+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 385 "There is a Way" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    And no way in hell a chicken/rooster could mess anyone up.
    You've obviously never seen a fully grown rooster before; you do not want those spurs anywhere near you.

And you're probably right on the Jyabura thing, Oda wouldn't make it that easy on us.
    Complicating things since 2009.

mr 1 has no bounty. he was a bounty hunter.

ooshi78
    "Listen, you can send a stripper to my party if you like. It won't affect me because, as you can see, I am appearing naked, which I always try to do because I'm kind of a natural guy."

-kermit the frog

Great, now I want to beat a rooster.

Spandam probably doesn't care about physical power, his hang-up seems to be weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

It seems (to me) that Spandam is content to command strength. In other words, he's content in not being strong himself as long as he can continue to use the CP9 for his own benefit.

Rather than having somehting up his sleeve to take down a rowdy CP9, I think it's far more likely that he has something up his sleeve to ensure their cooperation. I doubt he's willing to part with any of them. He loves his all-powerful CP9 too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Rather than having somehting up his sleeve to take down a rowdy CP9, I think it's far more likely that he has something up his sleeve to ensure their cooperation. I doubt he's willing to part with any of them. He loves his all-powerful CP9 too much.
    From what we've seen of Spandam, I have no doubt in my mind that he'd sacrifice CP9 without a second thought if he thought that it would get him what he wants.

As far as contingency plans go, if CP9 gets out of hand, all Spandam has to do is pick up a Phone Snail and call the HQ. If worse comes to worse, Aokiji hops on his bike, rides out, slaughters them, and rides back in time for lunch.

The marine Admirals doesn't seem like the type to enjoy obeying orders...

And it would take a considerable amount of force to slaughter the CP9. Remember, they specialize in assassination.

Spandam's said several things that make me think that no, he won't sacrifice the CP9. Not that he cares for them, but they are his greatest tools. He won't sacrifice them any more than Zoro would sacrifice his swords...

At least, that's how I see it.

Any tool can be replaced by a better tool. I think even Zoro would upgrade his swords if he had the right reason. But Spandam is a far less scrupulous individual that Zoro.

Oh...love the random Kaku pic. XD He looks very goofy eating that banana thing.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by changsho
    The marine Admirals doesn't seem like the type to enjoy obeying orders...
    Well, Aokiji seems to be inclined to wander off at a whim, but we don't know that about Akainu or Kizaru, who are probably on the same level as him in strength. Plus the Marines may well be under direct orders from the Gorosei to cooperate with Spandam as much as necessary; that would explain why Spandam has recieved permission from Aokiji to use the Buster Call.

And it would take a considerable amount of force to slaughter the CP9. Remember, they specialize in assassination.
    Which is an sign that they're not built for a straight-up fight against a superior foe. The entire point of an assassination is to get in and kill the target without a prolonged fight.

Two of their techniques, Geppou and Soru, are just fancy ways of avoiding being hit, two more are designed to limit the damage from physical attacks if the first two don't work (Kami-e and Tekkai), and Shigan is designed to kill without noise. Considering it's effectiveness against walls, Rankyaku may well be just another way to the target more than it is an technique to be used against an enemy.

Nero's fight with Franky was essentially him running circles around Franky because his attacks couldn't actually hurt him. Blueno has already resorted to gimmicks in his fight with Luffy. I haven't seen anything of CP9 that says that they would do anything except suck and die if they tried to attack a Logia Fruit user.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    but they are his greatest tools. He won't sacrifice them any more than Zoro would sacrifice his swords....
    Eh, I think he would myself, especially if the tool that he stands to gain from their loss is much more useful to him than they could ever be. The guy's a world class prick, so I don't expect him to show any kind of sympathy for something that's no longer useful to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq
    We don't know what either of them ate yet, but the monkey reference and the general shape of Kaku's Devil Fruit makes it possible that he ate a Zoan type.

Personally, I'm hoping that it was the one-in-ten Fruit that Kaku ate, just because. At any rate, I want to see what it was fairly soon... actually, we can probably tell by how Jyabura acts from now on. If he acts somewhat pissed off, then it was a good power, but if he's in a good mood, it probably sucks.
    yes and karifa's fruit?
    and luffy's fruit?
    and buggy's fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by - NeX -
    yes and karifa's fruit?
    and luffy's fruit?
    and buggy's fruit?
    What are you talking about? :mellow:

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Uh....your theory on face cells rapidly spinning or whatever is just too far out. None of that scientific stuff is even implied. It's a manga about magic pirates, not everything is gonna be sound.
    One Piece has only one "magical," aspect to it; Zoro's cursed sword. :P

Also, I based my theory on a concept from Watsuki Nobuhiro, who was Oda's old mangaka. Due to the nature of that relationship, I felt I could site Watsuki as a possible inspiration for how this could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Stjernberg
    Hey! Here is one more who knows that Daz has a bounty. I know that too, but where do they say it? Some people even says he don't got one. 51millions, right?!
    You're a fool.The 51,000,000 berry bounty could be considered non-canon; I'm just stating that Daz has serious power on his side and is a far greater threat than Bon Clay. Remember that, for lack of an established unit of measure, like a power level, "bounties", which we all know are only slightly reliable, are the only means of measure to use.

