+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Iga is doing wtf Konami isn't doing (Bloodstained kickstarter)

Default Iga is doing wtf Konami isn't doing (Bloodstained kickstarter)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...g-silent-hills

So that myserious PT demo that hit the PS4 store turned out to be a marketing thing for a new Silent Hill game. Confirmed involved are Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus, from Boondock Saints and the Walking dead, who will be playing the main character. There's not too much more info besides that, including whether it's PS4 exclusive or not and why it's called Silent Hill*s*. And the PT demo doesn't share too much with what the final game will be. Like the final game isn't going to be first person.

Pretty cool marketing.

Default Re: Silent Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Pretty cool marketing.
    Yep. Haven't played the demo yet, but has it been confirmed the final game won't be in first-person?

At the end it says "This game is a teaser. It has no direct relation to the main title". It's not outright said but given that disclaimer and that Silent Hill is a third person franchise (and that you see the character at the end) it's like 99% likely.

Ah. Okay then. I still need to get around to actually playing the Silent Hill series at some point, but what I've seen has always been good, and I've always enjoyed Kojima's games from a gameplay stance.

That thing is going to be a Silent Hill game? Why? From what I hear the game is terrifying... but not in the type of horror that the Silent Hill games were.

It's just a marketing stunt. The final game likely won't be all that similar to the teaser.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Not going to lie. I peed a little, and teared up a bit, at this news. Silent Hill is my favorite horror franchise, and, I would like to see it restored to its former glory. It's the horror series that has pretty much made me immune to the rest of the horror genre when it comes to scares.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Not going to lie. I peed a little, and teared up a bit, at this news. Silent Hill is my favorite horror franchise, and, I would like to see it restored to its former glory. It's the horror series that has pretty much made me immune to the rest of the horror genre when it comes to scares.
    The Silent Hill games don't really have scares. They're scary due to their atmosphere and the creepy shit you run into. This P.T thing tho was just outright generic horror (tho still horrifying despite it), first-person jumpscare haunted house.

I really hope Silent Hills doesn't go that route and instead follows the same style of SH1-3. They're saying this game has absolutely nothing to do with Silent Hills it was just something they put together as a marketing stunt but... why would you make it like this when the actual game that's being teased won't be? If Silent Hills will actually be the type of horror that is present in P.T then I won't be able to play it as I won't be able to handle it. 3spooky5me

Well... It is said to be a reboot of the series, so... I wouldn't expect it to be 100% identical to the older games. Though, I'm pretty sure the teaser is just that, a teaser, also, a marketing stunt to reveal the actual game. The teaser DOES use a lot of sounds from older Silent Hill games throughout it, so, Kojima basically threw that stuff everywhere to see if people could figure it out before getting to the reveal screen.

Goodnight, everyone~

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    http://a.pomf.se/wshnhp.gif

Goodnight, everyone~
    Poor thing needed to go to the bathroom really badly.

Why are women more spooky (so spooky) compared to men? lol

What the hell is wrong with Kojima and stupid plurals. "Ground Zeroes" "Silent Hills."

Learn Englishes

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    What the hell is wrong with Kojima and stupid plurals. "Ground Zeroes" "Silent Hills."

Learn Englishes
    Because hills is definitely not an actual word, no sir.

I said stupid plurals, not plurals that don't form real words.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I said stupid plurals, not plurals that don't form real words.
    Wow... for some reason I actually missed you saying that. My bad.

But I feel like it might have a plot reason for being plural. Maybe there will be more than one Silent Hill in the game? Multiple playable characters going through multiple versions of the town? Yes please.

Here's some consolation, Buuhan.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-says-kojima/

"The one thing that I can say about Silent Hills, and this is something I've been discussing with Guillermo del Toro as well, is that originally we were thinking of making a game that would make you pee your pants, but at this point we've changed our minds, and now we're aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants," Kojima bluntly declared during the live broadcasted Konami event.

"One thing that you have to keep in mind is that, if a game is too scary, people just won't play it. In movies or attractions ... if it gets too scary you just keep your eyes shut and soon it will be over. But if it's a game, people will just stop. So that's why there's a limit on how scary you can make a game.

"But in this case we're totally ignoring that and, you know what? If you don't want to keep on playing through the game, so be it. We don't care. That's the game we are aiming for, we're aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants. So, players, make sure you have a change [of clothes]," said Kojima.

So basically, from what I got out of that article, they are trying to sell this new and improved "SILENT HILLZ" to the Outlast demographics rather than the old school Silent Hill demographics.

Not that I mind, but still...why bother calling it Silent Hill? Just make a new freaking IP like "Evil Within". If Akira Yamaoka is not associated with this, I don't even know why they should bother continuing this franchise.

At least they are trying.
    In best case this will be new SH2.
    In worst case at least it will be new Shattered Memories.

There will never be SH game as good as the Room again, but there won't be one as bad as Homecoming again for sure.

I'm not understanding the problem with the game being made to make you shit your pants. How is that different from Silent Hill? It depends on how they do it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information