+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Animated Avatars

Default Re: Ben's Animated Avatars

Thanks for the input, Nosferatu Robb!

I agree, it's hard to say which is better. I like the pixellation, but if I have to scale up more than 2x then I think the algorithms do a little better while keeping some of that old 16-bit feel with the colors.

So there is a thread for your avatars, huh. I like them all, my favorite being Robo and the star-grabbing Mario you had for a while. That one was really cool.

Also +1 for nostalgia pixels!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    So there is a thread for your avatars, huh. I like them all, my favorite being Robo and the star-grabbing Mario you had for a while. That one was really cool.

Also +1 for nostalgia pixels!
    Thanks, Wolfman!

Alright, alright, you guys have convinced me. I'll put the pixelated versions back in the original post so you can pick your choose.

My next project was going to be the Piranha Plant from SM64, but I have to say that I'm getting a little intimidated by Blender, which I have never used before. I mean, I know that 3D rendering is difficult, I've demoed parts in SolidWorks before, but I honestly don't even know where to start with this guy. Usually I can play around a little before I have to start looking up tutorials, but I didn't even know how to import the .obj files at first.

I think that I'm probably a little out of my depth, but I'm going to keep at it anyway.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hey, visitors, thanks for checking out my GIFs!

Now, I've got a couple questions for y'all:

How is the first post loading for you? Are all the GIFs appearing to run smoothly, or are they starting to get laggy?

If lag is becoming a problem, then I can try to spread them out to separate pages of this thread and provide links to them in the first post. Also, I could replace them all with links to whatever image upload site I'm using, but I sort of like that they show up immediately when you open the spoiler tag.

Let me know what you think, and I will format the thread accordingly. Thanks again to all of you who have visited, and especially to those who have given feedback! Please, feel free to use these AVs as you wish. Requests are always welcome, too.
    Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 2nd, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Just entered to say that these GIFs are amazing. Keep up the good work!

The first post loads quickly for me (but I'm probably not a good example since I'm on an outrageously fast University Internet Connection). I can tell you that once a lot of avatars get under those tags though, it will start to bog down someone with a slow internet connection.

A way to compress what's viewed on the first post though, would be to upload the GIF to a site like Imagebam. Make the thumbnail size whatever, but use the GIF format. Then use the BBCode that it gives you after the upload, and it'll appear as a still image in the post, but once clicked on will go to the site and appear as a GIF.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Just entered to say that these GIFs are amazing. Keep up the good work!
    Will do, good buddy. Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000
    The first post loads quickly for me (but I'm probably not a good example since I'm on an outrageously fast University Internet Connection). I can tell you that once a lot of avatars get under those tags though, it will start to bog down someone with a slow internet connection.

A way to compress what's viewed on the first post though, would be to upload the GIF to a site like Imagebam. Make the thumbnail size whatever, but use the GIF format. Then use the BBCode that it gives you after the upload, and it'll appear as a still image in the post, but once clicked on will go to the site and appear as a GIF.
    Thanks for the advice, and I like your idea. The filesize of each GIF is quite small (they're AVs after all), so I'm not really that worried about them loading slowly. What's really going to become a problem is that they're all going to start animating very slowly depending on how fast your GPU/browser combo is. I've already started to notice that the playback is getting slow when I visit the thread with my smart phone, so I figured that others must be seeing that as well.

I've been using imgur so far, let's see if they do a similar thing.

Test:

Schweet! It works!

Alright, I'll update the original with these when I get the time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Neat! Imgur keeps track of all sorts of statistics about your viewed images. Now, I'll be able to tell which ones you all are viewing the most (and least)!

Aw yis. I'm excite.

Next up: Korosensei

edit: Latitudes and Longitudes

Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 7th, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

First variation, done!

Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 7th, 2014 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    First variation, done!

http://i.imgur.com/rsTijQk.png
    Fantastic Work, Benjammin! Next, try doing the Blank expression where he's like (._.)

Oh, and since you don't mind me coming to you for help, could you please tweak my White Rabbit Avatar for me, if you possibly can?

It's the eyes that need changing. The entire Sclera (whites of the eyes) are a Very noticeable Pink color, which unfortunately makes my Avatar look like he's incredibly high on Cannabis.

I know the original Disney film had the same eye color, but could you change the pink eyes to a proper white?

I have another, much tougher, request of you concerning my Avatar, but I'm not sure I should ask.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Fantastic Work, Benjammin! Next, try doing the Blank expression where he's like (._.)

