time)...Barry..or Rebecca..trying to think who the one who never been in a game would be.
    i've played and beat every RE but the fps ones. Even beat the GBA one.

If they seriously gimp Resident Evil 6's control scheme
    Revelations is a side-series so they could easily ignore the little improvements they introduced in 6.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information