Or prohaps, Protagoras, we could use your own outstanding deductive reasoning to reach the absolute truth of One Piece. Afterall, confirmed logic becomes knowledge, and thou possess much of that, hmm? Perhaps, or perhaps not; I tend to dissuade at this point. Consider, for if man is a measure, arrogance measures a man.

Quote Originally Posted by - NeX -
    yes and karifa's fruit?
    and luffy's fruit?
    and buggy's fruit?
    There is no way to guess what Califa wound up with and I don't have the slightest idea what the rest of your post is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Due to the nature of that relationship, I felt I could site Watsuki as a possible inspiration for how this could work.
    It's simple; when Blueno activated his powers, Luffy's head ceased to be a head and became a door. As a result, it no longer operated under the same constraints as a head would.

You're a fool.
    That seems a bit unnecessary.

I'm just stating that Daz has serious power on his side and is a far greater threat than Bon Clay.
    Depends on the situation; when it comes to cutting somebody up, Daz is the better choice. But Bon Clay should seriously mess things up if he ever managed to lay a hand on somebody really important. The Government may well take him more seriously than they do Daz Bones simply because of his power.

Remember that, for lack of an established unit of measure, like a power level, "bounties", which we all know are only slightly reliable, are the only means of measure to use.
    Bounties are wholly unreliable as a means of determining pecking order due to the way that they are issued at the behest of oft-corrupt officials and the way that they are assessed. If Luffy hadn't slugged Rat-Boy, he probably wouldn't have even have had a bounty until he attacked another government official in Alabasta.

Aha, so it really appears that this 51 million berries bounty on Dazes had were just some made up "fact".

Ok how now about that the second DF power replaces the first after eating? Still no info where this "fact" was coming from? <_<

Quote Originally Posted by madri
    I thought Bon Clay was his holiday codename: Mr. 2 Bon Clay; i.e., if he had a female partner, she would have been Miss Bon Clay.

The only Baroque Works Officer Agents I recall having real names revealed were Mr. 0, Mr. 1, and Miss All-Sunday.
    And Miss Doublefinger.

Other than that I really like your elaboration on Bon Kurei´s name. I really do. There´s no reason why Oda couldnt have thought of exactly that when he created that name. However the possibility is still open that it is his real name too. Why shouldn´t his real name fit his position? I mean uso means lie and Usopp lies constantly. Yet it was his real name before he was ever able to lie.

I´m not disagreeing actually, it´s just my personal preference that I take it as his real name. What you elaborated about the origin of the name is really good and can be taken both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffies Hat
    That was me. Well you may be right. Another posibility is that they will commender Puffing Tom. I think Kokoro could operate it.

Or, if Franky was building a ship, and if he told Iceburg where it was, Iceburg could show up in that ship to save the straw hats.
    the second one is a bigger possibility, but i guess we'll see what happens, theirs still a huge possibility that the World Goverment could decide that CP9 was in the wrong and so not go gung-ho for the defeat of the Mugiwara.

Doesnt it say that its a rummor\superstion that if you eat 2 fruits the 2 fruits sprits will fight. Bluno says something like scientits have found that doesnt happen

jyabura: stupid!! don't you know!!! us "nouryokusha" (ability users)!! have one demon (devil) living in us!! if i happen to get close to a fruit, a demon will fly out of the fruit and start fighting with the demon inside of me, causing my body to explode!!!

kaku: ....really?

bleuno: how stupid... for a member of the intelligence agency to believe in such rumors isn't good... the scientists on the "grandline" have already uncovered the mechanism to the ability

bleuno: what you're talking about is if two different fruits are eaten,

bleuno: your body blows apart without a trace and you die...

lucci: the bodies of greedy people don't survive. if you think about how much risk there is in eating one fruit,

lucci: you can infer how much "curse" there is associated with the second one...

jyabura?: what.....!? is that true
    Just seems like superstion and rummor to me

I dont see the Gov going to crazy over the chase of the strawhats as if they do, they have to explain there crazy assassin squad to the world.

And your point is? Hasn't it been explained in the chapter already.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    One Piece has only one "magical," aspect to it; Zoro's cursed sword. :P

You kinda forgot devil fruits....

Also, I based my theory on a concept from Watsuki Nobuhiro, who was Oda's old mangaka. Due to the nature of that relationship, I felt I could site Watsuki as a possible inspiration for how this could work.
    I don't know why people always go back to that. Okay, he took some things from RK, but they're completely different worlds. Notice how Oda didn't explain the 108 Pound Cannon in a page worth of bullshit physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

You kinda forgot devil fruits....
    Actually, I've come to belive the devil fruits are not magical. Wait, here me out here's my theory.

We KNOW that there was an advanced civilization in the world of OP before the story takes place. I think all the wierd stuff in OP....Mermen, Giants, random animal people (al-la Merry) and of course the DF could be explained by a highly advanced society split into two factions. Two warring nations with hyper-advanced knowledge of genetic manipulation would have resulted in a genetic arms race. One side develops giant soldiers to use as siege weapons (giants) the other develops ones that can breeth underwater (mermen) and sooner or later they devlop the Devil Fruits.

So the DF are ust biological weapons left over from the previous civilization. That's my theory, anyway. And if that's true, they DO have a scientific basis and not a magical one.

Captain Smoker Fangirl~! SereneCrimson's Avatar

Thats quite a theory there!

but to be honest, I dont agree with it, I still believe DFs are magical fruits that grow around the world..

Biological weapons just seems too far-fetched to be in OP...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information