Oh, and since you don't mind me coming to you for help, could you please tweak my White Rabbit Avatar for me, if you possibly can?

http://www.arlongpark.net/customavat...r15012_333.gif

It's the eyes that need changing. The entire Sclera (whites of the eyes) are a Very noticeable Pink color, which unfortunately makes my Avatar look like he's incredibly high on Cannabis.

I know the original Disney film had the same eye color, but could you change the pink eyes to a proper white?
    Here's a slightly more sober bunny, hopefully he won't be running quite as late as that last one.

I couldn't find that exact purple that we used for the outline last time, so I tried to replicate it. I've also made the outline a little less harsh. Is it all a little more to your liking?

Considering all of the drugs/narcotics references in that story, I wouldn't be surprised if that rabbit is supposed to be high as fuck on... something.

I have another, much tougher, request of you concerning my Avatar, but I'm not sure I should ask. http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3497/2e0sr50th.gif
    Please, do go on. I like requests!
    Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 7th, 2014 at 01:46 AM.

Second Movement

Question Re: Ben's Animated Avatars

Here's a slightly more sober bunny, hopefully he won't be running quite as late as that last one.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

I couldn't find that exact purple that we used for the outline last time, so I tried to replicate it.

This is the Dark Purple color reference that I provided with you in the original request. Speaking honestly, I prefer the dark & harsher outline.

Considering all of the drugs/narcotics references in that story, I wouldn't be surprised if that rabbit is supposed to be high as fuck on... something

Hidden:

Please, do go on. I like requests!
    Well, the thing is, could you, if possible, change the clothes the Rabbit is wearing to different colors? or would that be too complicated?

Like the Red Coat to more of a Blue/Dark Blue? (Here are Some Samples)

And the Yellow Vest to more of a Darker shade of Wrought Iron Grey (to differentiate between the lighter Grey shorts that he is wearing, which you don't need to change.)

Would that be manageable?

Twitch / Blogspot

Well, the thing is, could you, if possible, change the clothes the Rabbit is wearing to different colors? or would that be too complicated?

Like the Red Coat to more of a Blue/Dark Blue? (Here are Some Samples)

And the Yellow Vest to more of a Darker shade of Wrought Iron Grey (to differentiate between the lighter Grey shorts that he is wearing, which you don't need to change.)

Would that be manageable?
    How's this?

Are you sure that the vest/jacket combo isn't too dark? I can lighten it up a little or try to up the contrast so that the highlights are a little brighter.

I can also change the color of his shirt and/or pants if you want. Just let me know!

I'm continually impressed with your GIMP Wizardry, Oh Great Browner of Benjammins.

Are you sure that the vest/jacket combo isn't too dark? I can lighten it up a little
    Yeah, please do that.

I can also change the color of his shirt and/or pants if you want. Just let me know!
    I think I'm going to get a little carried away here.

Basically, the New pants/vest/Bow tie colors are completely fine. No need to change those, it's only the outer coat that could use some tweaking.

Hmm, going by this chart for the different shades of blue, I would say the current coat color is closest to either a "Duke Blue" or a "Navy Blue".

Could I please have a comparison change to more of a "Persian Blue"?

Lastly, there's still some Yellow on the upturned Coat collars. Could that please be changed to a "Pakistan Green"?

I'M SO SORRY FOR ASKING SO MUCH OF YOU!!

PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; September 8th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Twitch / Blogspot

Really, I have fun doing this, so no need to thank me so much!

Here's the next cut, let me know if you think it needs a little more tweaking.

Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 8th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.

Really, I have fun doing this, so no need to thank me so much!

Here's the next cut, let me know if you think it needs a little more tweaking.

http://i.imgur.com/aeKktBm.png
    Um....Uh....(trying to think of things that need tweaking because it's already so perfect) M-Maybe a little Darker for the Green?
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; September 8th, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Twitch / Blogspot

Um....Uh....(trying to think of things that need tweaking because it's already so perfect) M-Maybe a little Darker for the Green?
    Done.

Too dark?

edit: I thought it was too dark so I eased back a little, I think it looks p. good now.

Too dark?
    Er...Yes.

:/

There has to be a middle ground here!

Twitch / Blogspot

Er...Yes.

:/

There has to be a middle ground here!
    Haha, I edited it a little. Is it better now?

Haha, I edited it a little. Is it better now?

Once Again, Thank You Benjammin.

You Rock.

Twitch / Blogspot

Not a problem, it was fun!

Now, which Korosensei face next...?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information